Any help appreciated...learn from my mistakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Temperature has been pretty steady and this is the first time ive seen this strain do it after 4 grows so I assume its not enough potassium. Im not sure if we have anything high in potassium, but ill look at the labels and check it out.

EDIT

I couldnt find any, but it doesnt matter, the lower buds finally browned out on most of the plants so I am just going to pull them after I get my friends approval. Thanks.

Nice looking nug growfox. put some pics up of the buds with the black leaves. That has to look incredible.

ok wow, some of the plants look way brighter in the picture, at least the underside of them. I think the HPS lights are making the colors look a little different. I had the flash on, so thats probably why. They look a lot stranger in real life.

Our veg isnt ready to be transplanted so we are letting our flower stay under the lights as long as possible. These plants are almost in their 10th week of flowering which is why they look so old..beucase they are. The last few buds are bearly hitting their 70% brown hairs anyways so at least we are getting something from our patience.

While im here, I might as well update on the rest of our situation.

We will probably pull our flower in the next day or two, its really up in the air right now beucase we dont have anything to put in there yet.

Here is the no-no's we did with our veg and why its not ready:

1. Somehow, dont ask me how, but somehow our friend gave us clones that were in flowering. Most of them are not vegging properly, some of them have not even grown. We were going to pull all of them and replace them but we were already short on plants, thats why we had to borrow some from our friend.

2. Our 1000w HPS light was not centered evenly over all the plants beucase we wanted to make sure the freshly planted babies didnt die and we installed an MH light but my friend never told me to turn it on for fear that it would fry our clones. Plus most of the plants were growing so we didnt realize until further down the road that there was a problem.

3. Our veg was planted at different times. 20 of them were left over from our 32 bucket flower transplant. We planted another 40 or so clones a few days later, some from our friend(the flowered ones) and then we planted the other 20 or so another 3-5 days later. 3 days ago we came to the conclusion that 3 or so werent growing properly so we(well not 'we', morel like 'I') switched to 24/7 vegging, moved the light closer to the young'ens, pulled the 6" ducting that pulls air from outside to the back of the room so that air would be pulled from the doorway to the back of the veg giving us unlimited co2(our temps stay around 80 max plus we have the ac).

So far our efforts have shown some improvement in our veg's growth, but we are looking at at least another week of veg before they are ready to go into the next room.

On a happy note, our 32 plant flowering is running smoothly. big white hairs and they run all the way down the cola of the plant. I just got our co2 tanks filled. I just flushed the resivior. I think our 32 plant room might give us as much as our 72 plant room. :yay:

The plants we pulled with those massive buds turned out to be a litttle less than a lb which was way less than what we thought it was going to be. Basically 14 plants = 1lb for what we pulled. Our friend that has the same strain is doing about 1lb per 8 plants so that is why we thought it would be a lot more. But at least we can say that we have probably had bigger nugs than he probably ever has.

oldplant.jpg

wierdleaf.jpg

wierdleaf2.jpg

That vegetation does not look healthy. Waxy, curled, and crunched up means either to much heat or some other nute problem. Get the problem fixed and your yield will increase. I got 3 lbs. off 14 plants with only 2000 watts of light.

Should I remove all of the bad leaves?

Temperature had been steady, the lights might be too close. It might be the nutes, ill rinse it out and lower the PPMs. We used a lot of additives, maybe some of them are conflicting with each other or are too high levels.

Do not remove the leaves you will do more harm then good. If the lights get to close you will get light bleaching on the leaves. You can look it up in any of the online guides here on the site. It looks to me more of a nute deficiency or build up of some sort.

Thanks, I was looking for that page. I saw it about 2 weeks ago but couldnt find it again after that. I have it on my favorites now.

Hmmm. I get about a pound off of 4 plants...

Are you sure you should be taking so much advice from this buddy of yours who is giving you FLOWERING clones? :hubba:

Just listen to these kind folk here at MP and they will help you!

For example, this guy buddy luv should help you alot.

You will be growing like a pro sooon, and you can give your buddy VEGGING clones that you have yielded a pound for each couple plants.

He will be like where did you learn this? Then just smile and say secret. Then teach him!

Yeah man, I didn't have c02 either. Seems like somethings wrong deffinately.

And buddy, that bubba gum, was it TGA? Iv'e been wondering about how it smokes, ive got some of them beans too I can't wait to start!

Believe it or not that is Nirvana Genetics. I got lucky. Only one female came out like that. The others had more sativa and just didn't put on the mass this one did. If you look in my sig. I have a full room of clones from her in flower right now. I hope to get 3-4 lbs. from the room for my put away for a rainy day stash and then it is on to something different. I have been looking for some of subcool's genetics but I haven't seen much out there at any of the banks I frequent. Maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Maybe I can....take my hand!

hxxp://hempdepot.ca/seeds/TGA/index.htm
hxxp://www.cannaseur.com/cannashop/index.php?ccUser=&catId=2&act=viewCat
hxxp://www.breedbay.co.uk/auction/categories.php?category=Beans&parent=315

P.s. what is the hybrid of the nirvana strain? Subcool uses a Clone only Mom Bush Hash and crosses it with a Grimm Male. Tastes of pink bubblegum, buds so dense they dent sheetrock LOL!

