5th season... 1st journal!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats really weird man. Ive never heard of a plant doing that. Luckily its only 1 of them :D

MosesPMG said:
thats really weird man. Ive never heard of a plant doing that. Luckily its only 1 of them :D
yeah, it's just the one... I hope she either decides that it was a brain fart and starts to grow again, or branches out strong enough that I can top two to get four, and top four to get eight nice cuttings for clones... This may take a while, but I got six more to flower while I wait! Perhaps I will end up with some WW x BB after all!

way to take a negative and turn it into a positive :aok:

MosesPMG said:
way to take a negative and turn it into a positive :aok:
There's a silver lining to every cloud, if you look hard enough... I figured as excited as I was about this particular strain, it'd be worth the wait to veg the mother out for clones on my next season:hubba: If I can get away with topping her three times, I'll end up with sixteen branch tips (two branches from first node) cut1(both branches)= 4 new growths(two from each branch), cut2(all 4 new growths)= 8 new growths(two from each cut2 tips), cut3(all 8 new growths)= 16 new growths(two from each cut3 tips)... If that was as confusing as it was to write I'm sorry!:D any ways, I may actually end up only going through the steps to cut2 and have 8 clones... And keep the mother for future use! I'll probably flower one cutting immediately after rooting, just to make sure it's not hermie or male because of some inadvertent stress I've put her through. She was a puny white seed and I didn't really expect her to crack, but here we are talking about her! :) Although, today she has a strange color, I'll discuss that in a moment though!

Okay, So WW x BB is definitely not growing vertically anymore, she has three sets of single serrated leaves, two sets of which are at the same node it seems, and have no evidence of branching(which have a strange patching showing up; may be attributed to the lack of vertical growth/not having big enough branches to grow and use the nutes)... The first set however, is most certainly branching out, the tale-tale signs of little fans growing from the base of the primary leaf. It's from these branches I plan to top at least twice before cloning and sexing one of before I invest time into a closet full of hermies or males. The others are looking great! Il Diavolo is short and stocky, but seems to be picking up growth rate. I fed them two days ago with FF grow big (1/2 tsp. per gal.) and they look to be doing alright with it!(with the exception of WW x BB) Enough talk, picture time!
The first picture is a close up of the top of WW x BB and shows how the top four leaves are at the same node.The second pic is of the three papaya...The third of sugar black rose...The fourth is northern lights blue...The fifth is il diavolo... The sixth is top view with papaya in the rear, WW x BB in the front by herself, il diavolo in the center of the middle row, sugar black rose on the left middle, and northern lights blue on the right middle... The last pic is taken inside the veg area, which I have boxed in on one side now using the mylar-covered board that I originally had under them; now there is mylar on three sides!:) I'll be amping my veg area as we go, limited budget being in the high percentage of unemployed and all... expect to see strides in it's development over the next couple of months though!:D

0305111653b.jpg

0305111654.jpg

0305111654a.jpg

0305111655.jpg

0305111655a.jpg

0305111656.jpg

0305111702.jpg

:D Good looking seedlings you have there Gixxerman! Crossing my fingers for some nice ladies for ya :)

SensiStarFan said:
:D Good looking seedlings you have there Gixxerman! Crossing my fingers for some nice ladies for ya :)
Thanks SSF... They better be ladies! I'll be boycotting Nirvana seeds! Especially if they stay on this lush green path they're on!:D I'd like to learn more about the colloidal silver treatment to get feminized seed... Any of you guys know how to do this? I'd love to cross my own breed in the future!:cool:

It was in the anniversary edition of high times, if memory serves.

Roddy said:
It was in the anniversary edition of high times, if memory serves.
I read this and was like; "uugghhh.... :confused: what was in the anniversary edition of high times?" and then it hit me, the colloidal silver treatment right?

it's all good... Had a true stoner moment there... I should have known, I asked for crying out loud :rofl: I am getting anxious as hell... How long did you veg your ladies to get them as big as they are now Roddy!?

