Transporting clippings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herm

Reaction score
I am going to be taking some clippings to a friend. They should be in a cloner withing a couple hours of being clipped. Is there anything I need to do to pack them during the couple hours or so while they will be transported?

I'd put the stem in water, at the very least - and in a high-humidity box, something lined with plastic. I'd also trim the clone extra long so your freind can recut it prior to the cloner, this will help avoid any air bubbles in the lower stem. No way to bring a rooted cutting? - best of luck.....

HI,

I've transported cuttings in a # of ways, always with success... ;) My preferred method is to keep them in a large plastic cup with a couple of inches of water in them... but I've also just stuck them in ziplock bags with saturated paper towels in another baggie inside with holes that I stuck the stems through... this worked fine for just a few hours... the cup method will keep them happy for days...

Bon Voyage~!:cool:

I have also done the same wrapped in wet paper towel method and had no problems.

Latest posts

Back