16 oz. Cup Grows

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was up the other night, and the idea hit me, I wonder if someone has ever tried to use differnt sound freqences to grow plants. There was this program called Sonic Bloom, it was sposed to work. I tried to find out more info but i think its really old an there was nothing about it. Anyone have any idea on that?

verikia said:
I was up the other night, and the idea hit me, I wonder if someone has ever tried to use differnt sound freqences to grow plants. There was this program called Sonic Bloom, it was sposed to work. I tried to find out more info but i think its really old an there was nothing about it. Anyone have any idea on that?

This will trip you out!!!!
Funny you say that, last night i was having a massive skunk with some of my mates that grow. We started talking about playing music to our plants :p .
We then all went inside, and i **** you not, we turned on the TV and there was a show called "Myth Busters" on. This show aims on busting myths, (quite simple, lol).
On the show last night they had a thoery that heavy metal music makes plants grow faster. It dosnt.... BUT.. any music or noise at all makes plants grow lager and faster.

I dont watch daytime TV, only listen to music, maybe that could explain my plants :D
Not a word of a lie...
Cheers...
Kbomb..

Well, I have 2 sprouts. :)

P1010019.JPG

lol, that show is the best. I think i might have seen that one. But ya, i wonder what the mars volta will do for plants? you ever hear of them?

verikia said:
But ya, i wonder what the mars volta will do for plants?

Make them commit suicide. Same thing as I would do if I had to listen to them. :D

TheStickyIcky said:
Make them commit suicide. Same thing as I would do if I had to listen to them. :D

ROFL, i agree with sticky. Turn my plants all emo and hermies! :shocked:

Just on this topic, apparently if you get really stoned you exhale a more condensed type of carb/m and plants love the stuff. Dont smoke near your plants, ciggys or hooch, that will stunt them. Get ripped, hang the hammock up in the grow room and crank up some funky tunes. :D

Cheers...
Kbomb..

Sticky doesn't like them cause I used to put this one song from them on repeat when he was in college and we were roommates in the dorm... The Mars Volta have been going straight to the toliet since de loused (which is their best album by FAR).

THE MARS VOLTA-DELOUSED IN THE COMATORIUM-INTERGALACTIC E.S.P.

The song that makes me want to punch babies.

My set up is complete...:)
My 2 beans are cracked and buried alive......
I got 2 Blumats to water/feed my plants , they keep the soil damp so as I dont have a water/electric problem.....BOOM.....hehe
Part from that I just gotta relax....I'll turn the juice on when I see green.

P7177096.JPG

P7197101.JPG

OK.. I'm in.. I have ONE purple seed from bag left. Might as well get "her" started for the spring crop..crossing my fingers here.... 16 oz plastic cup and soil..... one seed...
Hang on let me take a bong hit first.. gotta get motivated...
Good Luck everyone....
july19 planted.jpg

TheStickyIcky said:
THE MARS VOLTA-DELOUSED IN THE COMATORIUM-INTERGALACTIC E.S.P.

The song that makes me want to punch babies.

LOL thats funny. I just love to get stoned an put it on the surround sound i have in my room... super trippy. I love to freak out my friends with them cause of all the crazy sound effects they got going. I was hanging out with my ex one night and we smoked and i put on frances the mute, and she went insane, shes like MY BODY HATES THIS MUSIC and had to left the room.

well 1 of my babies popped soil tonight after I got off work. The other one has popped yet but I'd imagine it'll pop tomorrow sometime. I have to go in for first shift tomorrow so I'll take pics after I get off.

My babies after poppin' soil 2 days ago. They are just some bagseed I saved :banana:.

Photo0013.jpg

Photo0012.jpg

KBOMB said:
This will trip you out!!!!
Funny you say that, last night i was having a massive skunk with some of my mates that grow. We started talking about playing music to our plants.

We then all went inside, and i **** you not, we turned on the TV and there was a show called "Myth Busters" on. This show aims on busting myths, (quite simple, lol).

On the show last night they had a thoery that heavy metal music makes plants grow faster. It dosnt.... BUT.. any music or noise at all makes plants grow lager and faster.

Some plants respond to vibration. Only extremely delicate plants have any reaction to music at any human tolerated level.

Here's a small amount of info:

Why can't I find scientific literature on musical appreciation by plants?

Plants have no ears to hear and no brain to process or develop musical taste or music appreciation...so any attempts to show relationships between music forms and growth or other responses have met with total failure in the hands of true scientists. This explains the lack of literature for you to read on the subject.

But what about those few articles and books that do make such claims?

Yes there are some quack "scientists" who have claimed that (in highly flawed experiments) certain kinds of music caused improvements in plant growth...but no such claims have met the rigor demanded for publication in respected journals. Such projects are often labeled "pseudoscience" because they fail to explain the control of critical variables, nor do they specify replication levels, nor do they show actual data or the results of statistical testing.

There really is not much good information about the effect of music on plants because all attempts to do controlled studies on plants and music result in "no difference". Any "differences" between a music treatment and a no-music control (or other-music treatment) in pseudoscience studies can almost always be attributed to some difference in other variables in the project which have not been suitably controlled (light, water, fertilizer, soil type, humidity, etc.). So, as for the TV shows and trade-books, not all "science" is good science. Beyond seismonasty in species like Mimosa pudica, there are no articles on musical appreciation or musical tastes of plants in reputable science journals. Some trade books and even some educational texts and software have given projects on musical appreciation by plants more respectability than is deserved. These are good examples of "not everything you read in print is to be believed."

is it to late to start. im gonna start germinating them now

i have 2 afghan#1's that sprouted about 5 days ago, im in.
they in 3" pots now(ive only just spotted this thread). ill be moving them into 16oz cups tomoro. slostice hasnt long past here, ill be putting mine outside, kinda like Dewayme an autoflowering environment :) ill only be using potting soil, but i have some worm humus from plagron and fish meal here and that will all go in :)
these were just waiting for a decision on whether the bin would be there new homes or not, and now i have a little mission. any1 whos seen my thread will know that ive had a run of bad luck lately, but maybe this little bit of fun will bring my luck around :)

85C

(this is ok, im not too late am i)

Nope your fine. Jump on in and have some fun. ;)
85cannabliss said:
i have 2 afghan#1's that sprouted about 5 days ago, im in.
they in 3" pots now(ive only just spotted this thread). ill be moving them into 16oz cups tomoro. slostice hasnt long past here, ill be putting mine outside, kinda like Dewayme an autoflowering environment :) ill only be using potting soil, but i have some worm humus from plagron and fish meal here and that will all go in :)
these were just waiting for a decision on whether the bin would be there new homes or not, and now i have a little mission. any1 whos seen my thread will know that ive had a run of bad luck lately, but maybe this little bit of fun will bring my luck around :)

85C

(this is ok, im not too late am i)

Ran across this site a few days ago while searching for info on growing it and have been reading as much as possible. I germed a bag seed about a week ago and planted a few days ago in a 16oz cup because it was the only thing I had at the time lol. This is my first grow attempt and was wondering if I can join in and see how my first plant does in comparison to others.

:welcome: to MP. Sure you can join in on the fun but let me warn you that these 16 oz. cup grows can get difficult at times. ;)
CaLiO said:
Ran across this site a few days ago while searching for info on growing it and have been reading as much as possible. I germed a bag seed about a week ago and planted a few days ago in a 16oz cup because it was the only thing I had at the time lol. This is my first grow attempt and was wondering if I can join in and see how my first plant does in comparison to others.

Latest posts

Back