Hot climate outdoor grow journal. seeded 28th June

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Budders

I rockwool cube planted 4 more seeds for my hot outdoor grow journal on Tuesday and 3 of them have all grown to about 2 inches already.
On close inspection of the 4 the seed cube i noticed what appeared to be the growth without the cotyledon leaves. Using a magnifying glass i noticed it was in fact the tap root going upwards!!! Fortunatley undamaged.

With a gental cesarean operation on the rockwool cube i extracted not only 1 baby but 2!!! from one seed, BARGAIN..

They are proudly now in their new incubators (peat pots). Roots looked ok.

Never seen this before The strain is power plant 100% fem.
I hope they both ARE girls!!

I wonder how they will end up???

I will add more to my hot outdoor grow journal later with pics of the other seedlings

Nico

The Super Silver Haze and Royal Haze seeds sprouted 1 week ago and have been transplanted with the rockwool into larger pots. They have managed to take 85f air temp temperatures OK and seemed to be very heathy UNTIL today when I was taking photos of them.

I noticed today small drying of the tips on both plants which can be seen in the pictures. And the SSH plant is growing very slowly in comparison to the Royal Haze. Is this just a trend in the different strains?

What is causing the tips to go off colour? I am wondering whether it is over watering? I water when the top 2 inches feels dry but I thought that maybe the rockwool is holding the water for longer? The PH seems to be ok and I havent used any NUTes yet.

I bought some Bio-Canna for vegative growth today
which has 10%N/7%P/9%K

Do I use it yet or wait for the soil to finish its ferts which is compo sana universal. containing.

5-6.5 PH,
200-450mg/l Nitrogen,
200-500mg/l Phos,
300-550mg/l Potas
It also comes with pre mixed Perlite.

Suggetions and advise from all you gods out there. Thanks

SSH supersilbverhaze12july.jpg Opium opiumjuly12.jpg

Below New seedlings Power Plant, Royal Haze and Hawiian Snow and of course the twins which are incubating at the mo on life support!!

pprhhs12july.jpg

I got the seeds mixed up during germination so the twins are either PP or Royal Haze as is one of my rockwool cubes. DOH!!!
I wonder if I can tell by the stemcolour or leaf shape?

Thanks for all the help so far.
Nico

FROM HICKS

I wouldn't even consider any nutes on those babies for 'at least' a couple of weeks. The browning/crispness around the edge, could be nitrogen burn, already. Seedlings can't take a lot of nutrients.
Your soil ph "needs" to be in the 6.0-7.0 range. Outside of those parimeters, you start haveing problems.
Adding 1 teaspoon of dolomite lime per 1 gallon of soil, will "buffer" your ph. The lime works continuosly to neutralize your ph at 7.0, AND provides magnesium. Mix the lime into your soil before transplanting next time. It works wonders.

My Reply
Thanks Hicks

So Poss N burn from the potting medium? I havent added any yet.

Can I add your response to my grow jiurnal It may help others
Thnaks

From Hicks
I can't say "positively" nute burn, but is my initial guess, it could be due to your ph or simple stress from the transplant. Seedlings are sensetive.
Sure, you can add my response.

Nico said:
FROM HICKS

I wouldn't even consider any nutes on those babies for 'at least' a couple of weeks. The browning/crispness around the edge, could be nitrogen burn, already. Seedlings can't take a lot of nutrients.
Your soil ph "needs" to be in the 6.0-7.0 range. Outside of those parimeters, you start haveing problems.
Adding 1 teaspoon of dolomite lime per 1 gallon of soil, will "buffer" your ph. The lime works continuosly to neutralize your ph at 7.0, AND provides magnesium. Mix the lime into your soil before transplanting next time. It works wonders.

My Reply
Thanks Hicks

So Poss N burn from the potting medium? I havent added any yet.

Can I add your response to my grow jiurnal It may help others
Thnaks

From Hicks
I can't say "positively" nute burn, but is my initial guess, it could be due to your ph or simple stress from the transplant. Seedlings are sensetive.
Sure, you can add my response.

Transplanted directly with the rockwool cubes. So I'm not sure if the roots would get stressed?

Update for July 23rd

Temp 90f day 68f night.

Opium...
opium23jul.jpg
Had a few starting troubles getting the PH correct but now its really taken off. Noticed white fly on it yesterday and dusted the 3 or 4 off and moved all plants upto the upstairs roof balcony.

Super Silver Haze...
ssh23jul.jpg
Caterpiller attack and destroyed most of the young leaves and bent the stem to breaking point. I released the catapillar in my neigbours garden.
To repair it I treated the bend/break with a little rooting powder and mounted soil up to the base of the cotyledens to support the broken stem. 1 week later it is now starting to grow again!! All be it slowly.

Update for Hawaain Snow, Power Plant and Royal Haze

10 Days after sprouting

Hawaain Snow...
hs23jul.jpg
All seems OK​

Royal Haze...

rh23jul.jpg
As the description on the seed site says Compact and fast growing, very tight internodes.​

Power Plant...
pp23jul.jpg

Slow to start as you would expect from a mostly Sativa Plant But so far OK.​

I will transplant these 3 to there big pots in a couple of days and watch out for white fly!!!

Twins Update

One past on may it she rest in peace the other is still small but I think she will recover and be a surprise. Fingers Crossed.

Any Comments Appreciated.

Nico

:fly: Smoke and Fly

28 August update

Great progress!! Everything seems to be going ok apart from a little white fly!!

I went away for 10 days and arranged for a friend to water and fert them.

I use a weak solution of Bio-Canna veg Ferts which are totaly organic.
And use it every 8 to 10 days or so.

