wow.. this is a first for me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmd420

SUPERBABY
Reaction score
How is it possible for my buds to have seeds if I started with female clones? What's the deal with that?

This cherry pie is dank in every other way.. it smells super loud, is way frosty, but I just broke some buds open and lo and behold! seed!

How many seeds? Sounds like you threw some nanners along the way and didn't catch them. Some stay hidden in the bud and can be easily missed. Usually results in a handful of beans. I know everyone is going to have a cow but I would hang on to the beans. Unless you had a unknown male in the mix the beans should be fem. I know evil seed from the Hermie Beast, but if the smoke is really good and it doesn't hermie a lot I would try running some of those beans...knowing full well that they could hermie down the road, but I would roll the dice. Okay start throwing things at me folks. :D

it's not too terrible.. about one or two seeds per branch.. I just can't figure on what I did wrong..

they were all from female clones.. I 've never even seen a nanner or had a male near me or my room...

Light leak or other stressing factors brought the hermie trait out of the gal, would be my guess.

does this mean that the clones I took from them will have seeds too?

cmd420 said:
does this mean that the clones I took from them will have seeds too?

Are the clones in flower or still in veg? You might want to pull them out, spritz them down with water and clean your flower area to make sure there is no stray pollen in there. As far as them throwing nanners down the line, well we know now that they have the potential to hermie. Just don't know what made them do it. All plants I would think have the potential to hermie, it's just at what stress level does it happen. Like I said before, a handful of beans is not the end of the world and could give you some S1 beans. jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
Are the clones in flower or still in veg? You might want to pull them out, spritz them down with water and clean your flower area to make sure there is no stray pollen in there. As far as them throwing nanners down the line, well we know now that they have the potential to hermie. Just don't know what made them do it. All plants I would think have the potential to hermie, it's just at what stress level does it happen. Like I said before, a handful of beans is not the end of the world and could give you some S1 beans. jmo

I'll give the babies a spritz. I just went in the 12/12 room where the seeds were created. There is the tiniest of light leaks, but nothing that ever affected any other strains.. Maybe this strain is just sensitive..

I'll wash the ones in veg too before I flip them..

Certain strains, and probably even phenos within a strain, can be sensitive to certain things/conditions. A slight light leak for one strain might be no big deal, for another it could be a problem. If the condition that caused it was a constant and you only got a couple beans here and there then I would say the cut was pretty stable, but without knowing for sure what the cause was you really can't come to any conclusions other then it can hermie. jmo

I just got finished reading something about how sensitive the cherry pie is sooooo... bummer is that I have four other rooms planted with Cherry Pie, so I'm hoping it was enviornmental.. or that the other clones are going to be more stable..

Does "hermie" mean that they have seeds or does it mean that they have nanners? The only thing wrong is that they have seeds. I don't know if I have my terms mixed up..

cmd420 said:
Does "hermie" mean that they have seeds or does it mean that they have nanners? The only thing wrong is that they have seeds. I don't know if I have my terms mixed up..

Hermie means the plant was at some time sporting both guy and girl parts. The nanners on a female plant make it a hermie, and the nanners are what caused the seeds. Like I said before, it sounds like you had a couple nanners probably in the bud and hard to find unless you are looking for them. They look like lil beaks. I will see if I can find a pic of them so you will have an idea of what to look for in the future.

Two examples of nanners in buds. Like little beaks.

theskunkmunkie-274647-albums-grape-stomper-og-gage-green-genetic-s-picture1615955-grape-stomper-og-rnugwithabananainit.jpg

I haven't seen anything like that, but I'm going to scour the buds later..

If a plant hermies late in the budding stages, you may not get any seeds, just nanners, or some seriously under-developed seeds etc, it depends what stage it hermied! Also, a plant might hermie late, giving enough time to pollinate other gals before you discover/harvest him/her. This could result in a plant with seeds and no nanners...

Thanks for the pic Hamster. I have not seen that before.

Here is what really happened more than likely. They are ultra hard to find. IME, nanners are more ugly than do harm. Seen many a nanner, but rarely ever a seed. Post 53 below, will show you what to look for. That's what slipped by you. Generally, only the lucky ones have a tight packed garden and the pollen sac opened not in direct path of the fan.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54332&page=3

Excellent pic Hamster, never saw it put quite that way.

Sorry to hear about your problem cmd, I also had some hermi/seeded plants this year. I think by the same fashion that Hamster has shown.

Hope you got it contained.

tcbud said:
Excellent pic Hamster, never saw it put quite that way.

Sorry to hear about your problem cmd, I also had some hermi/seeded plants this year. I think by the same fashion that Hamster has shown.

Hope you got it contained.

I can only take credit for finding it via google tc....:) I don't have those kind of picture taking skills.:D

When I was manicuring last night - I found a seed in one of my buds from the fem - max auto. Actually looks like there were a lot of seed pods forming but they are empty inside. Or those could have been the older dead/dried calyxes from when she first showed herself.

I may have left her too long and she went to the dark side because of that.

Hammy- I may just try to pop it and see what happens. shhhh don't tell anyone ;)

tastyness said:
Hammy- I may just try to pop it and see what happens. shhhh don't tell anyone ;)

If you do you should watch it like a hawk....but i would pop it as well.:D

Latest posts

Back