Which is better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlo

Reaction score
I'm going to begin a new batch. I've ordered seeds from Attitude that also gave freebies. If I'm going to grow maybe 3 strains, like 2 or 3 plants of each strain, is it better to grow strains that are of equal height for lighting purposes? flowering times? Or what should I consider when growing several strains at once? Seeds are listed as tall, medium, or short. Attitude had a good promotion this month!

Quick answer.... YES to all.... Grow them all with similar traits..... Flowering times are easy to make different... but height would be need to be close......Unless you like to shuffle ).....

Easy to go with all about the same

hmmm...even same strain will stretch a bit diffrent depending on the light source...I run many strains at same time..I just use things like milk crates ..vhs cases..telle books..anything to bring the plants canopy to even out

take care and be safe

:yeahthat:

There is absolutely no reason to restrict yourself to one strain--even within a strain, different phenos can grow radically different. Most of us raise and lower our plants to keep an even canopy. Expecting all your plants to grow the same is not really realistic unless you have all clones from the same mom.

Different strains can have different nutrient needs. So you may find yourself mixing up different strength nutes, but other than that, you should have no problems with a couple different strains.

2 questions: first could you please explain the word canopy? I probably know what your talking about but not familiar with the term the way its being used when talking about a plant. Second would be, how do you know what strains require what amount of nutes? Is there symptoms or signs that each different plant may show that they need more or less nutes while feeding your plants?

KP the first answer is canopy refers to the tops of your plants. You want to maintain as even a canopy as you can. I also have a ton of boxes, crates, shoe boxes, DVD cases for the smaller adjustments, in a closet for use in getting an even canopy.

Second answer is not as easy. Word of mouth and real world experience in trial and error with a strain is pretty much all you can go on. Some strains are pigs and can feed, feed , feed. Others are hella picky and might need less. Some strain descriptions on seed banks will mention feeding needs. Jmo

Latest posts

Back