What's in Roddy's Garden Today??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read the nute study sticky, great info in there!!

As for flavor, everything I've grown has been very flavorful. Did I see a Kandy Kush in your line-up? That was my very first grow, I grew the gal to 6' tall and she rewarded me with 10oz dried....and let me tell you, EVERYONE here uses that as the benchmark for taste and high. Awesome plant, wished I had cloned her!

My grow is sucking at the moment. I am fine however. Has your health returned? i hope so.

Ahh, you're a great grower, it'll work out! :) I am much better, THANKS! Slow recovery, this hernia stuff!

Went and bought another (10) 7 gallon smartpots, the babes are ready to move up and so the cycle continues! The 4 gals in veg right now are HUGE, the training is making them bush monsters. Ahhh, the fun of overcrowding LMAO! At least I had a spot to use as an emergency situation....wasn't always like that though :D The benefit of bulking these 4 up...they've got potential to produce a big harvest! Gonna peek in at the crew doing the transplant and see if maybe we can't put one or two of these beasts into 20 gallon tubs and experiment a bit further.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention the 3 OG seed went into soil along with the DP White Widow. One OG and neither GHS seed came up so far, they're still trying thogh :)

Went down last night and checked the gals out while the water crew were moving them around, you'd be amazed at the amount of bud growth from the last set of pics to last night! I'll try for pics again tonight if I remember! Big swelling buds full of frosty trichs......I am stoked!

how you feeling roddy? i hope life is gettin better. it better b ok u have buds coming soon! cheer mate

Heya Ruffy! :ciao: Am doing much better, am up and about and eager to get back to the gardening! Still plenty of dr appts ahead, undoubtedly some bad times in the near future too, but we do what we can and live on!

Anyone want a couple kittens?? :(

Tragedy, I guess the kittens love the openness of the veg area, they also love the soil. I wasn't too worried when I saw they had scratched around in the 10gal babes, but then I saw the cups with seed sprouts which had been toppled and soil sent all over. Managed to find all the OG, all still look viable (fingers crossed), but the DP White Widow is lost.

Gotta love these little tykes, but they'd better steer clear of me for a while...

LOL Hemper, THANKS! The OG are notorious for stretch, they'll be monsters one way or another! Not the best producer, these are grown for my "top shelf" choice...they're that good! I'm getting her dialed in, have a few clones going as well, just looking for a better pheno, if possible.

I did what I didn't want to do a couple nights ago, not the proudest lol. Had little room left and the plants were just too cramped, so we took the two most mature plants...yes, the trichs were good (mostly cloudy with some amber), but they had just reached that window and could have gone a few more days at least to bulk the buds up more (save the newer additions, of course).

We took the GWS and Orange Bud, the Great White is now almost dried out and we just cut some off and smoked it up...WOW! Am pretty good with a head buzz right now, good taste and high! It's almost dry enough to jar (amazing how quick this stuff dries here) and will likely go in tomorrow for a quick cure, this will be what I smoke. Haven't tried the OB yet, it's a bit wet yet. The rest down there are sitting pretty, about a week to 3 max for all to finish!

Still cramped as can be downstairs and had a minor accident last night as well. The Orange Bud I just put in to bud a few weeks back had gotten pretty tall (this one's the stretchy pheno of the two I have), we were talking about how to tie her down when she snapped about 1.5' down the stem...I BARELY had pressure on it and was amazed it happened, but it did! She's a good 6' tall...or was (including pot), and has a ton of buds already formed, guess we'll see how this works out lol. Left it attached, just let it hang where it may. It'll heal which will slow budding (and hopefully not cause hermie??), but not sue how the cola's gonna work out now LMAO!

There's also a Pineapple express down there, put in the same time as the OB (couple weeks), WOW has she got buds all over her! She'll be an awesome provider with one of my favorite tastes in a bud! She's a squat 5' with pot.

howdy roddy. girls all looking very nice. do you have to use a dehumidifier in the basement? i know how these basements all stay damp/mildewy up here unless thier sealed and finished. i'm working on wet sealing one right now that is poured walls/smooth finish floor. anything that touches the floor, like a five gallon bucket, just sucks the water right up through the slab. very slow process sealing them in. most new home owners think that by simply painting the walls/floor will stop the moisture, but it costs them alot more to have to remove all that paint back to bare concrete, just to begin a proper seal. it can get real expensive. a 25 x 50 thats been painted, typically is gonna cost around 5-6000 to do it right. alot of that cost is in labor just on the prep work. you should see a home owners face when you tell them this. lol. act like they got drop kicked in the sack. lol. my mom always told me, ''you gotta pay to go to school''. when you have to call in a pro, they wished they would had payed a little closer attention in class! and people hate facts when confronted with them too, once they went the uncle billy bob way, and a little search online coulda told them ol uncle wild bill was on the sauce again. hahaha.

your basement looks like a typical mi basement. if so, i would put a couple dehumidifiers in there! winter growing is the way to go in these basements if you dont heat them up but only on lights out. i've done my share of basement grows that were more root cellars than an actual buttoned up, moisture free grow rooms.

and keep tons of air moving on constant 24/7. i would also get those windows blacked out. maybe build wooden boxes and attach to them as a light trap, and also use them to vent out of if you know what i mean.

just my opinion roddy from doing many grows in all sorts of different environments in this frozen winter wonderland. trying to be of some help. moisture and mildew is going to be you're enemy now.

one other thing. why do all the big box stores up here discontinue selling house fans in the fall/winter months, when we need them the most? haha. i heat with wood, and you gotta have fans moving heat around constantly. but trying to find a fan or six is always a headache come winter. since i'm privvy to this already, i stock up on cheap dollar store fans for back up ahead of time every summer.;)

grow is looking great man. are you gonna run one all winter? ...peace...

Hey Irish!

I do have plenty of air moving around, an exhaust fan in one window, all others are completely blacked out. 2 floor fans are moving air 24/7 as well. No real humidity noticed as yet, been watching close though! THANKS!!

Fans are hard to find during winter, crazy! I'm buying one more before they become extinct again!

PuffinNugs said:
in the winter time, using your furnace and everything you will not need a dehumdifier, itll be pretty dry. i grow in a crawl space, I think the winter is the best time of year for my grows. youll have to worry about the humditiy come spring/summer. use the cold weather to your advantage and bring out some nice colors of your plants.

Already seeing the great purples I saw last year! NICE!!

Heya Puff!

OK, jarred the OB and GWS this morning, OB came in at 61 grams dried, GWS is a nice 80 grams. Both are strong highs with good taste straight from stem...we'll see how they taste in a few weeks lol

These could have been better yields had I not been out of room and needing to space the gals. With the two gone though, more light will reach the rest! :)

edit to add....after an hour in jar, the GWS smells awesome...

Went to add the new jars to the safe yesterday since I had things to do, couldn't fit it all in and went to my secondary hiding location when. When I went to add the jar, it made a glass on glass clink sound, something was already in there? looked in to find a jar I had forgotten about, a jar of OG from about a month or so ago...NICE!!

I really need a bigger safe lol

Latest posts

Back