UI Clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

IRISH

used to be a thread of homely looking plants. heres mine.:rolleyes: . it's an ultimate indica clone of a clone.

when i started growing these, there were 10 from seed. they all had some wierd disorder. they would make it 3-4 weeks veg, then die. the clones even had major problems of the sort.

this clones mom died at 6 weeks. 4 veg-2 flower. they all looked great til that 4 week point. then die within 2-3 days. they would shrivel up and turn crisp.

all the others were grown in soil. this one is dwc. i have managed to keep two of these alive. don't know how, but i did. i've actually wasted way to much time on them. but i just could not give up.

the two i have are at 3 months veg.:eek: . they tried to die at that 4 week point. you can see the brown crisp undergrowth. but they finally pulled out of it i think. i'm flowering them out now. 1 week flower. tis a homely lil girl. gotta get something else going here soon...bb...

100_3084.jpg

maybe its an error in the gene coding for auto-flower? what else happens at wk4? a change in hormone production?

Looks like Nute Problem to me. What kinda setup are you using?

dwc. flora nova 2 part nutes. ph 5.6. ppms 650...

i thought that also lotek. the seed is from legends own. thier about 2 years old. not supposed to be an auto strain. at 4 weeks they all get what appears to be a mite looking infestation. they seem to be mutant. almost as if it's plant suicide. def. bad genes. (i've scoped them throughout thier growth, with no oddities as to bugs, mold, or larvae.).

thier asleep now. i'll post a pic of 1 at 3 weeks tomorrow so you can get an idea of more what i'm talking about. it is just starting to do its downward spiral. 2 days ago, it was fine. now it looks twisted.

they remind me of the show ' the curious case of benjamin buttons'.:rolleyes: . as if they get to a point in age, then revert back to the beggining of thier life. but half way back, they get hit by a car , and die.

wow. did i say that? never mind me, i'm tired. i'll post it in the morning...bb...

^huh???^ oh yeah, now you got me bewildered too.:rolleyes: ...bb...

here is ui at 3 weeks doing her thing. i can hear you from here;nutes.
this one is ph 5.6, ppms 300. she has good roots. this is what they all have done. leaves curled up, down, all over. this one is getting binned today. mind made up...

the bigger ball of roots is of pic in first post. i'll continue to flower her.

i'll start something else next week. if the other ui don't snap around much better, shes gone too...bb...

100_3099.jpg

100_3100.jpg

100_3101.jpg

tankdogster said:
Duct Tape?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

cable wire? rubber stopper? blue sky...

:rolleyes: - what on earth are you saying tank??

(and its ducktape ;)

hXXp://www.needlesports.com/acatalog/ducktape.JPG

tank, the duck tape on the lids is to keep the light out of the rez. the lids were white.

actually, we like to call it 100 mile per hour tape.;) .

i binned the smaller lui...bb...

curiouscat420 said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

cable wire? rubber stopper? blue sky...

:rolleyes: - what on earth are you saying tank??

(and its ducktape ;)

hXXp://www.needlesports.com/acatalog/ducktape.JPG
maybe he meens duct tape. for HVAC ducting its got a mirror finish and it lets no light into the system. i double it up its very important with DWC to keep light out and the temps down this helps for both
you can get it at wal-mart or the depot

HPIM5689.JPG

actually the al tape is not duct tape, it is al tape. the cloth shiny silver tape is called DUCT tape because it was a cheap way to temporarily put ducting together before you screwed it together. the duct tape is more workable than Al tape.

the name ducktape comes from the first company to realize that this limited use hvac tape was supremely marketable to the public. so as good companies do, they filled a niche with a product not made for that niche, followed by ??? and shortly there after, profit. the trademark ducktape was used because it humanized the hvac product in a cute remember able way.

OP, duct tape is not 100% opaque. several layers may be but as you dont seem to have an algae problem, obviously your duct tape is apt for the job.

Edit: that plant's leaf/stem structure looks IDENTICAL to the of the dahlia im growing in my room... thats bizarre. looks more like that than a pot plant.

I was just wondering if the fumes from the adhesive on the tape would have any effect. A grow tent I was using had some kind of slight chemical smell and everything I put in there turned yellow and stopped growing. I guess i'm a little paranoid about some building materials. Sorry I did not mean to question your setup. Green Mojo to ya all :)

tankdogster said:
I was just wondering if the fumes from the adhesive on the tape would have any effect. A grow tent I was using had some kind of slight chemical smell and everything I put in there turned yellow and stopped growing. I guess i'm a little paranoid about some building materials. Sorry I did not mean to question your setup. Green Mojo to ya all :)

If Tape Adhesive killed plants,,I would never have a plant that made it.:D

tankdogster said:

>>> its all good dog.:cool: ...bb...

actually, the ui is flowering pretty nicely now.;) . shes a clone, of a clone. gonna bump her up tomorrow to 700 ppms, with a rez change. shes eating it up now.

i have wondered about the tapes chems doing some harm, but its all good now. i've also wondered about some of these flat white aerosol paints we all use too. makes you wonder; could of they did better if i'd used mylar instead?:rolleyes: . peace all...bb...

banjobuzz said:
dwc. flora nova 2 part nutes. ph 5.6. ppms 650...

i thought that also lotek. the seed is from legends own. thier about 2 years old. not supposed to be an auto strain. at 4 weeks they all get what appears to be a mite looking infestation. they seem to be mutant. almost as if it's plant suicide. def. bad genes. (i've scoped them throughout thier growth, with no oddities as to bugs, mold, or larvae.).

thier asleep now. i'll post a pic of 1 at 3 weeks tomorrow so you can get an idea of more what i'm talking about. it is just starting to do its downward spiral. 2 days ago, it was fine. now it looks twisted.

they remind me of the show ' the curious case of benjamin buttons'.:rolleyes: . as if they get to a point in age, then revert back to the beggining of thier life. but half way back, they get hit by a car , and die.

wow. did i say that? never mind me, i'm tired. i'll post it in the morning...bb...

dude just give up man. Not only is it a bad idea to keep this disorder around, that plant is tiny. Use the room for a more productive plant.

cant bin her now. to much time in. i do feel ya though. i cant count how many times i about scrapped it.

it has gotten bigger now. actually looking descent. i got some other things going on too...bb...

Latest posts

Back