Auto grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i could be WAY off though. im not good at guessing until a take the wet weight ;)

paul bunyan met my rrf today, and boy did he get his fingers and axe sticky as hell, babe wouldnt even let poor pauly touch him :p ;) :bong2:

RRF was at day 60 from sprouting, trichs were 100% cloudy. wet weight is in fellas. all the side branches weighed in at a whopping 78.2 grams, and the cola weighed in at 116.4 grams. 194.6 total wet weight. not bad.

here are some pics. that blue thing is a 12" ruler but it has a company name on it and i dont want my company name on here for obvious reasons... i forgot how long it takes to trim, i was busy all night but its so rewarding when finished. scissor hash is a HUGE plus :hubba:

3-16-10rrf1final.jpg

3-16-10rrf1final2.jpg

yeah im quite impressed with the wet weight. we'll see how much i get dry but 45 grams is a solid guess. i didnt expect that much. :D ill follow up with a mini smoke report hamster.

Dammmmmmm! Wally 194gm Wet! I Know You Were Smiling Long And Hard! What Size Light Were U Using Again?? And How Many Plants Undder That Light? Great Job Bro, Jus Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly, the 3 gallon pots made the plants 1/3 bigger than with 2 gallon pots. the 3 gallon are definately what im going with for autos from now on. no official dry weight yet though OHC ;)

wally150 said:
honestly, the 3 gallon pots made the plants 1/3 bigger than with 2 gallon pots. the 3 gallon are definately what im going with for autos from now on. no official dry weight yet though OHC ;)

I just picked up some "3 gallon" square pots at the hydro store last week. But I think they are not a true 3 gallons.... maybe 2.5.
I do like the uniform snug look but wish they were true to size.

Looking forward to more posts -
xox
:peace:

My understanding of Auto's is,,is that the deeper the Tap Root can go undenterupted,,the taller it will grow.;) So if ya start it out giving the Tap Root and of course the other roots as much room as possible,,the better the outcome.
I know it made a difference when I grew the Lowryder. Three times I grew it,,three times they got taller,, because I went to deeper pots each time.:hubba:
Now I like,, 10" PVC Pipe,,cut in two foot lengths.

WeedHopper said:
My understanding of Auto's is,,is that the deeper the Tap Root can go undenterupted,,the taller it will grow.;) So if ya start it out giving the Tap Root and of course the other roots as much room as possible,,the better the outcome.
I know it made a difference when I grew the Lowryder. Three times I grew it,,three times they got taller,, because I went to deeper pots each time.:hubba:
Now I like,, 10" PVC Pipe,,cut in two foot lengths.

the three gallon compared to the two gallon pots i have are only 2" taller, they are alot wider though, the differences with a bushy auto like the HBD is ridiculous. so what im getting outta this is with tall auto strains, get deep pots, and with autos that get bushy like the hbd, get wider pots. i think ill get twice the yield off the 3 gallon hbd compared to the one in a 2 gallon pot.

wally150 said:
the three gallon compared to the two gallon pots i have are only 2" taller, they are alot wider though, the differences with a bushy auto like the HBD is ridiculous. so what im getting outta this is with tall auto strains, get deep pots, and with autos that get bushy like the hbd, get wider pots. i think ill get twice the yield off the 3 gallon hbd compared to the one in a 2 gallon pot.

I'm also in 3 gal pots with Onyx and Mi5 as apposed to 5 gallon buckets I opted not to use so I hope I have similar results. Things look good so far for day 28 from seed. Posting pictures this weekend finally.

good to hear. if your using 3 gallon im sure youll have similar results to my rrf.

wally150 said:

Yep,,Thats why I like PVC,,I can make it as deep as I want wiothout going wider,,,And If i want to go wider,,that is easy. I go to a wider PVC pipe,,such as 12" and on and on. 10 to 12" in Diam. is plenty most the time. Hell ,ya can get PVC pipe bigger around then 5 gallon buckets.:hubba:
PVC Pipe wrks for Soil or Hydro grows. Works great with Hydro systems.;)

Ok, I'm sold on the 10" wide PVC Pipe. I've only worked with narrow PVC and it was the dickens to cut. What do you cut the wide stuff with?

Latest posts

Back