1st timer...any tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"What" and "where" and "how" are you testing??
"2.ph" is as acidic as gastric acid, or straight lemon juice or vinegar!!, IMHO, that isn't even a reasonable/accurate reading for any medium.
What type/brand of soil/medium??
I've never heard of potassium raising ph either. In fact, according to the FDA, bananas are low in ph " bananas=4.5-5.2" from http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~comm/lacf-phs.html
Your feeding solution should be checked and adjusted "AFTER" adding nutes.

If you are using FF products I would be suspect about the measurement.

so acidic that is would be dying.. My friend who grows for some clubs use the banana method, which worked for mee, but hmm mabe it was something else that made my soil neutral. yellow banana 5.0 5.2, cauliflower is way way more. My friend could be wrong, but y stop doing something if it works.

go to the hydro store and buy ph calibration liquid. Its usually a PH of 4 . Put your pen in this and reset it until it reads the solution is a PH of 4. PH is very important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use water and not vinegar when you water and you will be fine.

wow lots of confusion going on here :confused: take a step back man let your soil (medium) dry out and take a pH test of it. then if your pH is between 6.3 and 7.0 your :aok: if not then you need to choose if you need to go up (under 6.3) or down (over 7.0) if you have to lower it use some vinigar 1 teaspoon un a gallon of water will lower your pH by +/-0.05 after each gallon use for watering. to raise it you can add some limestone (follow container instructions) and theres a fix for the problem :bong2:

get a new ph meter or calibrate that sucker, thats way to much fluctuation to be from your nutes. Unless your using them wrong.

5 grams of soil to 50 ml De-ionized water mix well and check ph with a well CALIBRATED METER. If you don't have any buffers check your drinking water should be 7.8 or so check some Coke or Pepsi should be low <3.0. That will @ least tell if your pH meter is in range.

How many plants? just one, if so that light will be plenty. It might not be as good as flowering with hps, but it will definately work. Search for t5 grows, people have some great success. Humidity is fine at 52 for veg but you will need to bring it down for flower stage. I believe you want to stay below 40 % for flower so mold and fungus is not an issue. You need some good ventilation to move air and get humidity down. good luck

DONT OVER NUTE and be careful about playing with the PH levels....

check out youtube for some of the greatest grow dvds....

happy newyear....

OK wonare1one,
Looks like you are going to be needing a few things soon. You can do ok for just a short period of time. Think of your setup buying you and your baby some time.
You will need more light period and looks like you got a transplant coming at ya. Get some good soil and a container that is near 3 gallon if you want that lady to leave you with something to remember her by.
You also could use some Green Mojo that will get your blood up
smoke in peace
th_GreenMojo 8.jpg
KingKahuuna

what kind of tester? How are you testing? Any liquids added to your plant should be tested. Ph of 2 sounds strange to me.

your water ph is 2.5? hmm mines alkaline in cen cal. R you sure???
you should get a separate soil PH tester the one with drops..
hows that gadget measure light?

Is that tester have 2 long probes and a needle and then you switch to ph, moisture or light. Those things are junk, go and get a ph test kit, comes with testing drops and ph up and ph down. Or get a digital tester, ph is very important and you cant be guessing. I had one of those testers from lowes made by rapitest and it wasnt worth squatt. The moisture part was okay but thats it.

hey thanks yo!!! thats exactly the meter i have!!! i just got a ph tester for soil and it read ph of 7. thats good right? happy new year to you!!

What kind of tester did you get? hope its not a rapitest.

It appears that it definitely could be a pH problem. My advice would be to mix your nutes first, then adjust the pH with Up or Down. Fertilizers and other nutes will raise or lower you pH when added.

Latest posts

Back