What's in Roddy's Garden Today??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 165 Merc in her is limited production, strong and dependable, the boat does a solid 45mph on a choppy lake....and the heads do turn! She gets great gas mileage from that little powerplant, so long trips aren't murder on the wallet! All in all, I'd say I did right fine with the trade!!

Electrician just upgraded my wiring, more outlets downstairs means upgrading equipment and adding an actual PROPER ventilation set-up (NOOOOO, say it ain't so.....). This also sets me up for my expansion plans which include turning an upstairs bedroom into a start to finish grow set-up; veg, bud and drying room all in one bedroom! This will allow for a near doubling of my production!

I'm also experimenting with a new nute line....or making teas.

Greenhouse gals are something to stand and gaze at, I just love how they're coming along...and without much effort, I might add! Next year will be soooo much different, I can't wait already! :)

Here she is, the Prone position....

Four Winns 003.JPGFour Winns 004.JPGFour Winns 007.JPGFour Winns 010.JPGFour Winns 011.JPGFour Winns 012.JPG

Niiiiiccccccce . . . see, there's something we have in common Roddy . . . last fall I called about a gorgeous '87 Glastron Carlson this guy in Tennessee had . . . it was the last year they made this model . . . come to find out, the trailer tongue was a foot too long for my garage !! :(

Very Nice!!!!! now i picture me being pulled in a innertube behind going 50 knots trying to light my joint....:rofl: ~~ weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.~~ yells stop!!! Roddy looks back and says faster... faster??? faster??? VROOOOOOOOOMMM

Hey Dan :ciao: good to see ya, my friend! '87 Carlson....bet she was a beaut!! I checked out a few Glastrons, but they were priced too high!! :48: I'm scrambling to find storage for this one now, hate paying, but might have to.

Hey Squidy :ciao: now that would be something :rofl: We're talking about a trip north in the next week or two, salmon are in Manistee Lake (and I hear they're hogs). I'd love to hit Torch Lake as well, let the Four Winns clear her throat a little, maybe do some long distance tubing :)

As for tubing, we went out yesterday and I got in the tube for the inaugural run on the Prone...did a roll and lost my shorts to my knees, but I came back up riding on! The next rider wasn't as lucky, he faceplanted LOL...the Prone will lay ya out if you're not careful! :rofl:

:48:

Sorry for taking so long to update, a lot going on here in MI....mostly recreational :rofl: Here's some greenhouse pics, note the borg damage....got them taken care of inside, but didn't realize I had them until I contaminated the inside as well....more work in the basement, time to move out! No biggie, they're being dealt with...heavy handed style! Trying to figure out just where they came from, a friend bringing the hitchhikers from another grow may be the answer??

green greenhouse 001.JPGgreen greenhouse 002.JPGgreen greenhouse 003.JPGgreen greenhouse 004.JPGgreen greenhouse 005.JPGgreen greenhouse 006.JPGgreen greenhouse 007.JPGgreen greenhouse 008.JPGgreen greenhouse 009.JPGgreen greenhouse 010.JPGgreen greenhouse 011.JPG

You have so much going on it's a wonder you noticed having the BORG. I got them from some clones I got in the mail, and by the time I noticed there were bunches of them -- difficult to control and eradicate, but I know you thrive on difficulty, Roddy -- hit em hard, my friend.

Peace

really nice lookin pics, Roddy . . .

if ya crunch down on the crab critters, in a month you're prolly gonna open a Subway with all the foot longs you're gonna have:D

now remember , come harvest on those greenhouse girls....

when dropping timber's you wanna notch it on the side you wish it to fall, would hate to hear of you getting crushed by one of your "trees" come harvest time...:rofl:

those girls are huge healthy and just poppin', man. Way to go.:aok:

:ciao: Hemper!!! Good to see ya, my friend, thanks for stopping by...and the kind words! They snuck right in on me, I can't believe it.

:ciao: DanK!! THANKS for the kind words, my friend! I really enjoy going in the greenhouse these days, so much fun to see the progress! Next year will be bigger and better yet !

:ciao: 7G!! :rofl: :rofl: It's been a great day, much fun and laughter, you brought me some more! Appreciated, my friend!

Here's the newest toy to come my way, she wasn't cheap by any means.....but WOW, what a blast!!!!!!!!!

poparazzi 53-1750.jpg

Come to find out, the fields are full of borgs these days, they've been eating up pot crops all over the area...and are pretty resistant beasts. The greenhouse looks to be empty at this time, nothing moving that I see, the basement is harder due to the various stages of bud. I seem to have them under control, though, just spraying water on the ones bothered by them...nothing on most of the gals down there at this time! another shutdown and bleach bath for the basement as soon as the last is up.

