Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give straight water the last couple weeks, and to me, that seems the same as flushing.
The goal is for the plant to use up the remaining nutrients so it isn’t in the smoke, right?
I figure as long as that goal is accomplished one way, or the other, you’re good.
I do drown them pretty good those last few waterings, though.
Hey brudda.... exactly correct. and if done right the plant will show you. to me it seems like many growers have forgotten this aspect and you don't see plants being finished properly afraid it may affect their yield.
and if using salt based foods which if not OMRI Organic and your not flushing, your smoking all the foods you ran thru your plants.. and why it tastes funny or all the same.. why it leaves behind a black ash that is difficult to flick off the ash.. all bad signs.

So yes, pure water last 2wks is perfect, but, you always want to jump start it with a small flushing to remove the junk and jump start the flush.. now the plant will not find any foods within the medium, or not enuff, and will now begin to rob from within itself. Nitrogen first, bottom of plant only... so you know it's from a flush and not a deficiency.. not all elements are mobile but the ones that are will be stolen from within the plant itself causing wonderful colors or Red, oranges, purple hues. and at the point of most harvests your just not seeing this.. even growing organically this is a must..

Is it the fact we are making hybrids and they are more resilient plants, or have developed so that they are not food pigs or something.

Last edited:
Flush this.😋

How the fk do they fertilize all this weed😱

tall-stock-of-a-mature-herbal-cannabis-plant-ready-for-harvest-at-a-cbd-oil-hemp-marijuana.jpg
360_F_608603975_mg5u24BY2r9xW16sHMmTqUgieP4a4kX9.jpg

Hey brudda.... exactly correct. and if done right the plant will show you. to me it seems like many growers have forgotten this aspect and you don't see plants being finished properly afraid it may affect their yield.
and if using salt based foods which if not OMRI Organic and your not flushing, your smoking all the foods you ran thru your plants.. and why it tastes funny or all the same.. why it leaves behind a black ash that is difficult to flick off the ash.. all bad signs.

So yes, pure water last 2wks is perfect, but, you always want to jump start it with a small flushing to remove the junk and jump start the flush.. now the plant will not find any foods within the medium, or not enuff, and will now begin to rob from within itself. Nitrogen first, bottom of plant only... so you know it's from a flush and not a deficiency.. not all elements are mobile but the ones that are will be stolen from within the plant itself causing wonderful colors or Red, oranges, purple hues. and at the point of most harvests your just not seeing this.. even growing organically this is a must..

Is it the fact we are making hybrids and they are more resilient plants, or have developed so that they are not food pigs or something.
I don't text book flush. My pot tastes fine. I use salts too. All salts.
Straight tap water last 4 waterings to runoff and BAM done. Two weeks is to long for me. I've even feed up to the last day and no I'll effects in flavor.

I don't text book flush. My pot tastes fine. I use salts too. All salts.
Straight tap water last 4 waterings to runoff and BAM done. Two weeks is to long for me. I've even feed up to the last day and no I'll effects in flavor.
We'll have to study your body 20yrs from now to see why you crystalized.... you salty mofo..

Your so correct about the entire process is what takes it over the top... why anyone would want to smoke chemicals will always be beyond me. Want to find out how many metals your smoking not flushing, nuke a stem and see if sparks fly, usually they do. this is the salt build up spots reacting to the high heat.. flashes blue then white.. can actually set a bud on fire. to cool..

I guess it all comes down to personal choices. I take great pride in organics and the tremendous flavor that comes along with it. In my 22yrs of doing this, I've done everything but hydro, just not my gig in the temps we get here, reservoirs were never in my menu to doing hiding it all for so long... now it's a small tent in the spare room...

And them big fields of weed get flushed too... rain does it and why fertilizing it is so important in order to replinish the foods but, if the deep soil is taken care of during the off season and fed organics, no feeding would need to be done, mostly pest control.. and this is where a landrace comes in with natural build ups to deter local demons.. or maybe huge praying mantis'... muwahahaha.

To each his own...

Luckily with both of us hurting tonight, I had watered last night so the plants are good for now. been watering every other night it seems. which I actually like as I prefer to keep a good eye on my plants.

And guess what people. something I held back this entire grow... 12/12 lighting. Proof Autos can be grown successfully under any light cycle. I've done them all to, 24/0, 18/6, 14/10 and 12/12... even 10/14. I believe in experimenting and I've had 17yrs of Autos to do so.. made lots of mistakes along my journey.
cool part is, I'll make a few more from here on and maybe, just maybe, we can all learn from them.. LMAO

IMG_20240524_193803.jpg
IMG_20240524_193746.jpg
IMG_20240524_193727.jpg
IMG_20240524_193716.jpg

We'll have to study your body 20yrs from now to see why you crystalized.... you salty mofo..

Your so correct about the entire process is what takes it over the top... why anyone would want to smoke chemicals will always be beyond me. Want to find out how many metals your smoking not flushing, nuke a stem and see if sparks fly, usually they do. this is the salt build up spots reacting to the high heat.. flashes blue then white.. can actually set a bud on fire. to cool..

I guess it all comes down to personal choices. I take great pride in organics and the tremendous flavor that comes along with it. In my 22yrs of doing this, I've done everything but hydro, just not my gig in the temps we get here, reservoirs were never in my menu to doing hiding it all for so long... now it's a small tent in the spare room...

And them big fields of weed get flushed too... rain does it and why fertilizing it is so important in order to replinish the foods but, if the deep soil is taken care of during the off season and fed organics, no feeding would need to be done, mostly pest control.. and this is where a landrace comes in with natural build ups to deter local demons.. or maybe huge praying mantis'... muwahahaha.

To each his own...
Thanks Carty. Now I feel as though I'm smoking blue spark strain verses the fecal brown spark one gets with organics.. LMFAO.

You nailed it. We all do it differently but get the job done.

Latest posts

Back