help the lama quit smoking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lordhighlama said:
:holysheep: ROTFLMAO...

That's a great idea spearchucker,, I love golf and play as often as possible. I think I put down around 150 rounds of golf this season. Sadly though the golf season just ended around these parts.

I guess I'll have to ask the wife if she can open up the back nine. :D

Be careful. I quit when getting married. Ended up with 3 kids before even married 3 years.

Season for golf has usually ended by now here. But we are getting a 70+ degree day here and there. So Im out there. Anyday above 60 and sunny I dont mind playin.
Im thinking about trying bowling some. I have fun when I do go with friends and play. Might sign up for a league.

Oh man spearchucker I would love to see a day above 60 right now. Getting darn right cold around here. Bowling is fun, I pick up a winter pool league that me and a few of my buddies play in together. So that occupies my thursday nights. You should sign up for the bowling league, makes for some good times.

As for the kids,, yikes... don't need any of those yet. 2 young yet to take that step. Besides my 2 dogs are already a handful.

Good luck hope every things works out for you in the end!!! Ill take an extra hit just for you next time i have a session.

I applaud you for looking out for you and your family first..However this cold be a scare tactic as well...They say they are going to in order to see who freaks out,,but like HIPPY said giveing ya a 30 day window..they must feell a lot of their staff smoke...There are many ways around pee tests..but if ya gotta quit ill tell ya you better gt rid of every piece of bud ya have..way to tempting for me...also cleanall your utensils ss as not to have anything to fall back on..If this is truely what ya want...im here to help support. Good luck and Ill be falloing your progress..Take care and be safe

I've been dealing with randumb drug tests for the last 15 yrs. You are right to clean out for your first one to see how the game is played. I have yet to have a job physicaly watch me pee. I keep a pill bottle full of clean urine in my tool bag. I get a fresh sample about every other week. If there is a thermometer on the side of the cup, just pee in it to bring up temp, dump your urine out and re-fill with clean. The thermometer will stay at the temp that was originally in there. I used to have time to stop at a local gas station, get a cup of hot water to drop my pill bottle in, then they changed it up on us and came into the shop, thats when I decided to try the pee and dump idea, I mean at that point what did I have to lose. Most places give you an amount of time to clean up after one dirty, but they sometimes make you attend drug counceling, which is time consuming, and sometimes costly, definately boreing. RanDUMB testing is so bias basically they are saying it's ok if you do all the drugs that are out of your system quickly, but if you use the most harmless med of all you are a target, because it sticks so long. Good Luck Bud!

lordhighlama said:
not trying to offend any union employee's just peeved that they had so much power during there yearly negotiations that they were able to force drug tests onto us non-union employees.

I have never heard of anything like that with our union..I wasnt offended lol...I am just in it so the managers dont get u over...

4u2sm0ke said:
I applaud you for looking out for you and your family first..However this cold be a scare tactic as well...They say they are going to in order to see who freaks out,,but like HIPPY said giveing ya a 30 day window..they must feell a lot of their staff smoke...There are many ways around pee tests..but if ya gotta quit ill tell ya you better gt rid of every piece of bud ya have..way to tempting for me...also cleanall your utensils ss as not to have anything to fall back on..If this is truely what ya want...im here to help support. Good luck and Ill be falloing your progress..Take care and be safe

I sure hope it's a scare tactic,, but I'll still sleep better at night knowing that I will be clean for the first test in January!

As for getting rid of all my bud, that could happen but I am growing right now and don't wan't to give up on them at this point. :rolleyes: That is what will be the hardest for me I think. :hubba:

legalize_freedom said:
I've been dealing with randumb drug tests for the last 15 yrs. You are right to clean out for your first one to see how the game is played. I have yet to have a job physicaly watch me pee. I keep a pill bottle full of clean urine in my tool bag. I get a fresh sample about every other week. If there is a thermometer on the side of the cup, just pee in it to bring up temp, dump your urine out and re-fill with clean. The thermometer will stay at the temp that was originally in there. I used to have time to stop at a local gas station, get a cup of hot water to drop my pill bottle in, then they changed it up on us and came into the shop, thats when I decided to try the pee and dump idea, I mean at that point what did I have to lose. Most places give you an amount of time to clean up after one dirty, but they sometimes make you attend drug counceling, which is time consuming, and sometimes costly, definately boreing. RanDUMB testing is so bias basically they are saying it's ok if you do all the drugs that are out of your system quickly, but if you use the most harmless med of all you are a target, because it sticks so long. Good Luck Bud!

great idea's lf,, sounds like you've got your system figured out. How often do you seem to get popped with a random?

I couldn't do this without completely shaking up the ego. If you wake up everyday and have the same cup of coffee while looking at the same paper then drive the same route to work your body is going to want the same smoke when you get home, etc. Do EVERYTHING differently. Freak that ego out. It's easy for the mind to focus on the change that happens when we quite something we love. To focus on the feelings of withdrawl or change. To obsess over what we dont have. But if everything is in a state of change the ego won't know what the heck is going on and thus won't be able to focus on the emptiness left from the quitting.
Good luck! lots of support here..

lama, with the economy the way it is, we have only been hit 2 times this yr. And I honestly don't think that the random part of it is so random with most of the shops I have worked for. They do seem to target the people who are generally the screw-off types, or attendence problem types. I really think that most ranDUMB drug testing policies are in place to help give the employer a way out if they are unhappy with your work. I seldom see the "model" employee's getting dropped. Good Luck to you, you know they have the "quick flush" in most head shops, you just have to be sure that you are not TOO clean. I have pee'd too clean before, and had to retest for a pre-employment exam, I didn't eat anything, so my urine was totaly cleaned, no vitamins or anything. With the flushes they say to eat a package of salted peanuts, and take a multi vitamin. Again, Good Luck!

