What is you male/female ratio for different strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzydiodude

Reaction score
I am starting seeds for a couple tester and was wondering if any of you keep track of the male to female ratio?

If you are planning to start more than 6 seeds of any strain please post your male to female results?

Also post the way you germinated the seeds.

thanks all:48:

ozzydiodude said:
I am starting seeds for a couple tester and was wondering if any of you keep track of the male to female ratio?

If you are planning to start more than 6 seeds of any strain please post your male to female results?

Also post the way you germinated the seeds.

thanks all:48:
i germed 16 seeds, 4 of each strain...vortex, bb jam, ak47xc99,blue apollo. 13 seds made it paper towel method...still waiting for sex. Loola

Im germing 12 seeds. And yes I keep track of male/female ratio on my packs from breeders..and honest sometimes the free testers have a higher female ratio..is this what ya meen? Ill post my results here if you would like. Im gonna put 12 seeds in paper towel tonight. would this be my grow log or should I do one on side. This looks very interesting.

Burn start your own grow log and lets try to keep this thread for male/female ratios of the different strains.

I would like to see results on all strains that are or will be available to all after the test runs of strains are done.

I have noticed that tester do seam to have a higher female to male rate.

Have only had two males since i started growing.

Reactions: D3
My last grow I had 2 males out of 10. Dont know on this grow, yet.:D

There is a thread that tells how to increase the # of female seeds, by subcool IIRC, by environmental factors. Temps and hrs of light IIRC.

I'll try and find it because I want to do just the opposite, make males.:holysheep:

Like a maroon I didn't try and save pollen from the 1 male out of 3 plants and 1 of the females, of course, turned out to be really special.:hubba:

I did manage to salvage a tiny bit of pollen, but only enough to produce 7 seeds.

Really need at least ONE male out of this batch.:D :D

EDIT: It is a sticky in the PROPAGATION sub forum.
But, the one I remember got a little more specific as far as the temps and hours of light and such.

DD

DD What I am wanting to find out is how many males and females a person get from the strain they are growing when they pop more than 6 seeds with their way of germinating. I have read all the different threads on propagation. What I would like to see is results that everyone is getting from the different Breeders/Pollen Chuckers that are making seeds.

OK, now I see what you are shooting for.

Should make an interesting thread, or at least give some trends.

DD

Less than 6 but noteworthy, I tried to germ 5 Nirvana femmenized Papaya and only 2 popped. They both turned out male. :(

I'm still trying out my first seed purchase from marijuana-seeds.nl over a year ago.

Thc Bomb- 1 male: 3 females (one of which seems auto!?)
top 44- 1 female: 1 male : 2 male hermies
Afghan- 1 female : 1 runty unknown
Early Misty- 1 female (which hermied late in flower)
SSH- 1 male (pollen collected and given to top44)

this year I ordered from attitude and am very excited after my last disappointing year.
Paradice: 1 ice cream fem, Tga: 2 Apollo 13 x Vortex. Still just babies.

typ. 50/50 with a sway of 5-10% max split on everything except durban poison i got it was mainly males. creeps me out when I don't get a mix of male and female.
Wet paper towel till pop then to soil mix.
ummm...I don't feel like listing them all LOL.

Last year I got 8 males out of one 10 pack. Sometimes you just get screwed and theres nothing you can do. The time that I got 8 males was when I had my closet dialed into ideal conditions. I would guess that I usually get about 70% females other than that incident.

the list would be too long. my best percentage of females have been with sannie, elite genetics, and sonic. My worst have been British Hempire, and subby. Everybody else about 50/50.

no ** frankly im praying for males and i cant seem to get them always females. i know im good with the ladies but damn gimmie a male

Started badly with GHS packs which produced only 1 plant which was straight up male. Since then, not a problem...but not been at this very long lmao

ok the grow before this one i started 10 kush seeds and got 1 male. this time i started 6 RRF seeds and got 1 female. you win some you lose some i guess

Latest posts

Back