Yet another new grower -Have a look

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solanero said:
I'm using a 2 part fertilizer. It was only part 1 in veg and part 1&2 in flower. So ,theoretically the plant still gets Nitrogen in flowering, although it seems not enough. I read the part 1 bottle and the N is at 3% sounds low to me? Also i used it at the ratio of 1 tsp. per litre water.Then part 2 is 2 tsp. per litre added to part 1 and mixed as flowering nutrients. Perhaps it was just a bit too low for this plant? I'm still very happy with my results so far, but for future reference i may look for a higher N value. I use cal/mag as well as i use r/o water:)

You do not want too much N--it retards flowering. IMO, there are not enough yellow leaves to be concerned. The yellowing is a normal thing as the buds mature. I think things look great. i see some real dank in your future.

Cool :D
35 days? yeah i figured on a month anyway,good.
I've already got round 2 warming up there .(clone of round 1) and might look into ordering some seeds so i'll know what i'm growin. Is anyone good enough to guess as to what strain i might have. I'm certain its a sativa dominant but....i guess it really does'nt matter, just curious.
I cloned it just in case it grew up to be something i might want to hang on to.;) ;)
Thanks all for the help and kind words, will keep you posted.:cool:

forgot pic

DSCI0001.JPG

Solanero said:
Cool :D
35 days? yeah i figured on a month anyway,good.
I've already got round 2 warming up there .(clone of round 1) and might look into ordering some seeds so i'll know what i'm growin. Is anyone good enough to guess as to what strain i might have. I'm certain its a sativa dominant but....i guess it really does'nt matter, just curious. I cloned it just in case it grew up to be something i might want to hang on to.;) ;)
Thanks all for the help and kind words, will keep you posted.:cool:
Sorry Bro, neither DH Short nor Ed Rosenthal are good enough to do that.:giggle: But she is looking real good even with her new fall colors. Don't get scared and overfeed her now, she's almost home.:)

On the nutes..Hang on to the Alaska fish fert and (carefully) add a bit extra to yer regamin on the next grow (during late veg). I know 3% doesn't sound like much but when yer measureing in parts per million, 3% is 30 thousand parts of Nitrogen. Don't forget that these girls are finicky eaters, and don't like "hot-n-spicy" nutes. :D

O.k. HP will do on the fish goo.:D
I know who Ed Rosenthal is but who is DH Short? I did google it and got ,..umm wrong answers. lol :(

I opened her up a bit more to get better penetration to the lower growth. I was also curious , At what point do ppl usually clean up the thin,scraggly growth, like the offshoots that dont get light and stay small? I would imagine its only in veg time but i didnt do any of that this time and i wonder if my plant is putting much energy into buds that won't amount to much. Just wondering for next time.
Anyhow pic 1 is where i spread her out and the others are just pretty pix. There are several areas where the buds grow in thick clumps like in pic #2, kinda cool. Im a proud plant .....parent?

open up.JPG

budbunch1.jpg

cola.JPG

pretty1.jpg

cola2.JPG

I'm already working on a plan for my next grow. My two fav options are: order Ganesha dream:watchplant: seeds from a seed co. and/or a good (good) friend is bringing me a Chemdog clone :aok: . I just read up on the strain and it sounds like a good one, well both are. I know GD is an easy grow strain, not sure about the Chemdog, but hey... its' already started . As long as it is'nt flowering yet as i don't want to go through that again. Chime in if you have exp. or info on the CD strain if you like. :)

Here's another photo update, and b4 anyone mentions them, i've already removed brown,dead leaves.

blue1.JPG

blue2.JPG

blue3.JPG

back1.JPG

b under1.JPG

;) Already putting the baby into bondage. Actually i'm really looking forward to having control right from the start. Not that i'm complaining but , the mother was already 1.5 ft. high or more when i started working with it. I'm really amazed at the results that can be achieved with lst, so the baby plant should be better than mom because now i know a few things.:D :icon_smile:

DSCI0009.JPG

DSCI0011.JPG

Is this to be considered normal yellowing ? Day 40 flowering . It seems to be crreping up to the top middle leaves now, wasnt like that before. Should i just carry on and see? or should i try to foliar feed maybe? I can notice the constant yellowing from day to day , seems a fast progression . I've seen some strains that change many colours as it flowers so if it still to be considered o.k. then i won't let it bother me. Just that this grow has gone much better than i had expected and i dont wan't to minimize that if possible. Thanks guys:icon_smile:

yellowback.JPG

y2.JPG

y3.JPG

y4.JPG

Hey Bro; sorry to be so long getting back to you. I missed the posts and was out of town for a few. The girl looks really great. Those bud are really starting to thicken up a lot. :) They gonna be rockin in a couple more weeks. In answer to your question about DH Short, he is a big time breeder. If you look here on 'The Attitude', you should be able to find his stock... That yellowing looks like Nitrogen deficiency starting to kick in. It seems a bit early but that may be either the phenotype of this plant or the rough life that this plant has gone through. I forget what you are feeding her. How much you giving her? May be you need to bump up the nutes a bit as you still have a few weeks left to go.

