what to say / do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoNoXiDe

Reaction score
As everyone knows, this is my first indoor grow. My wife and I have a 6 year old daughter that is asking questions about the tent and why I have to put plants in the closet.

I knew this would come up, but I thought once the new wore off, she wouldn't ask anymore questions. Has anyone else been through the same thing and have some advise?

You put them in the closet cause they grow better there. Good luck. I didn't have to go thru that.

I just don't want her going to school. Daddy grows plants in his closet. lol

thats a hard one, since i live alone and have no kids so its not much of a problem to have a whole room that glows like the sun is trapped inside with a forrest of plants lol. although a good idea may be to move your setup if possible to a place like perhaps a room in the basement where your daughter doesnt go/isnt allowed. my buddy has a "work shop" in his basement and theres a "storage door" inside the "work shop" room, the "storage room" is his grow space so you gotta go into the basement, then into his shop then into the grow space, far less likely that his kids will go back there since its his shop with sharp and dangerious tool, hasnt had a problem yet since his kids know that the shop is off limits and is locked, as well the "storage room" is also locked. just an idea to try and keep yourself and family safe. remember with most everyone and especially kids, "Outta sight, outta mind" if they cant see it then they wont think about it. hope this is a plausable and helpful idea to consider... what ever you do, think about it, talk it over with your wife since im assuming/hoping she knows about the tent/plants and see what the best course of action is to curb your daughters intrest. i do though highly recommend something like i said above, remember "outta sight, outta mind"

IMO your foolish for letting young kids see them in the first place. Everyone know kids always brag about what their daddy does.

Just be carefull Little Brother if your not Legal,,they will throw your ace under the jail for growing around a small child. Thats why I am not growing right now,, because we are now taking care of our 3 yr old Grand Daughter.
Hell we dont even smoke unless She is gone for the day, or asleep.

sunakard2000 said:
thats a hard one, since i live alone and have no kids so its not much of a problem to have a whole room that glows like the sun is trapped inside with a forrest of plants lol. although a good idea may be to move your setup if possible to a place like perhaps a room in the basement where your daughter doesnt go/isnt allowed. my buddy has a "work shop" in his basement and theres a "storage door" inside the "work shop" room, the "storage room" is his grow space so you gotta go into the basement, then into his shop then into the grow space, far less likely that his kids will go back there since its his shop with sharp and dangerious tool, hasnt had a problem yet since his kids know that the shop is off limits and is locked, as well the "storage room" is also locked. just an idea to try and keep yourself and family safe. remember with most everyone and especially kids, "Outta sight, outta mind" if they cant see it then they wont think about it. hope this is a plausable and helpful idea to consider... what ever you do, think about it, talk it over with your wife since im assuming/hoping she knows about the tent/plants and see what the best course of action is to curb your daughters intrest. i do though highly recommend something like i said above, remember "outta sight, outta mind"

I would love to, but my basement is unlevel and couldn't really do anything down there.

ozzydiodude said:
IMO your foolish for letting young kids see them in the first place. Everyone know kids always brag about what their daddy does.

well she hasn't seen plants, because I do not have any yet. She has seen the tent that is setup and asked what its for. I'm just saying she may see it and ask. I figured that she would ask when I did the setup, but there is nothing in there. Then she gets bored with it and moves on. I have a lock on the door, so its not like she can just go in.

I want to grow because I still think its safer then trying to find some on the streets.

WeedHopper said:
Just be carefull Little Brother if your not Legal,,they will throw your ace under the jail for growing around a small child. Thats why I am not growing right now,, because we are now taking care of our 3 yr old Grand Daughter.
Hell we dont even smoke unless She is gone for the day, or asleep.

We don't smoke with her around.

with time my friend with time. still thats my best recommendation to you, just like the initial setup for the tents and stuff its gonna be an investment and will take some time to square things away so to speak, but outta sight outta mind is still the best plan of action, especially with kids. heck i even started off with a small setup in my closet and after some time, investing and loads of work i had my spare bedroom converted to my grow space. something to work towards i suppose, more then likely youll want a bit more space sometime down the road.

as i said thats pretty much the only thing i can think to do since it keeps the whole setup outta your daughters sight. i would have no idea what to say to my kids if they asked something like that. kids say the darnedist things lol and that could bite yah in the butt if yah dont go about it right, id try not to lie too much about it but not say the whole truth either, gotta save your hide.

