a question prior to starting next indoor..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddogmutt

NOT ALLOWED
Reaction score
okay....outdoor is a week from done....i going 30 clones all indica(indoors)...im going to plant them(in pots)...let'm sit a week(7days exactly)then going straight to 12/12....my question is should i put them in 1 or 2 gal potters...i was thinking 1..only gonna be growing for 9weeks total...just wasnt sure if the 1gal is big enough....

G'day bdm. I am thinking that any clone with a seven day vege period (exactly) will have complications regarding lack of roots ! My parents allowed me to walk before i fell over . Jmo . All the best . vege at least 16.7-27.9 days and use 2 gallon pots .

I'd put them in 2 gal. pots. I was told once that ideally there should be a gal. of soil for every foot of plant. By the time you finish this grow they should be well over two feet -- don't ya think?

Peace

a 7 day veg after roots is a bit fast...I useually wait 2 weeks atleast and never flower anything in a container less than 2 gallon..even those require more attention....just my thoughts

take care and be safe

What's your hurry Bud? Can't ya give the girls a little veg time?

I never flower in anything smaller then 3 gall pots.

buddogmutt said:
okay....outdoor is a week from done....i going 30 clones all indica(indoors)...im going to plant them(in pots)...let'm sit a week(7days exactly)then going straight to 12/12....my question is should i put them in 1 or 2 gal potters...i was thinking 1..only gonna be growing for 9weeks total...just wasnt sure if the 1gal is big enough....

Are you talking about well rooted clones or cuttings?

As to pot size....how large is your flowering space? I would go with the 2 gal if you have enough room. I cannot get my plants through veg in a 1 gal container.

ive grown in 3gal with a 4-6wk veg then 8-13wk flower(depending on strain)..just trying a new method..we all know well rooted clones can go straight into 12/12...i havent tried it yet...so im going too..instead of doing 12 plants with a 4-6wk veg then 12/12...im doing 30 and no veg..straight 12/12..now i know to go 2gal pots...thanks..1lb-1 1/2 lb in 8wks...same as doing only 12plants with a 5wk veg..same amount end result...so why pay for an 18/6 light bill...if i can do the same end result less time and only pay a 12/12 bill...im ahead of the game...so we'll see...you all know im a picaholic....

LOL--the trouble is that most of us do not get that or that would be the way we would be growing. All of us that have grown for a while have tried most of those kind of things over the years, trying to improve yield.

In actual practice, what I have discovered is that a 4-6 week veg will give me 2-3 times more yield than when I put anything right into 12/12. So with only 12-14 weeks total, I can pull 200 to 300 percent more with only a 50% increase in total grow time.

How big is your space and how many lumens are you running? Your yield is going to be determined by this also. To end up with a lb, you are most likely going to need to be running at least a 600W--that is about .75 grams per watt, which is quite good and requires a pretty dialed in space. If you expect an lb and a half or better, you are probably going to need a 1000W to pull that.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--the trouble is that most of us do not get that or that would be the way we would be growing. All of us that have grown for a while have tried most of those kind of things over the years, trying to improve yield.

In actual practice, what I have discovered is that a 4-6 week veg will give me 2-3 times more yield than when I put anything right into 12/12. So with only 12-14 weeks total, I can pull 200 to 300 percent more with only a 50% increase in total grow time.

How big is your space and how many lumens are you running? Your yield is going to be determined by this also. To end up with a lb, you are most likely going to need to be running at least a 600W--that is about .75 grams per watt, which is quite good and requires a pretty dialed in space. If you expect an lb and a half or better, you are probably going to need a 1000W to pull that.

my same set-up...5x5x7 tent..1000w hps and 30 well rooted clones going straight 12/12...and i just wanna see for myself..im not trying to improve yield...just equal it in less time...if i pull 1/2-3/4oz per plant...thats 1lb in 8wks..and i know ima pull more then a half oz per....so it'll be a fun ride as usual...

i added two clones to my outdoor grow during natures 12/12..and the two got a little over 2oz's....thats what gave me the idea of going straight 12/12 indoors...

multifarious said:
For many years I flowered, well rooted, cuts with as little as 7days veg in 1gal pots of amended dirt. True sea of green, as was all the rage back in the early to mid 90's, Europe.

thats my plan bro!!!

i sure hope your going to do a journal.....be fun to watch good luck

buddogmutt said:
my same set-up...5x5x7 tent..1000w hps and 30 well rooted clones going straight 12/12...and i just wanna see for myself..im not trying to improve yield...just equal it in less time...if i pull 1/2-3/4oz per plant...thats 1lb in 8wks..and i know ima pull more then a half oz per....so it'll be a fun ride as usual...

i added two clones to my outdoor grow during natures 12/12..and the two got a little over 2oz's....thats what gave me the idea of going straight 12/12 indoors...

Finishing in less time, is in essence, increasing your yield. Plants outdoors will always out yield indoor plants unless you are doing something really wrong.

Multi--why do you not run like this any more?

Unless I am missing the point. (Which could be heh)... I would think 9 good mature plants (with 2-3 weeks veg) would outproduce 30 clones with 7 days veg in a 5x5x7 space...... UNLESS you are really in a hurry...

I mean heh you could prune them to have several decent colas each....

But I would like to see how your grow goes....... I have a suspicion you might be disappointed... but would be happy if I am wrong ).....

I have thought about doing something quite similar after the harvest that I got last year off the micro grow contest, but like CG I think that plants need to get to a certain size to really produce at their optimum ability, but would be quite happy to be proven wrong. :)

day 1.....42 afgoo...12/12 from well rooted clone....5x5x7 tent...1000w hps...1gal pots...fox farm ocean forest soil...

CasualGrower said:
Unless I am missing the point. (Which could be heh)... I would think 9 good mature plants (with 2-3 weeks veg) would outproduce 30 clones with 7 days veg in a 5x5x7 space...... UNLESS you are really in a hurry...

I mean heh you could prune them to have several decent colas each....

But I would like to see how your grow goes....... I have a suspicion you might be disappointed... but would be happy if I am wrong ).....
how else do i find out?...just go off sum1 elses experience...not me...i simply wanna produce the same amout without the 18/6 bill...and im sure i wont be disappointed...how can i be mad with 42 main kolas....lol

Well i have bin seeing lots of grows lately growers claiming pretty good yields from clone straight to 12 / 12
to the op instead of doing so many pots maybe next time try one big tote and place all clones in there i just did something similar placed 72 clones under 1000 watts 222 watts per Sq foot day 4 flower will see what happens
any guess on yield anyone ??

dscf2650ty.jpg

DrFever said:
Well i have bin seeing lots of grows lately growers claiming pretty good yields from clone straight to 12 / 12
to the op instead of doing so many pots maybe next time try one big tote and place all clones in there i just did something similar placed 72 clones under 1000 watts 222 watts per Sq foot day 4 flower will see what happens
any guess on yield anyone ??

i like.....i considered that..and ive seen it done with great success on youtube..i worried about roots getting tangled...sure wouldve made watering eaiser...lol...cant wait to see how they turn out...great luck to you..

it simply seems the best way to fully utilize my 5x5x7 grow space..12 medium size plants in 3 gal...9medium/bigger in 5gal(a waste due to height limit)...or 42 in 1gals....time will tell....im positve ill be happy with the results...mind you....no 18/6 veg bill(the main goal)....

Latest posts

Back