What contributes to harshness?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imager777

Reaction score
The Ice I had was harsher than the White Widow, which was harsher than the Thai x Skunk. So I'm sure the strain has alot to do with it. How long it's been cured I'm sure has something to do with it as well. However, I've smoked different selections from the same plant and some have been harsher. Does it have anything to do with the amount of leaf left in, how dry it actually is, or aything else? What are the things that contribute to harshness, so I can tailor my stash to me and my friends' taste? Believe it or not; I know some people that kind of like a little punch to their smoke. As for me, the smoother the better. However, I still enjoy a fresh uncured taste, for the most part.

I'm sure strain has a whole lot to do with how smooth the smoke is. A proper cure is also essential to a good smooth smoke. I believe the amount of leaf left on the buds after their trim is also a contributing factor to the harshness and how it burns. I think if you let the buds cure for a good period of time, you will end up with some great tasting pot. A good six week cure will do it the trick. Just my thoughts. Take care.

What contributes to harshness?
These things will contribute to harshness,1: having a coarse uneven surface that is rough or unpleasant to the touch2 a: causing a disagreeable or painful sensory reaction : irritating b: physically discomforting : painful3: unduly exacting : severe4: lacking in aesthetic appeal or refinement : crude
Hope this helps.Keep it GREEN:D

Yo Ho berserker,
Hey that sounds like it's describing a fall on some asphalt, LOL I have heard lots of things said that will mellow your smoke, but the only one that I am aware of is in your cure and then the ageing.
GREAT QUESTION, and deserving a great answer. Maybe we can get the Sultans of smoke, the real premiers of growing to answer this for us. I have to conceed that I have had some rough before, as well as some smooth and sweet.
So how about it guys ? what's the deal here, how do you make it smooth, so we can say, "Can't touch this", Da na na na:guitar::fid:

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Ive found if I left it dry to long before I cure it never comes out as smooth.

The longer the cure, the smoother the smoke. But curing isn't drying. Overdried is harsher.
Greater amounts of resin (which does not equate to potency)
Leafiness

Doesnt sound like cure... Make sure you know what your putting in your MJ my hydroponic smokers know what i mean. Soil is gonna have more of soiled base taste no matter how much you cure it and if your using fertilized soil like Miracle Grow non organic i bet your gettin some pretty harsh stuff ;)

Latest posts

Back