400 hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rasta

CHILD OF GOD
Reaction score
i want to add another 400watt hps to my grow room,,lady rasta is worried about the bill,,,,,give or take a little can any one tell me about how much it will cost to run a 400 12 hours a day ,,,,thanks god bless

Depends what your rate is mine cost me about 65 cents a day and it was on for 18 hours

Here's the way I understand it works. Figure it something like this, your actual costs will vary a bit depending on how much you are charged per kilowatt/hour.
1000 watts is a kilowatt, so if you pay 10 cents (.10) per kw/h and are using 400 watts, the charge per hour would be .04 (4 cents). .10 x .4 = .04
Tack on some wattage for your ballast and you can get a decent guess at what you will be paying.

mine costs about 25 bucks extra a month, on 24 hrs.

A 400 W HPS light uses 464 watts.

464 (watts) / 1000 x 12(hrs) x 30 (days in a month) x electric rate per KWH = cost per month on electric bill.

About $22.00 a month extra if your electric rate is .13 cents / KWH.

heres a trick i use to help curb the electric bill (during winter) i vent the heat into the house, turn the furnace off or down to 50, the 2 400w i use keeps the whole house a comphy 70 as long as there on :D kinda like a light furnace.....

Latest posts

Back