Under lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mactight

MOUNTIAN DEW
Reaction score
I got a 400 hps that I have got some bubblicious under,the canopy is really full and the light isnt really penatrating underneth.So can I put some CFL's from underneth pointing up,to give more lumes to the branches that are hardly getting anything form the hps.If I cant do that,is there anything I can do to help reach the light down there?Thanks

yea check out my grow. I would have had 2 more 4 footers and about 8 hanging cfls, but i moved em all to my veg room but i left one 4 ft and 2 23 watters. It seems to be working with good results

The "receptors" within the leaves that use light to "photosynthesise", are on the top side of leaves. Lighting from underneath, has been documented(I have read), to encourage stretching. Also, flourescents are weak in intensity, if you have a tube flouro' more than 6 inches away from the plants,(cfl's probably a foot) you just as well have it in another room. It is not providing any significant, usefull light to you plants....IMO

Latest posts

Back