Use of foul language on this site.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has really made me sad. :( I can understand frusterations on both sides, but insulting anyone isn't going to get us anywhere.

I would also hate to see anyone leave. This site rocks, and maybe it is because we behave pretty well here. I lurked on another MJ board, and the way they were, I wondered if it was just a bunch of teens or something. It really messed with the tone of the forum. Luckily I found MP! What an amazing wealth of info here.

I can easily follow Stoney's request. I respect him. Cuss words aren't real important in my life, but marijuana is. :)

That is perhaps the longest piece of rubbish ever written, in my opinion, GrewUp To ScrewUp :D

I'm not sure if you guys are getting it or not. Ok yes i have been known to use foul language on the site in the past. We have decided as a group MP included that it would be better for the site if we didn't swear anymore. Come on guys is it that hard? This is Marijuana Passions site paid for by him and only him do you guys get it? If not don't let the door hit ya in the ???????

Well, I guess we all see who can handle having to be polite and who can't.

There is no debate about it.

MarP owns this site and has put foul language auto censoring in place because that's the way HE WANTS TO RUN HIS SITE.

I suggest that if you are one of the people who like to insult and cuss, that you just go to a site where that's allowed.

** doesn't mean "Baloney Slice". The second word of it is one that the owner of this site has decided is not to be used here. When you say ** or ***, you're simply initializing the very words that are not to be used. That doesn't eliminate the cussing, it just makes it shorter.

Anyone who can't understand this isn't very bright.

That's the rules people. I didn't make them, but I do enforce them. If you don't like the rules, then leave. We'll sure try to do without your help. We aren't going to change the rules here to suit someone because they happen to help someone also. Obey the rules here. It's not a suggestion or a request. It's the way it's going to be until MarP changes the rules.

As for the personal insults to me; what a waste of breath. I'm 73 years old. I've heard em all. Pretty stupid to try to slam a guy who can delete your posts.

Get used to the idea of no cussing. I tried to explain it to all of you so that you would understand when I deleted one of your posts because of cussing. I didn't have to explain anything. I was doing so to inform you of the reasons it's being done.

Some of the more radical posts were amusing.

Let's all get back to what's important. Posting to each other about Marijuana.

This thread is the last one I'll leave the initials for cussing in.

No doubt in that, is there?

But in theory since he is requesting and not ordering there is room to debate him. I understand his gripes and have better understanding of him due to a private discussion. Hes not a prude or a square. I want to know specifically what this is about. he cussing your talking about I couldnt see going on in the plant sections. In the social sections yea. Maybe the cussing from the plant sections should be blocked? If you cant listen you lose your right to those forums or one of the subforums you keep cussing in. Maybe there should be a limit or "curse quota" in the social section? they can prove a point. cursing is to replace violence, acronyms are to replace curse words. They show feeling. They are worded emotions.

If you can't respect the mans wishes enough while it is still a suggestion and leave the energy to debate for something more fulfilling before it turns from a simple request to a stone cold rule then that is sad.

Again, Stoney is being polite, because he is a polite person. He has, once again, opted to make a small request instead of saying "you all aren't mature enough to act like intelligent people, I guess I will just have to set more rules and guidelines because you all can't respect each other enough to do it on your own".

He has a valid point. Some people do not like to hear or see or read swears. Some do, but that is not the case. Stoney is showing respect to all people, not just the majority. So instead of handing out bans and suspensions for swearing he is not only allowing people to rectify the situation before it gets out of hand, but he is also showing the people who do not like swear words that they are respected as well.

I think this subject has gotten all the air it needs. I've asked all of the members to be polite and not use the cussing that isn't allowed on this site. I've asked that you not use any methods to get around the language filters.

The reason I asked was to let those who didn't know already. I wasn't asking if anyone liked it or not. It's the rules here.

For those of you that are willing to abide by the rules that MarP has placed on the site, thank you.

For those who don't want to obey the rules here, I suggest that you go to another site that is more suited to what you want to do. No hard feelings, but we aren't going to change this site. It's working very well as it is.

Thanks for the time all of you spent answering this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back