What's Worse?! You Decide!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrendanV

Reaction score
Being caught drunk driving while underage, it didn't getting ANY attention because it was VERY hushed up.

OR

Being caught taking a hoot out of a bong.

As you guys probably know I'm talking about M P. (michael phelps). I understand how hes a big role model and how he needs to stay in LINE 24/7 of his life. I just found out how kelloggs killed his sponsorship, and so did another of his sponsors, I can't remeber what one, but it was over the picture of him taken a ripp.

So are they trying to make an example of him now?! I really think its being blown WAYYYYY out of the water compared to Under Age drunk driving ( he was 19 when caught ), which could lead to wayy worse outcomes. I never really liked phelps because I never thought of him as a person, which might sound dumb but after that picture, I realize hes a human, who has a private life, and who CANT do what he wants.

So fellow posters do you think all of this is being blown out of the water or is this what he deserves because hes won 14 medals?! (im pretty ripped, so fill in the blanks if I missed some words or my spelling is off :p)

I agree with you 100%. This kid is 21 years old, he didn't ask for this weight to be put on him. Now i do believe he could of done a better way of going about it(NOT hittin a bong at a party where e probably doesn't know half the people) but this kid is a human, for god sakes if anyone needed a rip from a bong it was probably him though. i get stressed out enough in college my self but i don't have to add the fact i have to please the whole world like he does. He made a mistake, he apologized for it, end of story... but you know American media that just ain't enough and it's sad to see one of the greatest olympic athletes of our time be done dirty like this...

Being caught drunk driving while underage, it didn't getting ANY attention because it was VERY hushed up.

The sweeping it under the carpet is worse.

2 mp.JPG

I think it is not cause he's a celebrity. It's like when snoop dogg first appeared everyone knew he smoked weed. Thats how he presented himself. So if snoop gets caught with an ounce of weed everyone is not gonna be like "oohh my god snoop got caught with weed, I would of never of thought. But this guy was presented as an allstar sports teenager that had some minor alchol problems. But which teenage celeb don't. But know he smoking "The Marijuana". Ohhh nooooo. Who would of thought.

What if they seen Hanna Montana half naked hitting a Blunt. The media would act like the whole world is going to hell.

Sorry for the long post, it's just how I see it.

In either case, I feel that his drinking and smoking as related to swimming, is like the price of eggs in China and swimming. However, we seem to live in a world where those in power have tossed the baby out with the bath water (England 1500's).

kelloggs just dropped him from hs contract with frosted flakes and corn flakes.. so remember that next time you're munching out and go for a different brand of cereal. (if you eat cereal that is. i still do, and wont support this brand anymore)

yimmy capone said:
What if they seen Hanna Montana half naked hitting a Blunt. The media would act like the whole world is going to hell.

Now that I would like to see. :hubba:

:postpicsworthless:

When althletes join Team USA well they have to live by a totally biased and radical new structure of living... so they themselves are presented as "The IDEAL AMERICAN CITIZEN" perfect in everyway.. flawless.. not threating.. clean... and refined.

so mr. phelps taking a bong hit really did effect the image he was supposed to be upholding when he signed away his life. However in my opinion, i don't think that he should be so harshly judged for his descision. Many americans both successful and not have do or have done "drugs". Doctors.. Lawyers... Cops... Nurses... Surgeons... bankers... CEO's of major companies...

The main thing that should be looked at about this photo... WAS HE SMOKING POT WHILE SWIMMING? No... well then i guess he's safe...

Pranic said:
The main thing that should be looked at about this photo... WAS HE SMOKING POT WHILE SWIMMING? No... well then i guess he's safe...

LOL what is sick to think about this point..... He would STILL win the race... That kid has to have genetic outboard motors in his feet LOL.

Regarding swimming, marijuana, in my opinion is not a performance-enhancing drug.

Well it obviously shows that even the most athletic people smoke weed, I mean it is not like he just said..."O yea right on I just won more gold medals than anyone, I think I'm going to start smoking weed" Lol...I think people should look at the whole situation as default judgment. It is his choice what he does, but he can't control what others think....I HIGHLY DOUBT....he will win any more medals...haha how would that role play out in the world to come..I don't think the Gov would allow it. They would rig some crazy **** to mess him up or get him thrown in jail haha...jmo;)

Smoking weed is definitly worst then driving drunk underaged... because, weed is illegal!

If I was him, I would ditch the sponsors, call NORML and ask them if they want a "True American Hero" as a Pro MJ advocate for a healthy salary...

Do some commercials, or infomercials...speaking tours, get the attention of many, many people. Use the momentum created by this incident and use it to my advantage. Crap, if Brittney can do it...this guy can...COULD.

But then again, I am smart...and would look for any way to take this situation and make it work for me.

This situation can't work for him, he's a world-champion olympic swimmer that makes millions off endorsements. Not a marijuana martyr.
He's gonna do what has to be done to save his career. And team USA will welcome him back because, well, at this point he is team USA.

This guy just crushed world records. Let him blow off some steam and enjoy life. I bet he's got one hell of a aqualung.

At least he hit's a bong like a pro.

See how he holds the lighter?

Certainly not a rookie.

Why did my post get deleted? ... anyway I just posted that Swimming USA ( I think his swim team ) suspended him for 3 months.

the democratic party didn't suspend their nomination for Obama when he admitted to smoking AND inhaling. Are the rules different for athletes or for Presidents?

diablo_cannabis said:
the democratic party didn't suspend their nomination for Obama when he admitted to smoking AND inhaling. Are the rules different for athletes or for Presidents?
hmm.. I am also allowed, somewhat bound by duty, to background check a prospective employee. Look at his school records, past employment, ect.
But Obamas school records are "sealed".. noone is allowed to check his curriculum, extra curricular activities, groups or organizations that he was a member of or participated in...
I "wonder" . WHY"...
politicians are only held to "their own" standards.. You don't think so?.. Look into how many of our represtatives are criminals. NOT just "past" criminal records.. Today!...
DUI's, spousal abuse, tax evasion, defendants in law suites, drug charges, subjects of criminal investigations, ect. ect.... it's a loooong list..
Try putting "their" records on your resume, and see how many job offers 'you' recieve...:eek:

Latest posts

Back