What shape are the cola on the nirvana strain? Block-head? Really triangular? Heavy indica influenced thick foxtailing colas like your purple wreck?

I think our 4 light room will be a lot better, we have cut out all extra nutrients, kept the ppm's lower than the last grow and left all leaves on there. Right now they are looking beautiful. I think they like the lower ppms(800 for the last 3 weeks, now 1000) beucase they were showing signs of stress when I had the ppm's up to 1300. I think they are on day 35 or so of flowering.

For sure, Ill keep my camera handy and let you grow masters give me pointers. My 4 lighter plants are sleeping right now so I dont want to bother them and the other rooms are pretty much unchanged since my last post. I think today we are going to install a light mover for our veg, but that is about it.

EDIT

BTW, I drained my 100g resivior and found all kinds of residue sticking to everything. I think it was mostly nothern lights doing the damage but just to be safe I didnt add any nutes yet. I am going to let it cycle one more time then drain it and then fill it again. I am not sure if I am going to add nutes since they are already in their 10th week of flowering. What do you guys think?

That is salt build up in your res and may be adding to your problems. Your res should be drained, cleaned, and refilled every week. You only add the nutes to your tank when you refill it and then top it off with plain ph'ed water as needed.

DomsChron said:
Maybe I can....take my hand!

hxxp://hempdepot.ca/seeds/TGA/index.htm
hxxp://www.cannaseur.com/cannashop/index.php?ccUser=&catId=2&act=viewCat
hxxp://www.breedbay.co.uk/auction/categories.php?category=Beans&parent=315

P.s. what is the hybrid of the nirvana strain? Subcool uses a Clone only Mom Bush Hash and crosses it with a Grimm Male. Tastes of pink bubblegum, buds so dense they dent sheetrock LOL!

What shape are the cola on the nirvana strain? Block-head? Really triangular? Heavy indica influenced thick foxtailing colas like your purple wreck?

Not sure of their genetics. But It has to long heavy indica buds. Real dense, uniform, and more big colas then small popcorn.

since we are on the topic of strains and you guys seem to have quite a few...

How much would your ppms differ from strain to strain? What about temperature, light, etc. Maybe our plants have different needs in flowering than most others?

growfox said:
since we are on the topic of strains and you guys seem to have quite a few...

How much would your ppms differ from strain to strain? What about temperature, light, etc. Maybe our plants have different needs in flowering than most others?

Light doesn't really matter, the more the merrier. PPM's of course are strain related. My Blueberry and Bubblegum could handle 1800 ppm., while the White Widow I had showed signs of burn at 900. Temperature is important 75-85 is ideal, however to get the purple strains to turn that dark purple most need daytime temps in the lows 70's and nighttime temps below 60.

I hope you guys dont mind my long posts, I type nearly as fast as I think so I never really consider the strain on the reader until I am done typing. Ill try to proof read them so they are simple and easy to read so you can just fly right through them.

Each grow seems to be a little different for us. First spidermites, next tip burn, and now we have wierd purple leaves as you just saw, and also now our 4 light room doesnt seem to like anything above 800ppms. Fortunatly each grow has got a little better each time and fortunatly using lower ppms will save us money on nutes so I guess I cant complain too much.

My best guess is that our veg is so dialed in and our roots are so white that they do not need the extra nutrient levels that our friend does with his grow op. Our veg is much more bushy and dense compared to when I first started doing this. Our fan leaves are HUGE compared to his.

But anyways, my friend installed the light rail for the veg so now we should be able to get rid of that mh light that was burning our clones. We pulled/harvested the rest of the plants in our larger 9 light room beucase all the lower buds were browned out and they werent growing anymore. The next few days will be cleaning up and waiting for the smaller plants in our veg to get bigger.

Since the 9 light room is done, now I can concentrate on our smaller 4 light room which has recently been showing signs of stress. Ill attach some pictures to give you a better idea of the situation. It looks like the same problem as before, with the purple leaves and all that, but this time, I flushed out the resivior for this room 4 days ago and it seems that the problem is continuing. Should I lower the ppms? Maybe stop using kool bloom? I might guess this is normal for this strain but our friend doesnt have this problem and ive never seen it do this the first 3 grows. The leaves seem to be curling downward as well. It's got progressivly worse since I flushed out the resivior. We dont have a PH meter, and I have brought this up several times to my friend that we need to get one, but he says that the PH of our tap water is fine... and he is the boss so, ultimatly it is up to him.

Ill look at some of those links you guys gave me in the mean time, but I still would appreciate your input.

On a side note, I just want to point out that when I say 'friend', im not always talking about the same person. One friend lives here and helps me grow. Hes the boss. Normally when I say anything related to what goes on in THIS place, I am talking about that friend. The other friend I refer to owns this house and rents it out to us and accepts payment by taking half of whatever we make. He never comes over here. Hes a cool guy most of the time, but he has some questionable qualities to him. This is the guy that gave us the flowering clones... :doh:

curledleaves.jpg

curledleaves2.jpg

curledleaves3.jpg

mostlyhealthy.jpg

prupleaf2.jpg

purpleaf.jpg

wideview.jpg

wideview2.jpg

purpleaf3.jpg

Latest posts

Back