Use of foul language on this site.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stoney Bud

One of the expressions I see often is "***". All of us know what these initials mean. If you typed the words out, the foul language auto-censor would instantly censor the phrase to "WHAT THE ****".

So, knowing this, why do some people insist on using this type of language? Is it that they simply don't know any better? That they talk that way to their Mother and Grandmother and all their friends and teachers and family? I doubt this.

I know if I used the word "F" in front of my Mother, I would have been slapped into next week.

We have Mothers and Grandmothers here on this site who read these posts. We also have people who for their own reasons, do not like to read cussing and foul language. It's not fair to them to make them read them.

The polite thing to do is learn how to speak without having to use cuss words instead of REAL words.

Please everyone, do so.

We've tried to make examples out of a few posts by using the BRIGHT RED LETTERS, but that doesn't seem to help.

The cussing won't be allowed. It's that simple.

I guess entire posts will have to be deleted before people wise up and learn how to talk without cussing.

In case you've missed the point I'm making, when you make a post with cussing in it, regardless of you use Cuss**g, or "C" or just spell it out, I'm going to start deleting the entire post.

Please, stop the cussing. It's pointless. It's rude. It's impolite.

Thanks to everyone for your help in making this a really cool place for everyone to hang out.

Stoney.

sumtimes it sounds almost "poetic". I'm trying to get it out of my system. My mom used to hit me when i cuss but these last 2 years she hasnt stopped me no more. My grandfather cusses, has been sent to prison, shared a cell with my father at one point, has done everything and more this site talks about, and his teenage manager at McDonald's. Its your rule, your site, I'll abide just on that but I think that foul language is the least of your worries if your on a site about illegal drugs and importing. the law would have no problem arresting the grandmas you said were reading.

but like i said its your site man. its your call always. I was a sailor but still..

I appreciate you looking out for the ladies Stoney. :)

I don't cuss much anymore, I've learned to watch my mouth since I have little kids. But on occassion one does slip out. I'll do my best to refrain here.

We are all adults here, and I hope we won't get banished for an occassional slip. :D

The only thing it has anything to do with as a rule is regular old fashioned politeness.

If you're in a room with a bunch of guys who you *know* don't mind cussing, then fine, cuss like crazy.

But if you're in a room of women and men who you've never met, and don't have any idea how they feel about cussing, then it's polite to *not* cuss.

Everyone knows this. Every culture, every country, they all have rules of politeness that govern how people talk to each other.

I want everyone to be as comfortable as possible while they're here on MarP's site, and part of that is preventing insult to anyone if possible.

No one likes to be insulted. A lot of people consider cussing to be insulting.

Hey, with me, it's no problem. I cuss when it's appropriate to do so, but here in the public forums, it's just not cool.

Thanks for understanding.

I think it's a stupid rule, but then again this isn't my site...

I can think of about 100 reason 's why i like to cuss...... my favorite word is the F word.. but if this site don't permit it then i try my best to refrain..I would rather play nice and be allowed to play then be kicked off the playground over some rule )just MO.........

play nice people

SmokinMom said:
We are all adults here, and I hope we won't get banished for an occasional slip. :D
No one has ever been banned from this site for cussing. We just want everyone to be polite. It's that easy.

The occasional slip will be handled according to how occasional it is. hehe.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
I think it's a stupid rule, but then again this isn't my site...

I can think of about 100 reason 's why i like to cuss...... my favorite word is the F word.. but if this site don't permit it then i try my best to refrain..I would rather play nice and be allowed to play then be kicked off the playground over some rule )just MO.........

play nice people
Agreed! I don't think cussing is looked down upon by to many people these days. I think an older white collar female thats prissy may have a prob. with it but.... I also think cussing gets points across and somewhere in this post I read that there was no point in cussing?
I to respect the site and the authority here but have to share my thoughts. 55

55DAYZNCOUNTIN said:
Agreed! I don't think cussing is looked down upon by to many people these days. I think an older white collar female thats prissy may have a prob. with it but.... I also think cussing gets points across and somewhere in this post I read that there was no point in cussing?
I to respect the site and the authority here but have to share my thoughts. 55
I agree...i've seen mods cussing on here before. I don't think it's that big of a deal though I do understand Stoney about being polite. Everyone knows that some forums have rules, too...and this happens to be one of them. I just think some can get away with it and others can't. I don't like the rule but this isn't my site, i'm just a visitor:D.

I like the no cussing rule.But I mean..can't you atleast allow the "WT*"s?lol

I approve of the rule, it improves the already friendly atmosphere this place has. :aok:

Now if only we could all try to spell words correctly too.. but maybe that's asking too much. :D ;)

Stoney always workin hard :)

thats a very good idea bytheway

I only read the first post... I'm not sure if I have ever used the "***" phrase before, but have any of you seen this?

I say "*** Mate?" all the time just as a joke. Very funny. Anyways, words are tabooed for a reason. That is all. No cussing allows this place to look a little more classy. Like on a level of it's own.

The fact that anyone affiliated with a site such as this " a Marijuana Site " would want to ban anything is sort of beyond me . Almost sounds hipocritical . Is our goal not to legalize marijuana , and stop the banning of the drug . This site supports the "cause" i'm sure , the growing and using of marijuana which is illegal most places . ,and the fact that most stoners have thier own free opinions , banning is not the answer . WE ARE TYPING HERE , it just doesnt SLIP out like when you speak , but you may want to stress a point , how could what you are reading offend you . you dont really know who said it . ITS JUST WORDS . Move on to newer better things STONEY . FIGHT CENSORSHIP !!!:bugger:

This site rocks !!!!

Just stating my opinion

You guy's are being silly. I explained it.

Comparing me to Hitler...

Nice.

i mean come on guys why do you have to cuss it just makes you look stupid and illterate or how ever you spell that and like stoney said you wouldnt cuss in front of you grand parents so dont do it hear its as simple as that just my 2 cents peace

DLtoker said:
I only read the first post... I'm not sure if I have ever used the "***" phrase before, but have any of you seen this?

I say "*** Mate?" all the time just as a joke. Very funny. Anyways, words are tabooed for a reason. That is all. No cussing allows this place to look a little more classy. Like on a level of it's own.

kinda stupid but really funny to lol

I have seen a few posts here full of profanity. I can understand a bad word here or there, but it's really not needed several times in every single sentence. Who ever said that having the no profanity rule makes the site more classy hit the nail on the head. I agree 100%. Gonna go add to his reputation right now. ;)

Stony: So I just want to make sure I got it clear!! The site is not for minors, its for adults. The site is a forum full of illegal activity, the forum is is a learning guide to encourage behavoirs not deemed leagal by federal law, You are in AMERICA where freedom of speech is still a freedom... YOU are tripping out and whining over the anitials...W.T.F???? I personaly think that in and with in its self has gone too far!! Come on now...."W.T.F"??? I can see the point of no cussing and I agree but W.T.F. is not cussing...it's an lol, brb, c u ltr, u2 etc.....Go smoke a bowl and think about it bro....Are you realy going to enforce the "W.T.F.??????

Stoney Bud said:
You guy's are being silly. I explained it.

Comparing me to Hitler...

Nice.
LOL!!!! That is just a lil extreme!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back