Want to use CO2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kashad

Reaction score
Hey Family, I would luv to introduce my Babies to CO2, my problem is I hav no clue on how to do this. I askin 4 ur help Family. Could u guys tell me how I could go about getting this process goin. Remember I've never worked with CO2. Thanks Family. Much Luv & Respect.

Your room needs to meet certain criteria for you to use CO2. Tell us a little about your grow space--size, lighting, ventilation...

Sugar water yeast. 1 milk jug (CLEANED) 3/4 or so gallon, 1 pound, 1 packet shake it up. Poke a hole in the lid. Stuff a piece of vacuum tube into the lid (or a T for 2 tubes.) I use a 5 gallon jug with 4 gallons water, 4 pounds of sugar and 4 packets of yeast. I run 6 tubes..1 to each plant (as of today) I have an osculating fan that was distributing the co2. I had to move it every day. I actually found that the plant closest to the fan was growing like a mofo. And the rest were not. So I went to NAPA auto parts and bought a 6 way vacuum fitting and 20 feet of tube.

This is WAY cheaper than CO2 boost I use that in another room.. I bought enough sugar and yeast to last me through flowering for 50 bucks!!! I also have an air pump that constantly pumps oxygen into the container.
The only thing I can stress is put the gallon jugs on a shelf!@!@!!! if you knock it over this could result in lots O ants!!! VERY cheap!. with 1 gallon I was getting an average of 400ppm in a 7x10x7 room. (keep in mind I have a 1850 cfm fan that is exhaust and cooling for my light. The 5 gallon jug gives me 1000ppm.

Soundfs good, but why not just get a tank and reg. You can find tanks all over the place for pretty cheap and a reg is only $150...

I was interested in the tank. I called air gas, the guy on the phone said "Why do you need a tank of CO2?" In an incriminating voice. Then I got all paranoid because I just got stoned at the hydro store. I could have said Kegarator.. Or soda for a bar, but in that instant I remembered what CO2 tanks looked like at resturaunts and how different they looked from this tank in front of me..
I just get really paranoid...

Megatron said:
I was interested in the tank. I called air gas, the guy on the phone said "Why do you need a tank of CO2?" In an incriminating voice. Then I got all paranoid because I just got stoned at the hydro store. I could have said Kegarator.. Or soda for a bar, but in that instant I remembered what CO2 tanks looked like at resturaunts and how different they looked from this tank in front of me..
I just get really paranoid...

Just tell them you play paintball and you want to fill your own tanks. He really should just mind his own business though.

he shouldnt be asking you that I went and filled mine at an air gas spot no questions just buisiness as usual...

I would like to fly to the moon could you please tell me how to do this?

Thanks Fam on the great ideas. My room size is 10wx11Lx10h. My lights are, ((6) 600 HPS drop down no hood, Two oc fan, exhaust fan timed every 15 mins while lit. Central air. I am very interseted in makin this room as efficient as possible, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

gcarlin_818 said:
he shouldnt be asking you that I went and filled mine at an air gas spot no questions just buisiness as usual...

and thats how it should be always, so many nosey people out there

Kashad said:
Thanks Fam on the great ideas. My room size is 10wx11Lx10h. My lights are, ((6) 600 HPS drop down no hood, Two oc fan, exhaust fan timed every 15 mins while lit. Central air. I am very interseted in makin this room as efficient as possible, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Your room sounds big enough. Your entire room needs, or should be, reflective. This means you might want to get a reflective hood or whatever they're called over your lights so there is no wasted light, but if your lights hang down in between plants than dont mind. Your walls should covered with reflective plastic or whatever else you can find that may be cheaper (definetely look into this). You fan is fine. But yeah your room should always be reflective, vented somehow, and very very clean so no mold or diseases can harm your girls. Good luck man.

next time he asks you why you need it say "mind yours" get a Co2 tank.. a reg... get a Co2 meeter... the only cheep ones i can find are the lil syringe type.. never used um but they look like they work i guess..... cut on the co2 in your grow room.. test the air every so often till you get it at the ppm you want it to be then cut it off... time how long the co2 had to be on to get your room to the proper ppm... now you know... 2 or 3 times a day cut your co2 on for that amount of time.. simple and easy Co2... the tank and reg are gonna cost a lil bit when you first buy them but to refill a co2 tank is cheap so its better to just make that investment from the get go... DIY Co2 is stupid and pretty much a waste of time IMO

oh yea... shoot for 1500 ppm
bump the temps up to 80 - 85
and its said U need a extra 30w of lite per sqft
average Co2 in the air is 300ppm

hope this helps

Thanks very much Family. I'll work on these ideas. will give a report w some pics.

Tater said:
I would like to fly to the moon could you please tell me how to do this?
Wilzyak, is that you lolololol

i use an old coca-cola tank i found in a dumpster and i fill it with dry ice bought from a party supply store

Another method to get CO2 to your plant is to buy a spray bottle and some jugs of Sparkling Water (ie carbonated water), and spray the stuff on your plants. They'll take the CO2 from the water through their leaves. I learned this from a "I Grow Chronic" video. I've been doing for a week and my plants seem to like it. Just make sure you buy the kind of Sparkling Water whose only ingredient is carbonated water. At first I bought the kind that also has sugar in it, and it left all the sugar residue on the leaves for a while. No harm done, but I still felt pretty dumb. :eek:

I was told that you can use carbonated water that did not contain salt?.. Never heard about sugars.

Latest posts

Back