What the heck??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marrymirror1

Reaction score
I heard from a trusted friend that if you live in an apartment they can monitor all internet activity, and that's one way they bust apartment occupants who grow pot. If they see that a tenant is looking at mj sites or getting advise on how to grow mj they can bust them. Is that true?

marrymirror1 said:
I heard from a trusted friend that if you live in an apartment they can monitor all internet activity, and that's one way they bust apartment occupants who grow pot. If they see that a tenant is looking at mj sites or getting advise on how to grow mj they can bust them. Is that true?

No. It's pure baloney. Someone has to be on your PC to view your history.

besides, if that were true it would ALL apply to everyone that is on the internet. That would be a SEVERE infringment upon our privacy laws.
Now I'm not sure on College servers tho, where students obtain internet free through the services of the school and a network is involved. I know on company servers/workstation environments they can monitor your activity.

yeah each modem will be different, mine is a dsl modem and uses a different ip addy every time it signs in. i have tried tracking my own IP address and it comes up as unknown location, but does give the company name that owns the modem.

there are verious free progams that can help remove your tracks on the computer of where you have been on the internet. we have about 6 programs that we run daily to erase all trails.

A girlfriend of mine told me that she needed her dad's help carrying the grow station and then her dad asked her out in the hallway of her apartment, "What are you going to be growing in that thing?" "It's not going to give off an odor that your neighbors are going to raise cain about, is it?" He asked her this outloud!!! She hushed him and told him that she didn't want anyone knowing that she's growing anything in there and that she she intended to grow orchids in it. After she got outside she told her dad not to worry she wasn't going to grow anything illegal. Nobody was out in the hallway except her and her dad. She's worried about neighbors being able to hear him in the hallway through their doors though. She lives in a city. Do you think she'll get busted?

i think you need to smoke weed that makes you a little less parinoid :rofl:

I'll tell her that. She's drivin me up the wall! Actually she's not smoking any. Maybe she needs to.

ya on school campus' can track your history but im almost positive that apartments cant def if u have ur own modem... like i do... most ppl get caught because of increased traffic or "magazine salesmen"

I really think (hope) that the law has better things to do than try to bust people growing small amounts in thier homes. If your running less than 1000w per bedroom of your house or apt you should be safe not drawing unwanted attention to yourself from the electric co. The biggest thing is KEEPING YOUR MOUTH SHUT! Don't tell ANYONE. When I show up with fresh buds in feb, I tell my freinds that a cousin grew it. If you can imagine, you tell one person, they are going to tell at least 2 people and on and on; it doesn't take long to get around. Pay your bills on time, and don't bring any unwanted attention to yourself. Don't be screamin at the ol lady every other day etc, if your ol lady is screamin at you every other day, time to find a new ol lady! Paranoia will deystroy ya! Whenever I start getting myself paranoid I tell myself "your not that important...the whole world is not thinking about you, and what you are doing. Be smart, and be quiet this is supposed to be a fun hobby. I grew outdoors for years and I think it is more risky than doing it indoors. I will admit I did love the rush of going out at harvest time though! Indoors is really safe as long as you have thought everything out. The bottom line is we (most of us) are doing something illegal, no matter how unjust we think the laws are, it is illegal, and if you are going to step up and do it, you better be prepared to suffer the consequences if you get caught. If your not, then i suggest another hobby. I really honestly believe that this is safer than going out and trying to score a bag somewhere else though...as long as you follow a few simple guidlines.

lol...didn't even notice ozzy, just saw that it was recently posted to the coffee table, dang someone is bored to be digging up that old stuff....

he/she has been digging up the past for a week or so. this happens when a newb comes on board. ain't no thing... they will learn to start a new thread soon enough... they just need some direction...

hey Oz man.:ciao: :bong2: ...

Latest posts

Back