Auto v 12/12 regs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HemperFi said:
You go Hick,

I have really been wondering what to look for when the plants start showing either male or female. Thank you.

This is something that you are probably not going to have to worry about for 4-6 weeks, so don't get too anxious about this. Once you have seen the difference between a boy and a girl, you should have no problems identifying one from the other--just like in real life :p

Runbyhemp said:
<snip> What will it take for me to proove that what I say is true ? Should I do another journal ? Even then would you believe what I post ... maybe then I'm only fabricating results to prove a point. I'm guessing the only way you can prove it is do it yourself. <snip>

:aok: I would like to see you journal it. Including all the setup info, your lights, soil (or hydro) setup, ventilation...the whole 9 yards. Give us a full blown, seed to harvest, front row seat to your methods. Let us see in action, what you are trying to get us to believe.

I'm working on an experiment of my own. I have one of my new seedlings that I have put straight under 12/12 400w hps. She is one of a pair of Nirvana's Papaya strain, her sister is being grown normally under 24/0 until sexed, then into flowering. A side by side trial, if you will.

Love the bending on that Papaya Runby. Very very nice.

@ PuffinNugs - Know some ppl that do some SOG from seed directly to 12/12 and the difference is that they can put 30 plants in a 13 square foot, instead of 8 with 2/3 weeks veg.

That plant looks more then 2 weeks veg ... i would bet 3 or 3 1/2;).

It is all in the way you want to do things. :aok:

Runbyhemp said:
Will start a journal soon. Best of luck in your experiments. The main thing is to enjoy and have fun. Have grown Papaya several times now, you won't be disappointed. Actually have monster Papaya plant in flowering tent at the moment that was vegged outdoors for few months. Have clones from her that I took a month ago which will be put into flowering any day.

Not all plants will stretch like the pic you posted above Puffin'. It's just matter of finding the right strain ;)

Here are pics of Papaya:
View attachment 175401 View attachment 175402
I hate to engage in this debate as I don't have the experience to offer my opinion or experience. :eek: However I have to make an observation and ask a question; Runby, you have stated that growing under 12/12 from seed produces equal quality in less time. I am not doubting you at this point, but if that is true, why do you grow plants outside in veg for several months when you can complete the grow faster using your stated method? Not trying to be sarcastic, just curious. :)

WELL like someone dead once said...put up or shut up.

Criteria should be thus: same strain,same medium method, same lumens/light footprint, right down to the venting/heating.

7greeneyes said:
WELL like someone dead once said...put up or shut up.

Criteria should be thus: same strain,same medium method, same lumens/light footprint, right down to the venting/heating.

:confused2: We are "putting up". Runbyhemp and PuffinNugs are showing and discussing past results, and myself starting out my own test and journaling the results. Nobody's talking out their "anal sphincters".

Here, hit this!

:bong:

Latest posts

Back