What Make a Plant Not grow.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok this is a Purple Power and it is the same age as my N.L. Girls and this girl has always been this short and has Stopped growing a alittle over month ago and I am Not for sure why..
She get the same amount of water and food, but the watering isn't like the other girls and I am about ready to Pull this out and call it a Dud.:confused:

4-8 003.jpg

4-8 002.jpg

Hi friend you know how tis goes. You've benn in a few post. So lets say everyone here wants to help, and i'm dying to help. So we all need, all of the general info. As much detail as possible. Light,enviroment,medium(premix)(store brought), water,nutes,ventilation,etc.. kool.friends:hubba:

Ditto....
Only thing I can say now is that two different plants are going to need and grow in two different ways.
You can't expect what works for one will work for the other or that they will both veg the same, preflower the same, and bloom at the same time.
Without any information, and you haven't given a bit here friend, there isn't much else to say...
Get back to us

warlockHi friend you know how tis goes. You've benn in a few post. So lets say everyone here wants to help, and i'm dying to help. So we all need, all of the general info. As much detail as possible. Light,enviroment,medium(premix)(store brought), water,nutes,ventilation,etc.. kool.friends:hubba:
Ops
6x7x8h
Potting soil store bought
Light is 400 watt Hps
Water is tap and 6.8 with a touch of Lemon Juice to low Ph
F.F. as dircted
Vent is ok..
Fan Blowing

DirtySouthernAfficionadoDitto....
Only thing I can say now is that two different plants are going to need and grow in two different ways.
You can't expect what works for one will work for the other or that they will both veg the same, preflower the same, and bloom at the same time.
Without any information, and you haven't given a bit here friend, there isn't much else to say...
Get back to us

So ur saying that if I am going to grow a strain make sure there all the same.?
I never thought they would all flower at the same time nor do I think the Buds will all be ready when it time to harvest.. top bud verse the bottom buds mm top is more ready then the bottom..

How long they been in flower? Something dont look right withem.
42sf of grow area??? and only one 400 watt? That is not near enough light for that size grow area unless those are the only two plants you have,,is it the only two?
Tap water is not good for those plants. Tap water needs to set to remove the Clorine before using it.
So ur saying that if I am going to grow a strain make sure there all the same
No,,what he is saying,,,is that different strains need different care and nutes. So ya have to keep that in mind. I have a Strain that stops dead in its tracks at 30" no matter what ya feed it.:D
Like someone said,,I would flush and watch.

CowboyBudsky said:
How long they been in flower? Something dont look right withem.
42sf of grow area??? and only one 400 watt? That is not near enough light for that size grow area unless those are the only two plants you have,,is it the only two?
Tap water is not good for those plants. Tap water needs to set to remove the Clorine before using it.

No,,what he is saying,,,is that different strains need different care and nutes. So ya have to keep that in mind. I have a Strain that stops dead in its tracks at 30" no matter what ya feed it.:D
Like someone said,,I would flush and watch.

As for the light was for my 4x4 space at first til the Box grew over night and this is what I got to work with for now and there only 5 plants under the hood and my hood is 3x3 with a flange down ward of 12 inches. Home made all Alum and need to shing the inside some more. I'll get some pix of it later..

Tap water always set for 48 hour before adding any feed and ph minus.

Some strians will want more nutes some strians will not want as much nutes. Each strain has it's own style of growing.

5000 lumens PSF of grow AREA minimum for Flowering,,anything less and your Buds will suffer.

Did you up the nutes when you started 12/12? Lemon juice will bring the pH down but only for a little while. You will end up putting so much in, that the sugar level from the lemons will go up too high & might cause a nute lockdown. I think you need to flush the dirt real good. Get some pH down. Later Man.

One strain could be using more water than the other, could be a spot in the soil that isn't getting water(to cure that prob. try adding one drop of dish washing liquid soap to your water), or could be that one strain eats up all of those nutes while the other doesn't. A good flush should cure what ails her. Give her that flush, then water once, then add nutes at half strength and build up the nute strength from there. If you think she's dying anyway, it is time for a bit of experimentation, to see if you can get her to recover.

