Xbox??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mutt said:
I love my 360. Got my cable going through the comp. comp to Xbox. I don't online play. but i love the media center. only bummer is that xbox doesn't have a DIVx codec. :(
but simple conversion and all is good :D
plus my comp and xbox both act as a DVR. that saves me some $$ at the end of each month :D
Hung up on Fable2 not much time for others yet. Got fable 2 the day of the release :hubba:
are divx and xvid different? (pretty sure they're not) because i can play xvid on mine fine. i stream many movies and tv shows to it.

i also use TVersity (media center wouldn't work at all for me) maybe that's why i can play them?
i swear xbox had a little codec update thing a while a go to play them.. look around a bit, i swear you're converting for no reason.

Neo drives a geo said:
I want to play the new gears. I was really into Bioshock when it first came out, Fun game to play at midnight.
did you kill the little girls or save them....you do know your actions dictate the outcome of the game right ???i killed all of the little girls the first time and saved them the next...that game was awesome

Xbox definately plays DivX, I play movies coded that way all the time...

PUFF MONKEY said:
i'm actually downloading it now.....do a search for "skullptura" for free RaR files of new games......i would recommend searching on mininova.......fallout 3 looks B.A too

I'll have to check that out, i haven't been on mininova in awhile, i love demonoid

*** Fallout 3 is definately B.A....i dont own it but my buddy does and i've played it and watched him play...fantastic game

blancolighter said:
Xbox definately plays DivX, I play movies coded that way all the time...

than someone please hookme up with a link. .avi it won't let me play (which is a Divx file)
it will play xvid. just won't let me load .avi which the divx codec will let me. everywhere i looked said it won't do it. been sorta PITA.
i do have the current updates for media center on the 360. any help in this would be great.

Well, I haven't played any avi files since the new update, so I don't know if mine even still works, but hopefully it does! I remember that if you try to play them through the windows media player on the xbox, it wont work. You have to access the video through the my xbox section in the video library tab. Then you should be able to see a section for your computer you can go to. Now this section only reads files that are in your video library folder in your computer (or whatever corresponding media player folder you have) but any avi files that you have in this file should play on the xbox this way. e this helps. Sorry, I'm really high explaining this, I'll come back later to clarify if needed. Good luck!

how dumb is that ....microsoft not compatible with microsoft....i don't own an xbox nor have i spent much time playing on one, but if you can load codec packs on an xbox like you can a PC then the fix is definitly out there

ok guys and girls ,,slightly off topic ,,,im looking to buy one this week ,,,does everything you need for it come in the box or will i need to buy additional stuff? not got a clue allways been a fan of the Play Stations ,,

Well, I haven't played any avi files since the new update, so I don't know if mine even still works, but hopefully it does! I remember that if you try to play them through the windows media player on the xbox, it wont work. You have to access the video through the my xbox section in the video library tab. Then you should be able to see a section for your computer you can go to. Now this section only reads files that are in your video library folder in your computer (or whatever corresponding media player folder you have) but any avi files that you have in this file should play on the xbox this way. e this helps. Sorry, I'm really high explaining this, I'll come back later to clarify if needed. Good luck!

UKgirl420 said:
ok guys and girls ,,slightly off topic ,,,im looking to buy one this week ,,,does everything you need for it come in the box or will i need to buy additional stuff? not got a clue allways been a fan of the Play Stations ,,

Everything you need is in the box. just do not buy the "Core" as it does not have a hard drive and will limit your gameplay abilities.

I do recommend these items for the 360 @ time of purchase:

-Battery packs x2

-Plug and play cable (charges the batt pack while you play)

-At least one CORDED controller (unless the battery packs grow feet like mine)

-Media remote (just because)

-Xbox Live! gold subscription $50 bucks a year? Why not?

-Beer (lots)

Assemble and enjoy!

Puff monkey...Xbox is a closed system not much freedom in doing a whole lot.

Blanco, everytime i try an Avi file it shoots me an error. will give me a screenshot, but won't play it. says that it doesn't recognize the file format.
can see most others. mainly if in WMV.
Or i have to recode it.

but if yours works with .avi, then i'll have to dig deeper.

I have a similar issue with an OLDER model, but my wife's newer model plays any media that Zune can play.

I HATE zune...but it works seamlessly on the 360...better than Media Center, which I hate even more.

The Effen Gee said:
I have a similar issue with an OLDER model, but my wife's newer model plays any media that Zune can play.

I HATE zune...but it works seamlessly on the 360...better than Media Center, which I hate even more.
you could try TVersity m8.. i love that little program.
i've been streaming media to my 360 since before micro$oft even added that feature with TVersity.
*but i guess if everything works, no need to change (incase it messees you up, i'd hate to be the cause ;)

i'm trying to find a divx file, but i seem to not have any mutt.. i think i can play them.. but looking through my files, most are xvid, so maybe i was mistaken.
i know TVersity can convert unsupported media on the fly (as you stream) but doing that i found some were choppy (can't remember what filetype they were though)
sorry not much help.. i'll try to find a small divx file, and see if i can stream it.

Oh Effen Gee, that reminds me, at some point I did downlaod the Zune software a while back. Maybe downloading this is something you can try Mutt, I guess anything at this point ya know?

Latest posts

Back