would this work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flight175

Reaction score
scenario:: If I grew from seedlings and got a male and a female plant and my female had seeds with her buds.

question:: could I take a clone from the female, veg it, take the male out and have sensi buds?

why I wanna know:: I figured that if you take a cutting from a plant that produced seeds that that cutting would produce seeds but I am not sure.

flight175 said:
scenario:: If I grew from seedlings and got a male and a female plant and my female had seeds with her buds.

question:: could I take a clone from the female, veg it, take the male out and have sensi buds?

why I wanna know:: I figured that if you take a cutting from a plant that produced seeds that that cutting would produce seeds but I am not sure.

1. A female plant has to be pollinated to produce seeds.

2. Only a hermaphrodite plant would produce seeds without pollination.

3. If you clone a plant that is NOT a hermaphrodite, but is already pollinated, the clone would grow into a female plant that has not been pollinated and thus have no seeds.

4. If you miss even one bit of pollen when you clean that room, and that bit of pollen gets onto a female flower, you'll have seeds on that flower. The room with pollen in it has to be cleaned perfectly to free it of pollen. BILLIONS of pollen particles are on a male plant.

Do you understand now?

Good luck man.

okay, you explained nicely. probably will just spray the inside of my grow room a few times with lysol spray and then rub it down with bleach to kill all the pollen after the first grow is all done. Thank you stoney!

i want seeds but buying them from amsterdam is wayy to expensive for my taste.

flight175 said:
i want seeds but buying them from amsterdam is wayy to expensive for my taste.

It's all in how you do it man. In the last year, I've used less than 20 seeds. I grow a Mother plant or two of each strain and then grow, and grow, and grow, and grow using clones from these plants.

One pack of each type of seed is all you should need within a given year or two.

Good luck to you man!

Latest posts

Back