well i grew these last year as f1s the f2s are totaly different

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pothead420

Delta-9
Reaction score
purple pineberryxpurps f1s great nice bushs about 5-6 feet tall with lots of side shoots and a couple were single stalk and a bit taller but most phenos were bushy i grew those outdoors last year and this year he gives me the f2s of the same strain but its growing like a whole other strain i dont know if he accidentaly mislabled them or what but know there all sigle stalk monsters about 10-11 ft. in hight i hope the stop upward growth soon or i might just top them or snap some necks here are the pics a little while back im 6'1" and there taller than me in this pic know there even bigger by another 2-3 ft.
HPIM0856.JPG

HPIM0849.JPG

F1's are always more vigerous and show more positive traits then the F2's. I believe you must find the same pheno and back breed it again to start stabilizing the strain. You can not just cross any F1 with another, it has to be selective to get the desired traits to sho in the next gen.

Pothead420 said:
purple pineberryxpurps f1s great nice bushs about 5-6 feet tall with lots of side shoots and a couple were single stalk and a bit taller but most phenos were bushy i grew those outdoors last year and this year he gives me the f2s of the same strain but its growing like a whole other strain i dont know if he accidentaly mislabled them or what but know there all sigle stalk monsters about 10-11 ft. in hight i hope the stop upward growth soon or i might just top them or snap some necks here are the pics a little while back im 6'1" and there taller than me in this pic know there even bigger by another 2-3 ft.

HI, those look great!!! You're still in veg? You could supercrop them (bending the tops but not breaking them) and do little as far as harm and plant self-repair time, plus more colas fighting for the top! Good luck and awesome plants! :p

The New Girl said:
HI, those look great!!! You're still in veg? You could supercrop them (bending the tops but not breaking them) and do little as far as harm and plant self-repair time, plus more colas fighting for the top! Good luck and awesome plants! :p

I agree with you there New Girl

(OD101) those are 6 gallaon pots with canadian pro-mix with bat and seabird guanos, worm castins, cottonsead meal, blood meal, soil sweetner(lime) and bio tone benificial bacterias they love it i was out there this morning and a few must be 10-12 ft. tall:eek:

(buddylove) i know all about stabilizing strains these were crossed by a friend who doesnt have the experiance i got. so he's not up on selective breeding all i know is he made a short bushy plant that is perfect for my needs into a single stock monster i want to top them this late because they seem to keep growing up almaost to big im hoping they have time to flower im in a northern climate so they have to finish in 8-9 weeks flowering i might just supercrop them to bush them out a little

bznuts, the new girl, and karmacat thanks for stoping in and checking out my ladies your right on with the supercroping i was thinking the same thing i call it snaping there necks i did it to a couple early in growth and there about 7 ft. bushes thats what i wanted not 12 foot monsters im 6'1" and if i reach up theres still 3-4 ft. above me i just hope they in time;)

Im jealous... i cant find any purple seeds in this red neck state.. they are pretty babies!! purps are longer veg time but a great yeild...let usw know

city said:
Im jealous... i cant find any purple seeds in this red neck state.. they are pretty babies!! purps are longer veg time but a great yeild...let usw know
the whole purple thing is a big hype but ive smoked lots of purle strains and i havent come across one that was worth remembering unlike the new york city diesel i wont forget that:eek: wow knock out the best purple strains are medium grade at best its only a color but the rappers made it sound like gold so everyone thinks purple= killer far from it ;)
only half these plants usualy turn purple last year anyway who knows what my buddy did when crossing them they realy look like a totaly different plant

had no idea about the rappers crappy purple. i loved Purple Kush in the 90's but finding it is impossible. Im looking for Purple wreck. tried it and it seems the closest to the purple kush

city said:
had no idea about the rappers crappy purple. i loved Purple Kush in the 90's but finding it is impossible. Im looking for Purple wreck. tried it and it seems the closest to the purple kush
the doc carrys purple wreck not sure of the breeder but there one of the most ordered strains from the doc:hubba:
i got Purple Widow from deshaman seeds from the doc i hope thats a potent purple

yea here out west the purps is what they want

i love the grandaddy and the urkle, but most of it is jus the hype, like stated above, by rappers and such..

so tell me i grew up knowing it as Purple Kush. this was back in the mid 90's. was it actually Purple Urkle? i know thats been around for a while. i know that with all the ssame sounding names on plants that its hard to tell what your getting. had anyone heard of the name back then?

city said:
so tell me i grew up knowing it as Purple Kush. this was back in the mid 90's. was it actually Purple Urkle? i know thats been around for a while. i know that with all the ssame sounding names on plants that its hard to tell what your getting. had anyone heard of the name back then?
as stated in the big book of buds #3 Grandaddy Grape Ape thats been growing in the hills of northern cali for two decades also goes by a few other names
including Grape Ape, Purple Urkel, and Grandaddy Purple and im sure it has a few more
so you were probly smoking Grandaddy Grape Ape one of the more popular
Cali Purple strains ;)

Wow...

Can I come over?

Do you have any information on the Purple Pineberry strain? I've never heard of it, and after seeing your monsters i'm quite interested.

its a canadian strain northern west coast DR. CHRONIC has them im not sure of the seed company i think its great white north but my buddy crossed
Purple Pineberry x Purps f1s i grew those last year they were 75% 6-7ft. bushes 25% tall medium side shoots. 50% purple he crossed them again making f2s thats what im supposed to be growing but there monsters 12-13 ft. grow totaly different and i cant see that big a change in 1 generation i think there something else mislabeled he's a Purple man so everything has Ps in it and he's so burnt he realy dont know

Ohhh hello long lost strain, :)! My electrician friend introduced me into some very nice Purple Pineberry one time on Van Island!

Latest posts

Back