What do you say to people who question how much you smoke?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozzydiodude said:
:confused2: sure your not 14yrs old?
That's really unneeded.
I may not be being as mature as I could be right now but what I've been through the past two weeks I'm pretty much at my tipping point.

Finding out my brothers girlfriend went missing.
Having a so called fried steal and pawn my things the day I left for Colorado.
Worrying about my brother killing himself over what happened.
Now my mom using me as her personal punching bag.
The one person in my life who understands me and makes life happy is in jail for something he didn't even do.

So yes, I'm super high super often because I dont want to be aware of anything.

I never smoked this much until recently.
I usually only smoked at night and on the weekends.

When you start looking to mj or any drug to hide from the real world. It's time to step back and look at yourself and not cry "pity me everyone's against me".

SkysTheLimit24 said:
That's really unneeded.
I may not be being as mature as I could be right now but what I've been through the past two weeks I'm pretty much at my tipping point.

Finding out my brothers girlfriend went missing.
Having a so called fried steal and pawn my things the day I left for Colorado.
Worrying about my brother killing himself over what happened.
Now my mom using me as her personal punching bag.
The one person in my life who understands me and makes life happy is in jail for something he didn't even do.

So yes, I'm super high super often because I dont want to be aware of anything.

I never smoked this much until recently.
I usually only smoked at night and on the weekends.

In your first post, the first thing you said was "I smoke as long as I'm not at work. So does my boyfriend.".

I think you're in denial about why you smoke, how much you smoke, and for how long you've been smoking heavily.

Ask yourself how much money you have saved in a 401k and in a regular bank vs. how much you spend on marijuana (and alcohol, cigarettes, etc.).

At your young age, and with all the good things in life ahead of you, like a family and career and children, save your money and use marijuana only as a recreational thing; the same concept as a beer after work, a glass of wine with dinner, or an occasional sleep aid. There will be a time in your life when you can get ripped every night. Later in life.

Your mom uses you as her personal punching bag? This is the 1st time you've said she was abusive if I remember right. If its really the case then maybe staying high constantly, let alone bring there, isn't a very good choice on your part. Sounds like you should have been staying at his parents the whole time..?

You are 24, do you have your own place? Your own job? You might need to concentrate on making you better instead of your mom..it is her house.

When people ask me how much I smoke, i ask them how much they weigh? It only works if they are heavy.lol

If anyone were to comment on how much I smoke I would just say "until you start supplying it, don't worry about it".

as to the OP;

Your boyfriend didn't go to jail for a traffic ticket, that just doesn't happen.
If you get a ticket the process is very simple;
If you were in the wrong, you pay it,
If you were in the right, you fight it in court (and then you pay it...usually)
But if you choose to ignore these 2 options and just blow it off...that's what lands people in jail.
It's not the ticket, it's how you deal with it, that determines whether or not you end up in a cage.

This whole event is the result of immaturity.

I believe you already know this, but are unwilling to accept it.

I want to add that life is full of challenges and using marijuana (or any other drug) to try and cope with them is never a good idea.

I'm with Cubby on the traffic ticket--there has to be more to the story then you are saying. However, he is going to be out in a week or so--so get a grip. This is a minor thing in the whole scope of things. I'm sorry your friend stole and pawned some of your stuff, but it is just stuff. Your brother needs to see a counselor. If your mom is hitting you, leave or call the police. If you stay and put up with physical abuse, what is wrong with you? You should be making your own self happy. Happiness has to come from within. Anytime someone else is responsible for your "happiness", you are living in an artificial world that could break apart at any time. I agree with Auburn that you are in denial about how much you smoke and why.

If you are miserable at your moms, you will most likely be miserable at your in-laws. I think that you need to grow up and try looking at the world through adult eyes. Did you do anything to help your mom out while you were there or were you just another person to feed and clean up for? I'm guessing the latter. What you are "going through" is not unusual and you will meet many such unfavorable things like these in your lifetime. Start learning how to deal with it now.

We might all the smokers and growers. But we all don't live only for marijuana. And if you live only to be getting high and getting through your day then you need to look at something else for you.

This is a site chock full of middle age and older women with children. You probably won't get a lot of sympathy here.

And I could do eight days standing on my head.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I want to add that life is full of challenges and using marijuana (or any other drug) to try and cope with them is never a good idea.

I'm with Cubby on the traffic ticket--there has to be more to the story then you are saying. However, he is going to be out in a week or so--so get a grip. This is a minor thing in the whole scope of things. I'm sorry your friend stole and pawned some of your stuff, but it is just stuff. Your brother needs to see a counselor. If your mom is hitting you, leave or call the police. If you stay and put up with physical abuse, what is wrong with you? You should be making your own self happy. Happiness has to come from within. Anytime someone else is responsible for your "happiness", you are living in an artificial world that could break apart at any time. I agree with Auburn that you are in denial about how much you smoke and why.

