Yet another new grower -Have a look

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dontknowmuch said:
looks nice, did you scrog or lst? damn you got a lot of colas on that one plant
This here is a fine example of Low StressTraining(LST). :) There is no screen over the plant so this wouldn't be scrog. If you look carefully at the bottom of the plant, you will see the strings that he used to pull the plant down and over as it grew. This caused the main stem to grow horizontally and allowed the lower secondary stems to grow upward and become new colas.:cool: By using the string continually, Solanero was able to pull the plant open to allow good light penetration into the canopy. That is why he has so many pretty colas developing into nice buds.:D

Reactions: Sol
No screen at all, i just bent it over , trimmed very slightly , then tied each main branch as they identified themselves so that it maximized the light. Used epoxy paper clips covered with sport flextape stuff so it wouldnt dig into the stems,rubber bands and some super cool shocking pink twine and viola. I ventilate well, no light leaks,water every 2nd day and that's about it.

Ah, yes. Hushpuppy splained' it alot better than i. Actually i'm reading the lst/high stress thread right now and this thread describes EXACTLY what i did. So, i read it like 2 months ago and just followed it, ..mostly. Same technique,same result a little research pays off again.

:) :cool: I had some spare time ,so i whipped this together. I finally found a speed controller thatworks with my inline fan. Its' a 6" and i was surprised that it was'nt nearly as noisy as i thought it would be (once ducted up) . So i built a box around it and it is REALLY quiet now.:D There is a 6" plastic pot that tapers to 4" on one side and a butter container on the other. :holysheep: I had everything here but the reducers , so i used what was handy. Its 4" duct but i might change it just to save the fan some work. A bit a duct tape seals the edges and voila!! This set up is starting to take shape. Oh yeah, also i put up my cooltube , but its too big for my space. Its 28" wide and so is my space, so its on a diagonal now, not sure if i like it yet. Might have to re-think this one. And i meant to switch to 6" duct -forgot to mention.

DSCI0001.JPG

DSCI0012.JPG

Looks like that cool tube might have to be refigured brother. She isn't casting light as good as the other hood that you had...An idea for you..You could cut out a hole in one side of the box and allow the cool tube to extend out that one side and just tape it in place. that would allow it to sit squarely over the space and deliver light properly;) However, you might not want to do that now if it is a lot of modifying to the cabinet since the plant is almost done. I would switch back to the other hood until after harvest :)

Just as i thought. Oh boy, trial and error , huh!? Funny i thought the same thing with the ' hole in the side' trick. I think i might just buy a 4x4 tent. I saw someone selling knockoff tents ( seems to be quality,but??) for 130$ for 4x4, so i might get one at the end of the week. Seems better than cutting more holes and stuff, plus i'll double my growspace. The wardrobe served its purpose well, but this might be a needed upgrade.

I think a tent would serve you well. :) I have a problem buying a tent though as I am good with my hands, and was raised knowing carpentry and electrical. I would build my own tent. I am actually building 2 cabinets now that will be 30" by 4' by 7' tall. I have a nice place where I will put them and run my exaust hoses and all on the outside of them. I know for most peeps who grow indoors that space and stealth is a premium, and that makes the tents even more functionally worthwile. I just like the sturdiness of a wood framed cab and I can save the money for lighting:)

I reworked things abit , so its not too bad but not perfect. Actually i think that was just a dark picture as the light penetration is about the same, in my opinion.
I also drilled small holes in the outer lip of the container and hooked on some bungees as it almost fell over when the water weight is used up , it really tippy, or was. Not now though, and put up a few bamboo stix to support when i need to. They also are good to use to spread things out so everywhere gets even light.

best1.JPG

yeah that does look a lot better. Looks like the light is gettin everywhere it needs to get. Shes looking real good bro ;)

I still seem to have yellow leaves. Hhmm, i've read that it is o.k. for some lower leaves to yellow later in flowering, AND i've read that NO leaves should yellow Unless dictated by the strain. It still bothers me, at first i thought it was a mag def but then i decided it looked like your everyday N def. I figure that this plant has alot of green leaves and must require abit more that normal,....i figure. Its been going on for about a week and i've boosted the N just recently so i hope to see a change soon. Just posted a pic to run it by you guys.

DSCI0002.JPG

DSCI0002y2.JPG

How far into flower are you?

if its normal yellowing than its just that, Normal.

you dont want to fight the normal fade too much, boosting N late in flower will cause harsh bad tasting smoke later.

It looks late enough in flower to not worry about that little bit of yellowing, quite normal.

Plant looks good to me, great job.

I agree on the yellowing. However, the leaves look quite droopy.....are they thirsty?

It's about 28 days into flowering,....and yes it was thirsty,already watered. Good, if its normal i'll just let her go. I bought some Alaska fish fert just in case, but i dont think i'll use it . I don't want too much nitrogen in there ,but just in case i have it.

What i do is continue veg fertz for the first 2 weeks of flower and start flower nutes then, with cal/mag and add an additive the last 5 weeks of flower.

I'm using a 2 part fertilizer. It was only part 1 in veg and part 1&2 in flower. So ,theoretically the plant still gets Nitrogen in flowering, although it seems not enough. I read the part 1 bottle and the N is at 3% sounds low to me? Also i used it at the ratio of 1 tsp. per litre water.Then part 2 is 2 tsp. per litre added to part 1 and mixed as flowering nutrients. Perhaps it was just a bit too low for this plant? I'm still very happy with my results so far, but for future reference i may look for a higher N value. I use cal/mag as well as i use r/o water:)

I tried to capture the colour here , the buds are ever so slightly darkening, and resin heads are forming on the leaves. I can't judge the timing well enough to say how much longer, i'm in no hurry. But i am curious as to a guess as to how much longer. I remember when it was reverting back to veg and the bud hairs turned orange and everything got REALLY sticky, i hope she remembers to do it again. But because of that reveg i know this plant is thick with resinous leaves, so it should all go well.
See the few hairs starting to darken?

DSCI0001.JPG

DSCI0004.JPG

They look fantastic.

you said they are 28 days, plan on 35 more days and see where you are.

Latest posts

Back