So I looked at the bottom of one of the cups and could see root tips at the drainage holes, I decided it was time to transplant the ladies! Not a moment too soon either if you ask me, the roots were so clustered near the bottom of some of them that you could hardly even see the dirt! I took my bigger pots and filled the bottom so that the solo cup's rim was flush with the new pot's rim... Then I filled and press dirt mixture around the cup; at which point I just lifted the cups out, slide the entire cup of dirt out and gently dropped them into the void of the new pots. I filled it a little higher in an attempt to cover some of that bottom stalk and gain some stability likewise... Picture time!

0307110008.jpg

0307110008a.jpg

nice upgrade :D im sure your plants will thank you

MosesPMG said:
nice upgrade :D im sure your plants will thank you
I hope so, I'm going to give them a few days to recoup and start a stronger feeding regimen. Hope to see some branches hanging out by next week!

whelp, I didn't have to wait until next week to see my branches coming out! I went over this evening and many of them have little branches starting to emerge the tips of their second node. I also went ahead and amped my seedling feeding to full strength (for seedlings; 1 tsp./gal.) of FF grow big... The new containers were dry to the point that there was dirt all over the carpet from the fan, and they weighed about half of what they did yesterday after transplant! They ladies seemed to have breezed right through it with no stress at all!:) So; watered with the full strength seedling feeding and placed extra lights over them... I now have a dome for each plant with two 100 watt replacement bulbs (26 actual watts) in each dome. Considering the bulbs kick out 1,800 lumens a piece, I'd say 3,600 lumens per plant in a 6" square area is good... I think I read 3,000 per sq. ft. for veg... Can anyone validate that? if so, I have twice the suggested minimum. Temperature is right at 77.8 degrees, at 33% humidity... Anyone know ideal numbers for these? (<temp and humidity)... Also, I pinched the leaves off of Northern Lights Blue that were covering the branches coming from the first node; hopefully they'll take off! I may be able to salvage some clones after all!:D okay, picture time!
0307111833.jpg
This first picture is of Black Sugar Rose; she seems to be the most vigorous!
0307111834.jpg
A side shot of Sugar Black Rose...
0307111834a.jpg
This is one of three Papaya, typical of all three in aesthetics.
0307111834b.jpg
Side shot of Papaya...
0307112259.jpg
All the ladies with the new lighting arrangement!
0307112259a.jpg
Just a lighting shot...(YAWN)
0307112259b.jpg
A shot of BSR (top right), Papaya (right side, both), and NLB (bottom right)...

you could also rent that space out to women looking for a tan. haha

I pulled up a couch. I want to be comfortable to watch this. Looks great, glad you came out and did a journal.;) ;)

Lovin' the support here guys! :D I also love that we all this place to come to, relate, and share information... TAN:rofl:!!!! Welcome Rosebud (I'm a follower of yours as well!)... I'm glad you made yourself comfortable, there's a bong floating around here somewhere guys!.... :bong1:

So I have good news and some questions... But we'll do it by photo!
0308111942.jpg
Sugar Black Rose shot out her first set of seven leaves... Growing fast! Just look at yesterday's pic (4 posts up)!
0308111942a.jpg
A picture of Papaya, not the same as yesterday...
0308111942b.jpg
Just a shot of all of them... Now for questions!
0308112021.jpg
What do you think is causing the discoloration in this leaf (the lower one)... I'll be reviewing the sick plant sticky, but I'm guessing a nute burn? I fed them again yesterday, and aside from this portion of this leaf, the rest of the plant, and other plants are green... This particular plant is the darkest green and the only one with this discoloration.. I'm assuming N surplus based on this analysis... What do YOU think:confused:
0308112022.jpg
And also, Do you think these lights are close enough? Their about 8" from the ladies and the temp ranges from 76 to 78 degrees with two fans on them; one oscillating over the ladies, and one pointed up at the lights to cool them... Should I move them closer?

Ive been told nute burn starts at the tips of leaves, not in the middle, so idk if its nute burn? you using full strength?
only other thing I can think of are lights are too close?
Sorry im not anywhere near an expert :confused: hope I helped

Latest posts

Back