What's in Roddy's Garden Today??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
`Sounds like fun, the best way to stay busy. Have a great day, Roddy.

Watch out Roddy ... Health first ... Glad 2 that you are feeling better.

The gals downstairs....WOW! Some nice nugs down there for sure! I'm especially happy with the Red Diesels down there, tight solid nugs all frosty and smelly! I give these gals another 2 weeks tops. A few of these may take longer than 3 weeks, no biggie!

I'll try for pics when I get the kid to move them all around again tomorrow...if I remember lol!

The gals in the pantry are all coming along nicely, all are now showing signs of flowers! I can't wait until I can move these down to the basement, but with the temps all nice and cool, the pantry once again is working nicely!

Now toget busy on those clones.....oh, and the OG seeds!

Last night I dropped the OG seeds, 4 of them are soaking and will soon go to paper towel where we hope to see nice little tails soon! Also dropped was a White Rhino from GHS, White Widow from GHS (both were freebies I've had for awhile) and a White Widow from Dutch Passion, I believe.

Yes, I have plenty of clones, I am just looking for better phenos and to get rid of some of these extra seeds.

Today is our annual geocaching event, I am going to be out most of the day hosting and enjoying (even if the weather IS rainy and 41 w/win chill of 33), will be back in time to take pics, hopefully!

OH YEAH, I'm wanting to grow out some Northern Lights...that's some good stuff there. Anyone have a recommendation on which one(s) I should go for?? Will be placing seed order soon, so chime in please, don't be shy! :)

I would buy from Sensi. More expensive perhaps but the original. My next buy will be AK from Serious :hubba:. :aok:

:48:

So far, 3 of 4 of the OG have grown tails, the DP White Widow has also....neither of the GHS have yet. Sticking the tailed seeds into soil.

DSCF1478.JPG

Just a preview of what's to come, this is the Red Diesel and a bit of the Vanilla Kush beside her. These buds are rock solid and frosty, and getting big. I'm hoping for 4-5oz dried off this beasty beauty! I'd say maybe another week to 10 days tops, then chop chop for her and maybe 3 others. The rest (8 or so) will follow closely, maybe 2 weeks tops in between harvests.

And yes, the gals in the pantry will move down to the basement, the gals I have in veg (4) that are there wasn't room for (these 4 are 2'x3' and growing) will be HUGE...we are thinking of going back to the 20 gallon tubs for these and keeping them in the pantry...like the first time! :)

There are also 9 planted clones which are being trained and growing in thick and lush, 4 in the cloner with enough root to go to soil, 7 in cloner showing root, but not enough yet for my liking and something like 10 others that are just starting out. Oh, and don't forget the seeds that will soon be sprouts!!

Perpetual at it's best....grow, my babes, grow!

How do you sprout your seeds Roddy? I'm not having a lot of luck in that department -- and clones are next -- the thought frightens me some. Your crop is wonderful. BTW

Hey Hemper!

I drop the seeds in water and put in the dark for a day, then from the water to a tissue/paper towel (wetted down) and back into dark until tails show about half inch to inch when I put them in soil and move them under the light! This usually takes a day or so, not much longer most times, so two to three days and you're planting them in soil!

The GHS seeds not sprouting thus far doesn't surprise me, I've had notoriously bad luck sprouting a GHS...but all the others sprout!

If I don't space out in the next 20 minutes, I'll go down and take some sugar shots in natural light...or try at least. Can't seem to find my tri-pod.

Oh and Hemper, clones are simple, no stressing. Get some clone dip (or powder, I'm using some kind of green gunk that looks like snot, not sure the name as my local hydro shop has me beta stuff for them) and put them right into soil, they'll grow! There's a section on how to make a cloner, these really up the success % a bit!

Thanks Roddy, I feel a little better about it now -- I want to keep this AK-47 and the White Power. They are beautiful, and I know the gennetics are superior.

DSCF1489.JPG My try at a sugar shot, not bad with a fan blowing and no tripod! This is Red Diesel!

