3 strain auto grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wally150 said:
are you pushing or pulling the air through the light?

I am not sure what you mean. The air is being sucked through on the side of the bulb that screws in to the receptacle.

I am interested in lowryders for my veggie garden; gonna keep an eye on this.

The air is being sucked in from the side of the bulb that screws in, and is blowing over the bulb. I am freaking out. I have to keep the door open right now, but im losing light and its still at 87. if I close the door it goes yp to 90+. Can humidity cause the temp to rise, also what can I do about humidity? I do not understand what is going on. I have an intake blowing on the fans, and an out take at the top sucking out, and the cooled light. How is this possible? My ballast is not in the grow chamber either. I have the exhaust going to another room entirely. What am I doing wrong. Oh I need to smoke.

you want to pull hot air to exhaust it. so you want bulb on the intake side of the fan, then the fan blowing the hot air out of the box. raise your lights up to and it might help if those are the temps under the lights at the plants level.....

Why spend more money to buy a light if you were going to drop a couple hundred why not buy a grow tent or something. Your space just doesn't have enough height even if they stayed under 3ft they're going to be inches from that light and it will burn them imho. but good luck man hope you get it figured out peace out

what is the size of your box? and grow tents are great. got one on ebay, mylar lined, for 99 and free shipping.

fellowsped said:
Why spend more money to buy a light if you were going to drop a couple hundred why not buy a grow tent or something. Your space just doesn't have enough height even if they stayed under 3ft they're going to be inches from that light and it will burn them imho. but good luck man hope you get it figured out peace out

I have a ballast hat can use 200, 250, or 400 watt bulbs. Also I will be using SCROG. so height should not be an issue with these little autos. After light and reservoir I have 2'7" of grow room. If I did get another light all I would need is a bulb so im not looking at spending a couple hundred bucks.

Wally, I am thinking about a tent. Would I be able to use my light, fans, ect in it?

i have my reflector and everything in it. make sure it has the metal frame....it seems like mine is very sturdy and doesnt even look unstable. do you understand what i mean by having the bulb on the intake side of the fan? so your pulling the heat through the fan and out of the tent

MAAANDUDE said:
I have a ballast hat can use 200, 250, or 400 watt bulbs.

What kind of ballast do you have? Do you have a link? I have never heard of one that will run different wattage bulbs and I also do not believe I have ever seen a 200W HPS.

Well after about an hour of reading it seems the optimal temp for MJ is 80-86, so I will not worry about my temp 0f 83 or 84. It is having a low temp of 77 and a high of 85, so I feel I am right where I need to be after a few changes last night. The girls are 5 days old if you count germ, or 2 days since popping. My PPM is 400, humidity is 45, ph is 5.8, and current temp is 82.9. my light cycle is 18/6, and I think I am going to experiment with the light cycle. I might give them more light during flowering, since they are autos, and it wont hurt. i want to see if I can keep them smaller during veg, and up the light to make the sill gain weight, and add height during flower. Any comments on this? Here are pics of all five of them. The White Dwarfs are a little slower than the two LR#2, and the 1 Easy Ryder. I will try to put the pics in order. First 2 are LR#2, Third is Easy Ryder, and last 2 are White Dwarf.

Thanks for the help all, especially you Wally. To THG, the ballast is from Lumatek. They are out of the UK.

Any comments, suggestion, or a lot of green mojo is welcomed. GL all.

DSCN0177.JPG

DSCN0178.JPG

DSCN0180.JPG

DSCN0179.JPG

DSCN0182.JPG

I'm with THG on this one, ive never heard of a ballast running different watt bulbs, they normally say something on their tag. mine says 400w hps/mh for example......

I personally like my temps at 74-78 during lights on, if i saw 85 or above i would lower them, but hey, thats just me.
As for the light cycle, from what ive researched, autos are best grown under 20/4. if you have 24/0 you would just be wasting electricity for almost no gain. I'm using 20/4 on my grow.
Im using a 400w mh bulb for vegging, and for flower (which is soon, my 2 babies just showed they are beautiful ladies) i have a 400w hps. for flowering you definately want to bump up lights and get plenty of red spectrum in there.
Did you change your fan for your light? just wondering....

Google Lumatek. I swear my ballast changes watts. ill take a pic of it for you guys tomorrow. They are currently on 18/6, but when they start to flower I am going to up it to 20/4. I just want to keep them at about 20" inches when done, so I am experimenting. I have not changed the fan, but I am tomorrow. I am also going to take the ballast that is screwed onto my box on the back in the middle and relocate it elsewhere in the room.

they are compatible with mh or hps bulbs, but im checking their site and seeing no ballasts that are switchable to put out different watts. you should never put a bulb in a ballast that isnt rated for that watt bulb.

almost forgot..........................

lots of GREEN MOJO for your plants

Day 5 or 6. Looking good so far. i have one that is on the verge of dying. I did not take a pic of it. it is looking a little healthier today, so I still have hope. Temps are ranging from around 73 with light off, and 78 to 82 with light on. I am ready to see these things grow, but to me it seems like they are taking their sweet time. Do they look ok for 5 days? Thanks for looking!

DSCN0183.JPG

DSCN0184.JPG

DSCN0185.JPG

DSCN0187.JPG

they are looking real good. i got some seedlings going alongside my plants that just showed sex, they honestly grow real slow. nothing to worry about.

Well light will be coming on in the next hour, and am wondering if I should start to give them small amount of fert?

Well I am at day 8, and they are looking good. I think when they get a little bigger I might get rid of one of the white dwarfs or the easy ryder. The Easy ryder apparently will get to around 3 feet and with the other girls there just isnt room to train her. Here is a pic of one of the LR#2. They are both doing exceptional. They are by far looking better than the other two strains. I think on the new=xt one I am going to do 1 easy ryder and one Smurfberry in case I have to train, but that is a ways away. Enjoy!

0208001806.jpg

My girls are looking beautiful, except they are still yellow sort of in the middle where new growth is coming up. Can someone please help me? Is it a lack of nutes, or what?

DSCN0204.JPG

DSCN0205.JPG

DSCN0206.JPG

DSCN0207.JPG

Latest posts

Back