With the good economy I believe we got dropped quarterly, and maybe 5% were tested...I'm not really sure. Any injury that is reported to workmans comp results in a urine test. That is really why I keep the jar around, in my line of work you never know when you could get a good cut, something in your eye, or smash a body part. I have not been chosen for a random for a long time, probably over a yr.

interesting stuff lf,, thanks for the info.

mb : seems like totally mucking up the routine could help. But then I might just be a complete mess. lol

Day 2 : I realize that I sleep like absolute crap without my nightly puff session. Maybe I am addicted to this stuff,, hum?

Best of luck Llama,
People thought the Reagan era was tough on smokers because of the urine tests. I was in the millitary at the time and every time you'd turn around some medic would be handing you a cup to fill. But now it's going to be so much worse. The new health care bill, in it's current form, requires, yes "requires", random drug tests for anyone recieving insurrance coverage through thier employer, union or not. Basicly what it comes down to is the only people who will be smoking any more will be the ill, the unemployed, and the self-employed ( thankfully, I'm self employed, no I'm not a dealer).
This little tid bit of freedom stealing garbage was inserted by southern Democrats who are opposed to medical marijuana and see this as a means by wich they can curtail the innevitable legalization of the evil weed.

I get pe'd by the VA all the time, but I could give them cold urine the way they run things, They have me pee (put my girlfriends sample) in a cup, and then I personally put it in a fridge for further testing. I will never stop smoking, I can't afford their health insurance anyway. And God help us if the government starts running it, If the VA is anything like what our Gov't health care will be like. They screw up my scripts every 2 months, I have to spend a day in the hospital to fix things. If they can't take care of their veterans I don't see how they think they can care for the whole country.

What do you do for a living? If your needed where you live then your probably needed in Canada! Move here get the same kind of job and then NO WORRIES!

God its great to be Canadian!!!

Good Luck Friend hope it all works out for ya.

Cheers!!!

The last time that I was up in Canada (toronto) I thought about finding a job. The laws are so much more relaxed, and the people are friendly. In a Big city in the US, people just walk right by each other, no eye contact. In Toronto, I was constantly told good morning, etc. What shocked me was in the seed shop I was in, The guy had a Vaperizor, This was back when the Volcano, had just come out. The guy behind the counter is like, "do you want to try it?"....and Pulls out this beautiful, neon green bud with orange hairs all over. Right in the head shop/ seed shop, we're getting baked! Never in America. So I ask some old guy in a resteraunt, who has been telling me Jokes for the last 1/2 hr, "what do I have to do to become a citizen," He says" Just don't go home, I'll sponsor you"...lol I Love Canada!

cubby said:
Best of luck Llama,
People thought the Reagan era was tough on smokers because of the urine tests. I was in the millitary at the time and every time you'd turn around some medic would be handing you a cup to fill. But now it's going to be so much worse. The new health care bill, in it's current form, requires, yes "requires", random drug tests for anyone recieving insurrance coverage through thier employer, union or not. Basicly what it comes down to is the only people who will be smoking any more will be the ill, the unemployed, and the self-employed ( thankfully, I'm self employed, no I'm not a dealer).
This little tid bit of freedom stealing garbage was inserted by southern Democrats who are opposed to medical marijuana and see this as a means by wich they can curtail the innevitable legalization of the evil weed.

You wouldnt happen to have a link to that in the document, would you? I have looked all over that bill and cant find bupkiss regarding drug testing. I have heard it from others, but until i see it with my own eyes, I dont believe it.

degenerative_disc said:
What do you do for a living? If your needed where you live then your probably needed in Canada! Move here get the same kind of job and then NO WORRIES!

God its great to be Canadian!!!

Good Luck Friend hope it all works out for ya.

Cheers!!!

I'm a Civil Engineer.

Canada would be great and man I would love being able to toke when I choose, but 4 now my roots r planted a little to deep to dig up right now. ;)

By the way I pulled a pretty bone head move this weekend watching football with a few buddies...

yep u guessed it time to start the clock over again. :eek: :rolleyes:

As of today I haven't smoked since sunday. lol

Your a lucky man to have a good job. If you put your mind to it you can quit. But to what some of the others said, try to stay away from other smokers. Thats what my down fall usually is. Man Ive been looking for a job for like a month now and havent had one call back yet :cry: Its actually really starting to get depressing. Anyways... Good luck to you sir.

I have been on parole for ten years (don't ask, it's bad. I use to be a 1st class a-hole). You're best bet is to always stop first, and figure out what the deal is. I've changed agents five times, and every time I stop for three or four months to see how they are going to act. I've also worked two jobs that had random, but they were always temp positions, since I have no college education I can always find a job making peanuts.

I need sixty hours to prepare for a test, using the pills I take (masking agent). But, I have friends that are truck drivers, and my state requires those working as CDL drivers get randoms. Two of these guys are smokers, and they use a powder packet that screws with the test. They keep it in their wallet, and always watch for them pulling guys in, since they sometimes make you empty your pockets. One of them has problems with the lab knowing that the sample is messed with, but he just quits and buys a seven day detox from GNC after the test, because he knows that they'll retest him in less than two weeks.

You're right in your thinking. Stop, see what the score is, then you can pick your spots. They say random, but a lot of companies in my are ALWAYS test after a vacation or holiday.

I hate to say it, but they have some stuff called spice. I won't use it since no one knows what's in it, but smoke reports indicate pot like effects. If you're really struggling to stay clean, it's an option.

Latest posts

Back