DSCF1493.JPG The VERY bottom left of the pic is a nice White Widow with the red hairs showing. Then we're looking at the Red Diesel and on to the Vanilla Kush. These gals are a bit crowded, but they're doing OK! Notice the Red Diesel decided to fall out all over the place...

DSCF1495.JPG The purpling leaves are on the LSD, thin but tight buds with tons of leaves lol. It's laying out over the Red Diesel and the White Widow.

DSCF1497.JPG Sea of buds, some more mature than others!

:) Very nice as usual, Roddy. I'm thinking that i hafta read your posts more closely,....i believe you have secrets your not telling us.:icon_smile: lol-jk

Seriously though, i have been thinking about changing my nutrient lineup, sorta took it 4 granted beffore but i'm learning that this can be very important. From a new growers viewpoint , you go in a hydro store and there is a 15 ft shelf ,full of colorful advertising on what super miracle breakthru formula each different nutrient company is offering. They all do the same thing right? ;) one is as good as another, right ;) How is anyone to know?? And thats not even seperating chem from organics yet.know what i mean?
So, what i am getting at is , it seems to me from what i've read when you post, that you have given your feeding requirements alot of thought and if i pay attention i might also benefit. You use organic right? Have you posted your nute lineup or details somewhere and i havent seen it? This is getting long but i have an eye on you:D

Hey THANKS Sol, I think it's more luck than anything else ;)

Truly, I can't remember the nutes I use, they're downstairs and it's lights out right now, I'll post it tonight! I am organic to the sense I am using all organic stuff, not sure if there's more to being organic that that lol. One thing I believe heavily in is worm castings and lots of it. I buy this at the local bait shop, ANY bait shop that deals in bulk worms has worm castings, I buy mine DIRT CHEAP!!! Pun intended, but seriously, I do....$2/30# bag!

I was spending a bit of money on my nutes when using the FF series, had great results with it too, but figured it a waste to buy good soil just to kill it all off with the nutes, which then leaves the plant dependent upon you feeding them all the way through. At this point, I had a choice to make, go with junk soil or even coco choir and feed all the way to end or find a better solution. After a bit of screwing around, I found some soils which let me go lax on the feed, then decided that was too expensive and am now making my own soil loosely following a few recipes until I got it down to how I like it. Check the stickies for ideas on soil mixing.

With the supersoil mix, I am feeding very little, only every other watering or so during the latter part of budding, some plants obviously have higher needs and will dictate feed schedule. With the mixed soil, I never check my ph, it's not needed, the lime keeps it in check! The microbes in the soil are fed with the natural stuff given them, they then feed the plant, sweet! A great thing, most of this organic stuff is much cheaper than nutes....the worm castings and molasses being a good example....soil mix is cheaper than buying soil as well. One thing I am going to try is making a tea, been thinking about it for some time. Will use bat guano, worm castings and a few other goodies, I think!

I ramble and some of my thoughts may be way off, but this has been working well for me! I ran into a few crops of heat stressed gals (pantry isn't vented and heats up fast, an hour without opening door and OUCH) which were the last couple of harvests leading to this one, this one is really showing great promise indeed! With the ventilated basement (which is also a much cooler area), I am seeing the results I saw with my first attempts, thick heavy buds that are covered in frost!

I appreciate the kind words, my friend, but there are many smarter growers than myself, most of my knowledge is taken from them! :)

:) Fantastic, no problem i appreciate a good ramble every now and then, learn the most then. I just got the impression that you have an awareness of the difference and or benefits of organic growing. At least i felt that way after reading your posts. Anyhow , i am wondering if i might want to look into more organic ways to feed. I don't really want to make the jump to soil yet i like my homemade mix( Pro-mix,xtra perlight makes 1/2 , other half is coco choir)-all inert(mostly) But i would like to at least give up the chem ferts and go with maybe Alaska fish emulsion,bat guano and that type of things . I am trying everything possible to improve the final FLAVOR. I have some nice strains on the rise ,a few bucks in my pocket and i plan on going to the hydro store Tuesday. So i'm trying to do some research on things to look for when i get there.:D

Latest posts

Back