Hey; after going back and looking at the time line and what has happened so far, I wouldn't add any extra Nitrogen at this point even though I am pretty certain that is what is happening. The yellow crawl is not happening that fast, so I wouldn't worry.

As she reaches the end of days, she will get skrawney looking as the leaves yellow-off. But the buds are reaping the benefits from robbing the nutrients from the lower leaves, quite natural for many strains. DO NOT FOLIAR FEED AT THIS POINT. :eek: Don't spray anything on them at this point as that could damage or endanger the buds.

keep on keeping on, you are in the final stretch :) get you a magnifying glass that is strong, or a jeweler's loupe, or order a MJ microscope, and start looking at the trics from this point on. They will tell you when she is ready ;)

:) Thank you.... i usually post late at night as thats when my lights fire on and i can do things if needed so sometimes its hard to get an answer cus' most ppl wont see my posts till the next day and then its not on the new post list, so anyhow thanxs for getting back.
I was reading up on the later stages of life for MJ and managed to convince myself that there is nothing to worry about. The material i read explained alot of things i didnt think of ,such as the way the plant uses food at different stages of life. And it also explained that the reasons the leaves yellow as the final traces of N are used up. Yes, they are fattening now and some hairs are browning, But i don't see the trichs in the quantities i expected. That is, because this is a reveg i got to see it essentially all the way through the bud process and when it was close to reverting back to veg , the plant was THICK in trichs . It stunk ,and stuck to your skin when touched. But this time when i want to see that, it does'nt seem to be happening as before. Or am i justr impatient? Maybe they will pop up in the near future huh?

In fact to show you what i mean i found an old pic when it was reverting and you can clearly see frost from 4 ft away. I'm not seeing that level yet.

DSCI0004.JPG

I forgot to answer your ??
My nutrients are from a local hydro store, their own blend. Veg is 3.1.3 and bloom 0.2.3 i use 3ml per litre in veg and then adding part 2(bloom)at 7ml per litre . I also use a root enhancer and a bloom boost( head masta),and cal-mag as i use spring/RO water.Oh and lately molasses as well.
i have a magnify glass but i might look into a proper microscope. I hear that radio shack has good ones.

Sure , triple post why don't i? i'm bored and thought i'de share.

DSCI0002blo.JPG

DSCI0004bl.JPG

DSCI0003b.JPG

DSCI0001.JPG

Hey those nugs look real good. I think you are a bit early on seeing the amount of trics that you saw before. keep waiting as they will really start popping trics here towards the end.

I see now the problem that you are having with the yellowing from lack of nitrogen. Your bloom feed has no nitrogen in it. At this point I hesitate to say add a little because that may slow down the flowering process, and since you are in the final stretch, you don't want to disturb that.

On your next grow, I would say add in the fish goo now as they are in veg and will use it for plant building. Just be careful not to add too much at one time and burn them. Also when you switch the new ones to flower, add one last dose of fish goo along with the bloom nutes to give them a good nitrogen boost for the flowering phase, then just the bloom nutes after that.

At this point your old girl is gonna get ugly from robbing nitrogen from the leaves to feed the blooms but don't let that scare you. She will probably even look like a scarecrow by the time she finishes but the buds will be grrreeat :) It will be interesting to see just how much dry weight you end up with from that plant.

If you want a good jeweler's loupe (which I think will be the easiest to use for checking trics) look at discount hydro.com, I just ordered one from them for like $14. They are easier to handle than the microscopes, and you don't have to touch the plants. ;)

:icon_smile:
Well now i'm pleased. In earlier posts i was goin on about some new strains i might like to try. Final ticket is, tomorrow i will be picking up an aliendog clone. I'm not sure if this is a popular strain or even heard of BUT from what i learned it is a cross chemdog/alien technology. I find this particularly interesting because it was also explained that alien tech comes from Afganistan and was brought to the Us/Can by the soldiers over there at war. War on drugs indeed.;)

That blows my mind as my lil brother is a marine also.

Also , check this out! I read the diy bubble cloner and whipped one together. I only really want 1-2 plants so its small, tell me if any problems are obvoius. Or did i di it right the first time? Straws are split down the length and the water is just for test purposes ,from the sink.

DSCI0006.JPG

DSCI0002.JPG

There is one problem with that cloner my friend. You will be placing straight stems within the holes that hold the straws(no problem there) but when the cuttings start rooting you will have to pull them back through those little holes. Doing that you run a serious risk of damaging the roots right where they attach to the stem.

I saw someone on here had the same type of setup and they made the holes about 1" in diameter and wrapped each cutting in the thin poly packing material that is kind of like bubble-wrap but with micro bubbles. By wrapping the stem in that he was able to build up to the size of the hole to hold the stem and then have enough room to remove the clone with roots.

Other than that, your micro-cloner is ideal. I think I might build me one for doing special clone situations where I don't want to run the big cloner.

Latest posts

Back