well i did it !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budculese

Reaction score
got my taxes back today and i did something i've wanted to do since i smoked my first joint when i was 15 yrs (52 now) i bought a 250w hps and 2 150w cfl's (total 4,988 lums per sq ft.)for my brand spanking new closet (3x3)grow! (thinking about getting a 150 hps to add though)i'm so freeking giddy i could crap my pants! my daughters are grown up and out so it's just me now and it's time to do it. i'm defiantly going with aurora indica (seems like a good choice for 1st time grower)and since it's a "low"plant i'm going to get 1 other kind for craps and giggles. i do want to thank the great people here for there advise and patience with me if not for you all i would have gone down in flames God Bless you all!i'm off now to find a 2nd bean i'll let you know what i get take care and sleep well! and again thank you !

a 400 watt would have been better

What do you mean by a low plant? AI still has a pretty good stretch in her:aok:

But anyways......Good luck on your grow and keep her green

budculese said:
got my taxes back today and i did something i've wanted to do since i smoked my first joint when i was 15 yrs (52 now) i bought a 250w hps and 2 150w cfl's (total 4,988 lums per sq ft.)for my brand spanking new closet (3x3)grow! (thinking about getting a 150 hps to add though)i'm so freeking giddy i could crap my pants! my daughters are grown up and out so it's just me now and it's time to do it. i'm defiantly going with aurora indica (seems like a good choice for 1st time grower)and since it's a "low"plant i'm going to get 1 other kind for craps and giggles. i do want to thank the great people here for there advise and patience with me if not for you all i would have gone down in flames God Bless you all!i'm off now to find a 2nd bean i'll let you know what i get take care and sleep well! and again thank you !

When it comes to buying a light it is like a woman getting implants...go a size or two bigger then your first instinct...you are going to want a bigger cup size once you get your feet wet...I bought a 400w my first time...only to buy a 600w not that long after...

pcduck said:
a 400 watt would have been better

What do you mean by a low plant? AI still has a pretty good stretch in her:aok:

But anyways......Good luck on your grow and keep her green
i was informed "low"ment 3ft or less on this sight

budculese said:
i was informed "low"ment 3ft or less on this sight

Yep but it can get taller if you allow it to. Most plants can double in size when you start the flower cycle. 18/6 to 12/12 A good thing to keep in mind is that when to start the flower cycle and your plant is say 24'' she could double in size 48'' or even more. Depends on temp, lums, etc... lots of things play a role in height :)

If I where you sence your you, I would try to take back that 250 light and get a 400w. You said your grow room is 3x3 A 400w is perfect and take back the 150 cfl's as well dont need them if you get a 400w HID. If you can get a switchable ballest/HID light because you should use a MH for veg and HPS for flower ;)

But here is another this if you get a HID light, they but off A LOT of heat so you need GOOD air flow. If I where you get a HID that had a conected ducked port to your hood :) Wish I would of got one like that for my first light :) A good website I get ALL my stuff is fast, cheap and good stuff. I have spent over 1k there and have always been on time or faster then what they said it would :) check it out!

Latest posts

Back