1st grow, 20 seeds purple k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a Habit

Reaction score
Alright so this is my first post. i have a 900 square foot room desginated for my project. 2 1000 mh lights on a circular light mover (will switch to HPS when appropriate) 24/0 light cycle. 78-85F. PH 6.5-7.5. All Pots 6 gallons. I water each plant around 500mls.

All my plants so far are looking healthy and green, except one plant has started to have only 1 yellowish leaf. Should I be concerned? Im also using the advanced nutrients sensi line. Grow,Bloom, voodoo juice and carboload. The plants are 1 month in and I just started feeding ONE plant that looks ready to see what happens. Ive also realized that you should not mix Grow A+B together in a 18L water jug, as I heard they will lock each other out. If not true, it would be easier and more efficent for me to mix them in water together, can someone whos used advanced nutrients before clear this up for me?

Whoa, whoa bud, slow down a sec. First of all welcome to MP. Not sure on the advanced but plenty of growers here have used those nutes, they'll chime in soon. Pics would be helpfull when you can post. How did you start your nutes full strength? It's a good rule of thumb to introduce nutes real slowwly at first to see how your ladies react and gradually increase. Sometimes more efficient isn't always best with MJ. Slow and roll bud. Gl and more will come along.

Everyone I know mixes it in batches, it all good. 900 sq ft, that right? Or cubic?

Appreciate the input guys I will be posting pic of my sick set up soon.

Hahaha my bad chef, I should have stated that i started out very very low to begin with of course. like around 800 ppm for my first nute feed.

In response to Nouvellchef, your saying they mixed part A+B in water and its all good? That makes me a little less concerned because thats what I did. Also i should have said it 900 square ft cubic. Roughly 10ft high by 11ft long by 8ft wide. Dont remember exact measurement but it was around 880-900 sq/ft m^3

Yep mix em. Why did you choose a light mover over another 1000? IMO, forget the mover and add the lumens.

Also Ive been reading for months like a mad man, but I cant find any info on feeding schedules. I imagine you dont feed them everytime they need to be watered. i.e say feeding a plants with nutrient water then alternating the 2nd time with only water no nutrient, or do you use nutrient water everytime needed?

I have 2 1000 watts i feel it should be enough. im trying to figure out a way to up my lumens but I feel with plant growth and if I find a way to put up mylar I'll be good. I have only 1 1000 watt on as it as of now for the vegitative stage. I think that should be enough? The single light moves of all my plants as of now easily as there not THAT big, 11'' a little less than a foot tall.

i should have also said that i chose the light mover because I hear theres hot spots for 1000's. So if the light moves the plants will be able to be safe being closer to the light and wont burn them and in turn increase the lumens.

i would be using both 1,000 watts during veg as well.. would be more productive than one 1,000 watt with the mover... imo. it would increase your growth. If you have the lights far enough from the plants there shouldn't be any issues with hot spots? thats the way i would go unless electricity usage is an issue...

im jumping on for this grow I can't wait to see them pics good luck

well two are attached to the mover already just only 1 is on. im a little scared to put 2 on, on a 24 hour cycle. it may raise flags with the energy consumption...ive heard 2500 lumens per square feet is ample for veg cycle, so i figure one 1000 would do the same thing as 2?

So Ive got some pictures from seedlings whos leaves are attempting to turn yellow. Some pictures of my system layout etc...If anyone has any theories of why my seedling leaves are turning yellow help me out. As you can see the adults are not having this problem. However some look droopy?

PICT0517.JPG

PICT0519.JPG

PICT0529.JPG

PICT0520.JPG

PICT0521.JPG

PICT0525.JPG

PICT0531.JPG

PICT0527.JPG

PICT0518.JPG

they look pretty good.
i noticed in your first post you mention "ph 6.5-7.5".. that's a HUGE difference man. that's a candidate for the cause of whatever problems your having.

advanced nutrients has a nutrient calculator.. i can't speak about how well it is though, but it might help
hxxp://www.advancednutrients.com/nutcalc3public/nutrient_calculator.html
hopefully someone using those nutes can help you further though.

Just a Habit said:
Appreciate the input guys I will be posting pic of my sick set up soon.

Hahaha my bad chef, I should have stated that i started out very very low to begin with of course. like around 800 ppm for my first nute feed.

In response to Nouvellchef, your saying they mixed part A+B in water and its all good? That makes me a little less concerned because thats what I did. Also i should have said it 900 square ft cubic. Roughly 10ft high by 11ft long by 8ft wide. Dont remember exact measurement but it was around 880-900 sq/ft m^3

:eek: A ppm of 800 is NOT low. When first starting out with nutes, I start out at about 150-200. Are you growing in soil or hydro? Regardless, a pH of 7.5 is too high.

You have 88 square feet and 880 cubic feet. Your 2 1000W lights are good for about 60 sq ft. Tell us about your ventilation/air exchange.

The Hemp Goddess said:
:eek: A ppm of 800 is NOT low. When first starting out with nutes, I start out at about 150-200. Are you growing in soil or hydro? Regardless, a pH of 7.5 is too high.

You have 88 square feet and 880 cubic feet. Your 2 1000W lights are good for about 60 sq ft. Tell us about your ventilation/air exchange.

Yes i agree your ppm for your nutes is way to much as well as your ph .....

EZ&SAFE

So Ive turned on the 2nd 1000's and decreased my PH solution somewhere in the range of 6-7. I dont know exactly as I dont have a digital ph reader.

Problems that have arisen is now my room is a little too hot, hovering around 90-91FF. Ive had to cut a hole in the second window to let more cool air in...seemed to effect overall temp a little 87-88F. Is that still to hot? The problem im scared with is when it comes time to 12/12 it. I live in Canada so the outside temp is usually -6 to -10. So that could **** my plants big time. Worst case scenario is I block the intake when the lights are off.

To answer THG..ps glad you found my thread :), Im using a 6" TD-150 Mixvent 312 CFM Inline Fan attached to a 175CFM carbon filter. Intially it dropped my temperature down a good 10F. Also to address the nute suggestion. Earlier on this thread someone suggested I look into the advanced nute calculator. Under vegatitive growth it suggested the amounts that Im currently using..i,e. 800ppm. i didnt know this before and guessed. It maybe too much, but as of now the plants dont seem to mind at all. What would be some effects if it was too much...yellowing? The problem I guess Im most concerned with now is it if too hot in my room.

Just a Habit said:
So Ive turned on the 2nd 1000's and decreased my PH solution somewhere in the range of 6-7. I dont know exactly as I dont have a digital ph reader.

I would agree that you need to bring the temp down a lil more but one of your biggest concerns is gonna be ph especially if you don't have a digital ph meter the plants will survive the heat as long as they are getting fresh air circulation ... Imo i would get my ph figured out drop my nutes down to between 2-300 and then figure out your temp issues ...Good Luck and keep us posted ..

EZ&SAFE

So Ive lowered my pH and cut my nutrient ppm in half down to around 300-400. Ive also lowered my temp to around 82F. However, it looks like 2 of my plants got a little stressed from the heat being to high before and have lost some of their green colour. Ive also noticed bugs!! however, im not sure if there dangerous for my crop as im pretty sure there not spider mites as they can fly, look more like a very small fruit fly?

Latest posts

Back