Vegging gals are untouched by the borg, the 7 gals currently in there are getting HUGE! Clones are coming out soon, more will be cut and the cycle continues to roll on!

Hope all are having a great weekend, be safe and take care!

The downstairs is coming right along, another up, another waiting in the wings! We'll have her emptied and cleaned yet again in no time, she'll be filled and pumping out the buds eventually!!

The veg gals are on hold, getting bigger under the T5's but not going into bud until we have no fear of mites! The cloner is full of cuttings, the Satori cuttings are rooted and ready to be planted to soil!

The greenhouse...

more greenhouse 001.JPGmore greenhouse 002.JPGmore greenhouse 005.JPGmore greenhouse 006.JPGmore greenhouse 007.JPGmore greenhouse 008.JPGmore greenhouse 010.JPGmore greenhouse 011.JPGmore greenhouse 013.JPGmore greenhouse 014.JPGmore greenhouse 015.JPGmore greenhouse 018.JPG

I think I have the borgs subdued thanks to my local granery and a low-cost insecticide. As of this afternoon, no movement after day one of spray, follow-up spray in a week. IF it works as good as I am hoping and the salesman (who turned down ordering floramite to get me trying this stuff) said!

Other than that, buds are building in the greenhouse, the basement gals are gone save the big veg gals that could wait no longer...oh, and I'm having 100% success rate with my clones, Satori, Mkage and Delahaze all in cups and growing up!

Morning of day two after spraying low-cost insecticide, the plant that had shown several borg per leaf still shows none alive, zero movement! I can't stress enough how hard it's been to contain and now hopefully eradicate these pests, but the high-priced stuff wasn't working, the pepper sprays proved ineffective and I was seeing best results from blasting cold water all over the plants for several minutes at a time...a trick that does seem to slow the beasts.

What seems to be around here is that these are some seriously resistant bugs, likely a product of the sprays used in the fields to eradicate them....this has been an exceptionally bad year for them (as farmers have suggested to me). Some soybean fields are dead from them (not just drought damage, but the leaves are destroyed much as I've seen in my plants), some farmers who've given up on their crops didn't spray follow-ups to kill them...it's been a storm of borg!

The greenhouse looks better than the downstairs, at least the gals stayed somewhat healthy in there despite the constant invasion...I guess taking them out into the open air helped a lot (speculation)...and daily saturations! The early swapping of gals into the basement likely made for a nasty invasion that had left me reeling. The daily bringing in of borg from the greenhouse (hitchhikers on clothing) also likely helped the beasts gain a strong foothold even being treated with the costlier spray (floromite) and yes, the cheap pepper sprays (which I speculate did slow them enough to give me a false sense of safety, them time to get a very strong foothold). And no, I didn't just indiscriminately start treating with several sprays, I heeded all advice given here and did a regimental attack with floromite sprayed twice (week apart)...and follow-up sprays of pepper juice after seeing depressing results from the insecticide.

I misspoke in my last post, the feed mill salesman swayed me away from ordering the $250/bottle FORBID (not floromite) in favor of trying the cheap spray...he highly recommended it for my gals above the costly spray. For now, I think he was right!!! As I am not one to spam but am happy to help, I'll mention the spray after certain she's worked...

Beauty of this low-cost spray, it'll kill any insect, can be used indoors for household pests (spiders, fleas etc etc) and, if works as I suspect at this time) can be used to treat my basement regularly to keep problems at bay....and I'm not freaking out at the cost.

hey Roddy . . . what is the active ingredient in the insecticide? . . . hope it is not an organophosphate

that sucks Roddy :( .. i always would get stoned and rant my conspriacy theroy of how the feds are probably going to invent a bug that is resistent to pesticides and organic ways of keeling the bug... scary to think it could be the BORG!!!!! i know deeep huh.. all kidding aside i wish you luck with your BORG war. I always enjoy checking out your thread...luckily I have never had the BORG / spider mites.. makes sign of the cross and, knocks on wood... so i dont really have any hands on experience to suggest any help.. actually will be popping by here to see how you deal with a muilti space grow BORG WAR

Squidy

last April i treated a plant with floromide and then proceeded to have the worse case of spidermites ive ever seen, they thrived and flourished, the mites, not the plants.

Dan K. Liberty said:
hey Roddy . . . what is the active ingredient in the insecticide? . . . hope it is not an organophosphate

:ciao: DanK

Permethrin. Strong stuff, it seems! Guy said it could be used right up to days or so of harvest....yeah, ok! :eek: :holysheep:

Latest posts

Back