If you are miserable at your moms, you will most likely be miserable at your in-laws. I think that you need to grow up and try looking at the world through adult eyes. Did you do anything to help your mom out while you were there or were you just another person to feed and clean up for? I'm guessing the latter. What you are "going through" is not unusual and you will meet many such unfavorable things like these in your lifetime. Start learning how to deal with it now.

I've gone grocery shopping for her, some of her laundry. I've been cooking.
I've been taking their dog out with my dogs.
Like I've been helping out. Like being the DD for my underage brother to ease her worries about him going out and getting sloshed.

All for the evening smoke, but if going to be with my mom, I don't, just because I love her and she thinks I'm wasting myself by getting high instead of applying myself at meaningful endeavors Its all good I can give her a little straight time I havda give it to the boss. My mom is much more important.

HappyHead said:
Are you enabling your underage brother to be getting intoxicated? :cool:

You are not responsible for anyone except for you (and your children if applicable ) .....

I did some reading on Codependency recently, and I wonder if you have a little of that going around in your life? It can be intoxicating in itself!

Please tell your brother to stop drinking, especially if he is "underage" or a minor.

Wishing you luck ~

My mom buys him alcohol.
I have been going with him so he gets home safe.
It may be legal where I am but I still try not to travel with it. So I'll go and not smoke.

I can't tell him what to do, he won't listen right now all I can do is make sure he stays safe. He's 19 so he's not a minor but my mom is the one buying him stuff.

She doesn't really care that I smoke but keeps asking me if I think I smoke too much.
I don't think I do. I'm just smoking even more now because I'm not working and I'm on vacation and she's annoying and it makes this whole trip less stressful.

I wish we had a train wreck smiley....................

Rosebud said:
You are 24, do you have your own place? Your own job? You might need to concentrate on making you better instead of your mom..it is her house.

When people ask me how much I smoke, i ask them how much they weigh? It only works if they are heavy.lol

Yes. CO is home, always will be.
The boyfriend and I moved away from home back in March, I had been living with him 3 years before that, I haven't lived with my mom in years.

My brothers girlfriend went missing earlier this month and was found dead two days later, she had committed suicide.
DB and I drove out here immediately to be with my family.
I start a new job when I get back to TN where I live now.

He's taking care of an issue that we couldn't take care of before we left.

So not only have I wrung myself through the emotional wringer of watching my brother go through what he's going through. I'm an empathetic person, it rips me apart but I miss my boyfriend pretty hardcore, I'm lost without him, we're out of cash, my puppy is sick and needs to go to the vet, my mom is a royal ***** and won't just leave me be.

So yes I'm smoking heavier.
And yes, he's doing 10 days for reckless, which is in my state a traffic offense with 10 days min, it's a small *** mountain town, they're sucking us dry over this.

I am sorry for you brother, suicide is the cruelest thing for the people left behind. It is very hard to deal with and can take years to be at peace with.
I hope he can find peace sooner then that.

You do need to deal with the "lost without my boyfriend" stuff. Men leave sweetheart, they die, they go to war, in your case they go to jail. You need to be your own person without him, then when you come together you are a whole person, not a half with out him. Women are strong. You are learning that now. You will be stronger. Sorry about no money and your dog. That sucks when you can't take of your dog. Maybe you shouldn't have a dog if he/she needs care you can't afford? Harsh huh, sorry.

Give your mom a break, her son's girlfriend just committed suicide, her daughters boy friend is in jail and her daughter is smoking so much pot she is worried about you.
I send my hugs to you and I am sorry you have to grow up now, it is not easy.

I say Smoke all the herb you want....with the issues your goin' thru...at least you ain't smoking crack.

Sorry Hal, but I have to strongly disagree. This gal is going through life. Period. She needs to learn how to deal with stuff like this without crawling somewhere and hiding her head. I don't want to "start comparing troubles", but I'm sure that most of us have gone through just as bad and come out stronger. When I was her age I had 2 children and had just divorced my alcoholic husband who had.....you get the idea.

I'm with Rosebud, this may sound harsh, but what you are going through is just life. Suicide is hard to deal with, I understand that, so why not be there for your brother rather than thinking only about YOU. Your boyfriend obviously was driving in a reckless manner--it had to be bad to go to jail for 10 days.

You have a family, you have a home, you have a job to go back to. In other words, you are not friendless, jobless, and living on the street with no hope for anything better. Quit rolling around in misery and feeling sorry for yourself. All we have heard is poor little you. What about your brother, what about your mother? If you try to help them both out and quit thinking that you are so picked on, you might just find that you learn something. I know it is harsh, but this is life sweetie and it doesn't get any easier. The only real tragedy here and the only thing that should concern you is your brother's loss and helping him cope with it. This is NOT about YOU!

I doubt that you have insurance but I think you should go talk to a doc. about depression and all the things you have going on. Take care of yourself and then try to help others. You should try to get your brother to stop drinking and start smoking. Way less chance to die. You know how much your smoking and if its too much or not. I do agree though that you are way too dependent on the boyfriend. Live YOUR life for you, not for others. I hope all works out for ya. Take care. :)

Latest posts

Back