Peace...j.b.

The first thing I did notice is that you said is that you use tap water.Unfortunately common tap water caotains high levels of Soium,Calcium,Alkaline salts,sulfer,chlorine and floride.The ph range which is acceptable is 6.5-7.High levels of Chlorine stunt growth(above140 ppm).Chlorine will also acidify soil.So lemon juice is a bad idea and may cause even more damage as i have learned.Now water that is highlysaline will cause the uptake of potassium,calcium,and magnesium to be blocked. Signs of over watering will make your leaves curl down and yellow. Water logged soil will slow growth.Poor drainage causes soggy soil and drowns roots. Now i'm no expert and this is just my 2 cents. Me personally i would maybe think i drowned it in tap water and locked it up and it is slowly on it's way. Choices:Immese flush with distilled water(whole pot) and let drain(medium now may be bad).Take a ph test on run off and a ec or ppm test if you can.Undisloved salts,and nute-burn,and over watering with tap water. Readings are everything with store brought soil. Next choice replant(shocking)This can be tricky during flowering. Me i would maybe try soil for Mary Jane and a larger pot and not to disturb old soil to much and go with distilled water. You can never have too much control with plants.total is better. Anyway I hope this helps. Long winded I know sorry.:hubba: :lama:

It been into flowering for about 5 weeks I believe, and to flush i am going to tomarrow morning and give the plant ONE Week or Else, it just wasting space to me..
Maybe I will transplant it and see what happens..

Wow... I come back and my answer has been discussed throughly...
I love watching these things evolve.
Cowboy was partailly right... what I'm saying is that different strains have different needs. Sure, grow multiple strains. But I would have one strain in one area together and one together in another area. Same with res if you were doing hydro. The idea is to identify what your strain needs and to meet that need.
I grew Blueberry and Mazaar at one time before... many, many years ago... so forgive me, the details aren't all there anymore. Point is, BB is sensitive. It needed light nutes, real gentle, and it was extremely finisky to enviroment. BB doesn't just turn blue, it requires a higher humidity.(kinda foggy on that one) :bong2:
Adverse, Mazaar was happy in general temps and RH, and was average to above average nute %.
If I feed the Mazaar the same thing I feed the BB, the Mazaar is cheated, and doesn't meet its potential.
If I feed the BB the same as the Mazaar, well, I would have over-ferted and without quickly fixing the problem.. a dead BB plant.
The other part Cowboy missed was that I was also pushing a single strain grow. Much easier to maintain and keep up with. And yes, if done correctly, a grow of one strain all started and the same time can and will grow, mature, flower, and mature to harvest all within an extremely close proximity.
So ur saying that if I am going to grow a strain make sure there all the same.?
I never thought they would all flower at the same time nor do I think the Buds will all be ready when it time to harvest.. top bud verse the bottom buds mm top is more ready then the bottom..
The strain has nothing to do with the readiness of the top versus the bottom buds.... that is all indicitive of your light setup. I run a Scrog at the moment... there is no bottom or top.... it's all top. :hubba:
Anyways, I hope this has been of some help.
Good luck and good smoke

Looks like you may have overwatered and over nuted to me. Just give it a good flush and start from there. Is she one of the plants that you let go for 3 weeks without having to water? If so then I would think thats your problem. Not letting soil dry out. If roots lay in soggy soil it will stunt their growth. Not all plants grow the same some need more or less water and nutes. And as far as the lemon juice goes it only last for about 12 to 24 hours as a buffer for your PH (so I've read). You should go get some PH up or down, it will be more stabil if you use it. If you do repot it in new soil you'll want to be very careful not to damage any roots. If it's in a plastic pot then just cut the old pot off carefully. But from my experience it is not wise to repot after in flowering it will stress and cause hermies. Hope you can get her to recover like you did the others...take care..

Latest posts

Back