MoNoXiDe said:
well she hasn't seen plants, because I do not have any yet. She has seen the tent that is setup and asked what its for. I'm just saying she may see it and ask. I figured that she would ask when I did the setup, but there is nothing in there. Then she gets bored with it and moves on. I have a lock on the door, so its not like she can just go in.

I want to grow because I still think its safer then trying to find some on the streets.

i suppose you can disreguard my previous post, still a private location outta the normal roaming area for the kids is best, if all she has seen is a tent and no plants/lights and such you could say its a sealed space to hang your clothes so they dont get dusty or eaten by moths. and above all tend your garden when she is away/asleep and keep as many doors locked as you can, bedroom locked and closet locked, what ever you can to keep that setup outta sight.

Don't lie to a six year old. Either hide it well or tell it is your hobby...but don't lie to her, she will remember. Are you in a legal state?

As an aside, when our daughter moved to NY and smoked pot for the first time she said she thought, " I have smelled this many times in my life." lol Now we smoke together and laugh a lot..she is 38 now. We stopped when the kids were about 6 or so for 25 years. I sure wouldn't want to quit now.

I predict this will not turn out well.

She's 6.
She's curious
She's a girl....(no offence ladies).
Your fear that she will tell people "daddy grows plants in a tent" is spot on.

Before you put the first plant in there you should check the laws in your state in regards to jail time, asset forfeiture, and child welfare.

In some states it's a slap on the wrist....until they take into consideration a child lives at the grow location, then all bets are off.

Best of luck, whatever you decide, but I'm with WeedHopper, the downside ain't worth the risk.

Rosebud said:
Don't lie to a six year old. Either hide it well or tell it is your hobby...but don't lie to her, she will remember. Are you in a legal state?

As an aside, when our daughter moved to NY and smoked pot for the first time she said she thought, " I have smelled this many times in my life." lol Now we smoke together and laugh a lot..she is 38 now. We stopped when the kids were about 6 or so for 25 years. I sure wouldn't want to quit now.

not in a legal state. Wish I was. TN will be the last state to go legal imo. "Bible Belt"

cubby said:
I predict this will not turn out well.

She's 6.
She's curious
She's a girl....(no offence ladies).
Your fear that she will tell people "daddy grows plants in a tent" is spot on.

Before you put the first plant in there you should check the laws in your state in regards to jail time, asset forfeiture, and child welfare.

In some states it's a slap on the wrist....until they take into consideration a child lives at the grow location, then all bets are off.

Best of luck, whatever you decide, but I'm with WeedHopper, the downside ain't worth the risk.

It's crazy that its looked at like its a bad thing. Ppl grow plants indoors. Its just too bad its illegal. Its not like she is being exposed to meth or cocaine or something that being made gives off chemical vapors.

well kids are our future and in the law eyes anything they can use to up charges they will use

MoNoXiDe said:
It's crazy that its looked at like its a bad thing. Ppl grow plants indoors. Its just too bad its illegal. Its not like she is being exposed to meth or cocaine or something that being made gives off chemical vapors.
Bro nobody is saying you would be a bad Father,,,,BUTTTTT,,,,if you get busted in Tenn for growing,,you are not gonna be able to be a good Father for along along time. They will throw your *** under the prison. Then who will take care of your daughter? I agree buying Weed is not Cool,,but I will bet ya you would getalot less time for a Purchase,,then you would for growing or Distrabution. Just a thought.

It's sad that you can go to prison in one state but what for states over it's completely fine. What's wrong with this country. Looks to me like I need to move.

MoNoXiDe said:
It's sad that you can go to prison in one state but what for states over it's completely fine. What's wrong with this country. Looks to me like I need to move.
I know it sucks Bro,,,I live in Backwoods *** Texas. Almost went to Prison for what Im warning you about. And my Youngest was 15 when it happened,,and I spent almost 50,000 to stay outta Prison for 3 ******* Plants that were not even sexed yet. So when I say Ive been there,,I mean it.And my Boy was not 6.
Needless to say I never grew again untill my children were out on thier own.:eek: And never tell NOBODY,,,I mean NOBODY.
Buy Good Weed from someone you trust and forget growing in Tenn.

Latest posts

Back