I was amased on my return of the size of the Super silver haze plant. Originally it had a broken stem and was the smallest. If you read back to the last update you will see that I put rooting powder on the break and it recovered, it obviously now has two rootin systems as it is going mad in growth!! Now at 20 inches, amazing.

Opium..
opium288.jpg

Super silver Haze
ssh288.jpg

Power Plant
pp288.jpg

Hawaain Snow
hs288.jpg

Royal Haze
roh288.jpg

Just notice what looks like flowering beginning on the Opium and SSH.
Hope they are Female.

Good Luck All

Nico

:watchplant:

Pics of alternating Node and Young female flower from my Opium Cannabiis plant.

Zoom for more detail
Alternating Node

alternate.jpg

Baby Female Flowers

flower.jpg

Zoom in for trichomes

Hope this helps all beginners​

Best of luck all​

Nico​

Hi all

All 5 plants have been sexed and are all females... Hooray...

They are being fed with flowering organic ferts 1/2 strength twice a week and have really taken off since my last update... Fert comp is 4/8/12 NPK with all the added sub butes included in the mix. Manufacturer Bio-Canna.

Some of the closeup pics can be downloaded on and zoomed in to actually see the Sticky Trichomes starting to appear.

This was a late start.. The Super silver haze and Opium Seeds were bought from a seed bank on the 28th of June and a week later 3 other seeds of a different strain. So therefore the plants are now ranging from 4 feet 6 to 2 feet 3. The harvest in a month or so will not be a huge yield due to the late start.

I have just purchased a handheld Microscope 40x to 100x from ebay for a mere 15 dollars including delivery to Spain. I will use this to monitore the evolution of the Trichomes to ensure perfect strength.

Pics

Super silver haze Seeded 28/6​
ssh19sep.jpg

Opium Seeded 28/6​
Opiumsept19.jpg

Power Plant Seeded 4/7​
pp199.jpg

Hawiaan Snow Seeded 4/7​
hs199.jpg

Royal Haze Seeded 4/7​
rhsept19.jpg

Some closeup flower pics of the Royal Haze... ZOOM IN.

rhcola.jpg..........rhtop2.jpg..........rhclose.jpg

Best of luck

Comments appreciated..

Nico

Everything is looking great Nico. :aok: The ladies are looking nice and healthy just what ya want. ;) Are you gonna have enough time to finish them ladies outside?

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Everything is looking great Nico. :aok: The ladies are looking nice and healthy just what ya want. ;) Are you gonna have enough time to finish them ladies outside?

I think so. Southern Spain stays warm in the day right through to early November.

It averages 30 day and 18 at night at the moment .

My concern will be the Super Silver Haze and Hawiian Snow both are high Sativa strains so take longer. But they are both mature and flowering!!.. I have switched to flowering ferts to help them along. Fingers crossed..

Thanks for the input

Nico

looking good NICO, and all girls, good for u mate, i hope you enjoy the smoke as much as you enjoyed seeing them first little buds :)

keep up the good work man.

85C

Just a quick update..
Off to a local racing circuit to put my skills to the test after 2 years layoff for a serious bike crash..

Rushed out and adjusted my Nute regime today and got a high P organic fert.
Shall see how they go in a few days..Although the organic stuff I have been using seems ok..

Here are the latest pics. One week later!!! Massive gain. Most of the strains I have are recommended harvest in late oct to early Nov.. Good job it is warm here in spain!!

Tou can see that the sativas.. HS and SSH are flowering but well behind the others.

Hight wise for a clue the wall is 4ft 6 tall.

All Plants................................... all279p.jpg

Left to right from above pic.

Super Silver haze....... ssh279p.jpg Opium.........Opium279p.jpg

Hawaiian Snow.......... hs279p.jpg Power Plant pp279p.jpg

Royale haze......................................rh279p.jpg
Almost a huge cola on its own!! Nearly 2 feet now...

Its getting to the end of the season for outdoor growers in the northern Hemisphere.. Just to say I have enjoyed writing this journal.. When it is all over I may even start an 1st time indoor Journal.. Good luck southern hem peoples!!

Christmas is coming ant the buds are getting fat... Sorry thanksgiving to you americans!! :hubba:

Nico

they look great Nico how much longer you think for the lil 1, i you got a lil ways for the others

BluntFullOfKush said:
they look great Nico how much longer you think for the lil 1, i you got a lil ways for the others

Thanks Blunt..

I guess around 2 weeks or so.. for the Royal Haze.. I Have a handheld microscope coming in the post. will check then..

Some of the early Trics are already milky but i'm not going to be fooled in thinking the rest are.. Microscopes rule as far as knowing when...

Nico

Pics to come I have some great harvset pics

So far 8 oz dried bud. 3 ounces Skuff. Biggest plant yet to be cut

I have harvested 4 out of 5 plants now. Dried trimmed buds with a fan in a dark room for 7 days. Some Now in bags being aired. Others curing!

I have harvested mine at different stages of tricome colour.

1st plant 70% milky 30% clear.. a nice light up high.
2nd all milky. much stronger up high
3rd 20% amber 80% milky even stronger up and a little body high
4th 50% amber/milky as you would expect stron both ways.
5th TBA will wait until 70% amber 30% milky..
Its still growing in November! and is very late flowering sativa strain Super silver haze. was worried for a bit as not much smell last week. Now it is stinking. So I am happier.

Nico

How did I miss this one? Very nice plants and choices on the strains. Standing by for harvest pics. Thanks for sharing your plants.

PB:)

Latest posts

Back