3 strain auto grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAAANDUDE

Reaction score
Well this is not my first grow, but is my first ever indoor grow. I will get to my set up in a sec. First of I will be doing 2 White Dwarf, 1 easy ryder, and 2 LR#2. All the seeds are feminized and all came from dope seeds. I recommend them, because they are cheaper than most companies and have god customer service. They also sent me some short stuff, and I have some smurfberry fem for the next grow. I have 25 seeds in all, with 20 of the being fem.

Now for the set up. I have a 400 watt mh/hps digital ballast that is cooled, as well as another intake and out-take fan to keep temps down and humidity in the right place. I will be trying a drip system, but am thinking that next grow I might be going back to soil. nutes are fox farm. Carbon air filter for the smell, because I do live in an apartment. For this reason I am keeping it stealthy, and tus only have 3 feet of height to work with. I think they would be fine IF they knew, but no one knows about except me and my girl.

Ok I have a few questions. First is When do I start them on nutes? How many ppm's to start and how often do I raise it? What should I keep the ph at?

The seeds have been germing for 17 hours, and 3 are starting to crack with one about to pop out its tap root. I tried to upload pics, but its telling me they exceed the size. Is there a good FREE image resizer for MAC? Thanks all

Good to hear theres a new Auto grower in town.
Nice selections too.
D-Seeds is my favorite. Great company.

Hope you find a pic resizer. I know nothing about MACs sorry.

MAAANDUDE said:
. I tried to upload pics, but its telling me they exceed the size. Is there a good FREE image resizer for MAC? Thanks all

hxxp://picasa.google.com/mac/

change xx to tt

MAAAN I have no experience in hydro but i have grown the Easyryder twice and one of them def grew to almost 3 feet tall... with the pot it was an inch or so shy of a door knob... so with your hydro setup and additional growth yours may even be larger...

MAAANDUDE said:
Ok I have a few questions. First is When do I start them on nutes? How many ppm's to start and how often do I raise it? What should I keep the ph at?

I start giving my autos nutes as soon as they start flowering...I don't do the whole ppm thing...I start at 1/4 strength and increase gradually until at full strength...ph for hydro 5.8 soil 6.5

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
MAAAN I have no experience in hydro but i have grown the Easyryder twice and one of them def grew to almost 3 feet tall... with the pot it was an inch or so shy of a door knob... so with your hydro setup and additional growth yours may even be larger...

Well I have seen some posts of autos getting fairly large, so if I see that they might outgrow the area I am going to try and put a screen in there. i might do it anyway, but am not sure yet. With the light and the reservoir I have about 2' 4" of actual growing space.

well thought out... someone has been planning... i just wanted to give you a heads up on the height... GL

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
well thought out... someone has been planning... i just wanted to give you a heads up on the height... GL

Yes, something I have been thinking about for a couple years.

Got the pics resized

DSC00849.JPG

DSC00847.JPG

DSC00846.JPG

I am on my 4th time growing White Dwarf....I love that strain of auto...real good smoke...good luck

Two were ready to plant after 24 hours, one white dwarf and the one easy ryder. The others should be good to go tomorrow. Water is at 69.7 f, and ph is between 5 and 6. The two that were ready were put in peat and into their cage with hydroton. Will post an update when they start to show.

Well here are the last three ready to be planted. The Easy Ryder with the longest root was not even cracked last night. I would have thought the one that was would have grown larger. Anyway, hopefully I will be posting pics of some babies in a few days.

DSCN0167.JPG

Also is a water temp of 68 to 70 ok. I think the temp will go up when they finally pop, but is it ok for now?

im sure its fine. the water i germ in is probably in the mid to low 60s.

A couple have already broke out, and I can see that the other 3 will be out by tomorrow. I think I might be having problems though. The temp in my box is already 84.3, and the light has only been on for 1 hour. I have an air cooled lamp, as well as in in-flow and out-flow at 400 cfm. I dont know what the problem is. I might try to move the box away from the wall a little but I dont see that being the problem. Please help. I will post pics tomorrow when I get off work.

After writing this I checked again and it is down to 83.6, but that is because I have the door cracked right now while the light is on. I will not be able to do this when they start to get all good and stinky.

Well I figured out what it is. The carbon filter that attaches to the exhaust on the back was trapping in the heat. So not the heat problem is solved, but in a couple weeks I am going to have an odor issue. What do I do? PLEASE help.

Well after removing the filter the temp is still 86.1. I am beginning to think it is a space issue, and if it is would it help if i went from a 400 watt bulb to a 250 or 200? my ballast changes.

Latest posts

Back