What's Your Feelings on Fluorescent Lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bringing fresh air through the closet will be crucial. I have grown in a closet that had no ventilation, just a fan blowing air into it, and the results were very limited.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Actually NYCD. Those big spikes are Orange and Yellow. The true Red plants use most is 660-680 (Red doesnt even start till 650). Which HPS is only hitting 15-20% on.
That looks kinda like 6500 temp. With it hitting in the middle so hard like that.
With CFLs. You can get that 6500, or slide the spikes down to the deep reds with 2700 CFLs.

If they made a 2700 styled HPS. It would be the greatest thing to ever happen to indoor growing. A 250watt would nearly equal a 1000watt HPS then. With it spiking at 80% for true red.

hxxp://eosweb.larc.nasa.gov/EDDOCS/Wavelengths_for_Colors.html (first sample I came across)

Sorry for jacking your thread with a question....But Spearchucker or anyone else who understands the light spectrum as well as him, I see what you mean about the usable light spectrum, but is there any part of the light spectrum missing with these bulbs that could be helped with additional supplemental lighting? I get it that a lot of lumens are being wasted in unusable light, but could adding any certain type of supplemental light have a very beneficial impact that wouldn't also break the bank? I have a 400MH that I could add as well if it would help, it isn't being used. Or some CFL or fluro tubes...whatever....

For your grow area NYCD. I think your hitting it about as hard as you can.
There might be alot of unusable light. But the light that is usable is being delivered with a Dual 600w force.
For the last week before harvest. You can try adding the MH if you want. Cause someone put up a Light Chart Table once here. That said the final week plants crave the Blue spectrum again. Try that and see if their is any truth to it or not first hand.
But other than that. What your layin down on them is plenty.

If it aint broke, dont fix it. lol

SPEARCHUCKER said:
For your grow area NYCD. I think your hitting it about as hard as you can.
There might be alot of unusable light. But the light that is usable is being delivered with a Dual 600w force.
For the last week before harvest. You can try adding the MH if you want. Cause someone put up a Light Chart Table once here. That said the final week plants crave the Blue spectrum again. Try that and see if their is any truth to it or not first hand.
But other than that. What your layin down on them is plenty.

If it aint broke, dont fix it. lol

awwwww come on man, I'm just hitting 7,600 lumens per square foot....I got plenty of lumens left to go to catch up to the power of the sun :) Let's get it up to 10,000. lol... o man the headaches I would get from working in there would be awful.

I built a box in my closet for vegging--2 x 4 x 4. I framed out with 2 x 4s and covered with 1/2 plywood. The inside is painted flat white. I have a passive intake at the bottom and an inline fan to exhaust out the top. I also have a small oscillating fan in the space.

Without having read all the replies to your question, I'll say that I did an all fluoro grow with Train Wreck and it worked out splendidly well. I believe it is a good candidate for fluoros. The HIDs will do a better job with any grow, but the fluoros should work just fine in your case. That's just my opinion from my limited experience.

i love flourescents for clones and seeds
usually use the compact ones
i dont really use em for veg i always end
up veggin with my hps. the strain i have now
vegs real well under the hps

I got a 250w CFL, its a 14 000k which i decided to try after some good reports.

The plants can practically touch the bulb safely and the nodal spacing of new growth is really compact, its really node upon node its great, could grow a serious bush of these.

Currently keeping mom under it and i've also had some due to finish soon under it and i swear its brought out more THC, time will tell but very happy with em so far.

Only HPS for flower though and a full 10555.5555 L psqft.
Can anyone say aircon lol

Latest posts

Back