A First/Second Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubs420

Reaction score
Going to attempt this. I'm kind of new to this, Ive grown a couple but never followed through with the grow. This time is going to be different. So to test myself and learn from making mistakes, I am going to do a grow with seeds I saved from bags. Will do the best I can to keep my journal as update as possible

Im sure that I will have plenty of ? for e1.

Day 1. 01/31/10 Started germinating 5 seeds in a paper towel. Next day 4 out 5 had cracked open. I wasn't quite ready for them to go that fast, so I let them go one more day. Got up next morning and found that one had already grown up through the towel and one other was getting close.

Day 4. 02/02/10 Put 4 that had started in soil.
I am currently doing this the cheap way for now. I am using one side of my closet, lined with aluminum foil. My lights are 2 cfl's. Pushing out 3500 lumens, they are rated 5000k. Been checking out alot of stuff online and will be upgrading in the future
Lights are on a 18/6, is this a good choice?
Plant food is 24-8-16

Day 6 02/04/10 All 4 are now over an inch tall. temps are staying around 75. Will have my hubby help me with the pics, he's good at that stuff. Im good at growing all things.:watchplant:

sounds good glad they popped so quickly that is good news! cant wait to see pics loving all these new female growers popping up the men better watch out!

Take the foil down and paint the closet flat white.

What nutrients are you using? Those numbers are BIG for seedlings.

GL

not using any nutrients yet except for what is in the soil. Using a soil for seedlings and starts. Ok, what is wrong with using foil if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks 2Dog, its nice to have people to ask ? and to give any feedback. Its like Im not alone trying to do this.

Doesnt work. Not as reflective as you would think. I would think of maybe going with a nutrient line and schedule. So much less hassle and guess work. On that 1st grow below. I did not use a schedule and just bought high N for veg and high P for flower, big big big mistake. Just my thoughts anyhow.

Thanks for the help, will have to get some paint then. what do you think on my schedule on the lighting will that be enough or too much? What would you recommend for nutrients without breaking the bank. I'm laid off work so $$$ is tight

General Hydroponics 3 part. Cheap, produces, easy to foolow schedule. Can get at hydro store or online. There are other options if you dont want to paint. Panda film or Mylar. I would do panda as I just finished a grow with Mylar. Never again. But, I believe paint is the budget way to go.

I pay about 16 a bottle... I use buddha bloom and buddha grow by aurora all organic.. the bottle lasts a while...I go by the instructions ..

thanks for the input, will keep all this mind. As long as i get something out of this, it will be a great experience. Practice makes perfect right

Perfect is a very tough word to throw around in the grow room. YOur gonna find out real soon :)

Best of luck

Wasn't trying to sound like that, No One will ever be perfect, but doesnt mean i don't stop trying to be. I want to be able to grow my own mj, not have to buy it. I am here to learn and share my experience, and maybe help someone else in return.

Sorry for coming off strong.

No One will ever be perfect
I guess we've not yet met then....:p :rofl:..

haaaaaaaaa.. I don't hink the cook(chef) was meaning to berate you... but "perfecting" the grow seems like a near never ending quest....;)

Hey Bubs......glad to see you started your grow! Best advice I could give you is "less is more". Keep it simple and you should make it to the end with some fairly good results.

I've been using Earth Juice products with good results. If you want to start off and don't have the budget for the complete line of products, I would just use the Grow & Bloom and that will get you through just fine.
I pay around $11.00 a bottle where I live......

Best of luck with your grow

All good girl. Hicks right. Didnt mean it like that at all. I meant for me growing outdoors for years and moving indoors, "perfect" takes time, energy and lots of patience and dedication. Your on your way. Holla if you got any questions. GL

:cool: thnks hick, cb and zip, this is just test myself and my room. will have pics soon.

do have a little bit of an update.

all 4 are doing good, but do have one that looks different from the others. It has its 2 main leaves but nothing else, going to give it some time to do its thing. maybe it will be the best one.
Room is staying at about 75 with lights on, about 68-70 off
they look happy in their environment.:fly: :bong2:

thanks chef, I really excited to see the final product.

These were taken this morning, the have been in soil since monday. The one taken by itself is one that I still dont know what to do with it, might just wait and see what it does. Figured out the pic thing by myself, no help from hubby....lol

IMG00011-20100205-0815.jpg

IMG00012-20100205-0815.jpg

IMG00013-20100205-0816.jpg

I think your doin just fine, considering these were dry seeds a week ago. The pics, I knew you'd figure it out. She's gonna have to keep me away, as I am the impatient one..lol

Latest posts

Back