AZshwagg's First Grow!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man, Well, one fan is hitting the fan and one fan is hitting the plants, but not directly. Also the reason for two fans is because the bigger plant streched out too long and I wanted to thick'n the stem by blowing air thru the leaves. Also, reason for air movement is because the natural CO2 around the leaf will be used fairly quick, moving the air around the leaves ensures Proper CO2 consumption. Also, the flourex lights I have bought have heat dispersing holes on the side of the protected clear lense making it perfect for the fans on the side, air travels inn and removes hot air. This feature only comes on the ones that I bought on ebay. What's is "c-25"? But thanks for the info I will reconfigure my plan if sum thing goes wrong.
UseryP@ss said:
hey AzSwagg, I have those fluorex lights also, I have 2, but got mine at Home Depot, anyways you should remove that plastic lens as it traps heat thus making it hotter, your light fixure wont last as long. Those 2 fans facing each other really aren't doing squat but circling the hot air around thus putting stress on your CPU fans, should just use one blowing under light. Looks great, is that one of those c-25's from Home Depot? I am in Az. east valley also and well my shed is getting fricken hot 100 degrees and can't grow until October when it's cooler out, good luck. My plants also fluorished under the 2 65 watt fluorex they are great vegetative lights, if only they made a warm white for flower.

Okay, I'm using the brand " Super Soil Potting Soil".

What's in it:
-Total nitrogen.........0.14%
0.01% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
0.01% Nitrate Nitrogen
0.01% Water soluble Organic Nitrogen
0.01% Water In soluble Organic Nitrogen
Available phosphate (P2-O2)......0.09%
Soluble Potash(K2O).........0.02%
Iron (Fe)......0.25%
It also say's that it gauranteed to maintain a PH level of 5.5-6.5. And also comes with Peat moss, Fir bark, Redwood, Canadain sphagnum and clean sand. I also used a mix of Perilite mixed with a coco additive. Thats all what's in my soil. It's no ferting for up to 90 days, it say it gives it all natural plant food. Were can I buy that "Black Gold soil", My plants suffered cause I started to nute in the begining of the 2 nd week, bad mistake!!! So for my next grow soil will be changed for sure!!! And my pH pen didn't work, ahhhhhhhhhhhh! we'll see. Hope to see you around UseryP@ss and thanks for all the information, made me think......

UseryP@ss said:
What soil are you using AZSwagg? Your plants should look better then it does, did something happen? Nute burn? Well since your in Arizona the best soil I found is at nurseries NOT HOME DEPOT or LOWE's a real nursery is Black Gold soil and never had a leaf discolor or any tips burn, mix with some perlite and your set, I was amazed at the growth I got with the Fluorex and soil combo. I always water and feed with a 6.5 ph and used organic ferts I purchased in Tempe at a local shop there, Earth Juice bloom is all I used in flower.

I've been having a problem with the bigger plant and I saw a similar problem on this check list, this is what it said:

This condition is rare and usually buffered by pH limitations. Excess phosphorus can interfere with the availability and stability of copper and zinc.

Potassium is involved in maintaining the water status of the plant and the tugor pressure of it's cells and the opening and closing of the stomata. Potassium is required in the accumulation and translocation of carbohydrates. Lack of potassium will reduce yield and quality.

Older leaves are initially chlorotic but soon develop dark necrotic lesions (dead tissue). First apparent on the tips and margins of the leaves. Stem and branches may become weak and easily broken, the plant may also stretch. The plant will become susceptible to disease and toxicity. In addition to appearing to look like iron deficiency, the tips of the leaves curl and the edges burn and die.

Potassium - Too much sodium (Na) displaces K, causing a K deficiency. Sources of high salinity are: baking soda (sodium bicarbonate "pH-up"), too much manure, and the use of water-softening filters (which should not be used). If the problem is Na, flush the soil. K can get locked up from too much Ca or ammonium nitrogen, and possibly cold weather.

heres is a comparison of both leaves:
P_Decifient_G.jpg

DSCF0289.JPG

DSCF0290.JPG

DSCF0291.JPG

Okay the bigger one is on day 44 (sprouted 03-26-06)and the little one is on day 40 (sprouted 03-30-06). The bigger one is on a growth sprout and is showing signs on the inner part of the leaves, pic's are included. Also, once it starts show signs in the inner part of the plant does that mean it's starting to mature? How long till full maturity? So what do you guy's think. Oh yeah, Bro G that nute thing we talked about worked out perfectly, thanks!

2005_0513mpmfforupdates0002.JPG

2005_0513mpmfforupdates0001.JPG

2005_0513mpmfforupdates0003.JPG

2005_0513mpmfforupdates0004.JPG

2005_0513mpmfforupdates0006.JPG

looking very nice AZ.....nice lush green :) great work

Lookin good AZ, nice lush little babies! Keep it up your doin great ;)

Beautiful AZshwagg. Babies are lookin great.

thank you all for your kind words! But I wouldn't of been able to do it if it wasn't for this site, thanks everyone!!!!!!

Whats up AZ. I see your babies are doing great. Last time i seen your babies they were drooping bigtime. Glad to see you got everything turned around. Great job man.

Okay, Today is day 01 of flowering I transplanted the small one into bigger pot hopeing it will get growth spurt. I'm useing a 150 watt HPS, hope I get sum good bud.

PS: Any good vibes or Karma is welcomed, Hahahahahahaha!!!

2005_0515mpmfforupdates0029.JPG

2005_0515mpmfforupdates0027.JPG

2005_0515mpmfforupdates0028.JPG

AZshwagg said:
Okay, Today is day 01 of flowering I transplanted the small one into bigger pot hopeing it will get growth spurt. I'm useing a 150 watt HPS, hope I get sum good bud.

PS: Any good vibes or Karma is welcomed, Hahahahahahaha!!!
Whats up AZ. Looking good. You should be able to tell if you have male or female in a week or so. I toss some GREEN THUMB KARMA your way. I hope they are both female AZ. Good luck man.
fing32.gif

Thanks Bro "G", just in case I forgot or you are wondering I have the lamp bout 12 inches from the plants. Thanks for the the karma TBG I'll need every little bit!!!!!!

hey biznatch, i finally cloned one of my plants n' theres one here for your ass.

The tall one is growing great and the little one is starting to show more growth. hopefully i'll find out what gender they are pretty soon........

2005_0520mpmfforupdates0002.JPG

2005_0520mpmfforupdates0003.JPG

2005_0520mpmfforupdates0004.JPG

2005_0520mpmfforupdates0001.JPG

2005_0520mpmfforupdates0006.JPG

2005_0520mpmfforupdates0008.JPG

Whats up AZ. Your plants are looking great. I see they are enjoying that HPS light. Your doing a great job man keep it up.

Very nice lookin plants AZ, keepin my fingers crossed for ya ;)

Dude, my advice is to post what it was that turned your plants around, so some other guy in the same boat can get ideas how to fix it.

The problem was that I nuted on the 2nd week of veg like the bottle of "Grow Big " says and one plant died and the other was badly damaged. But after trial and error and help from TBG I started to give them nutes in small doses, 1\4 tsp dose of "Grow Big" and 1\4 tsp of "Super Thrive" per gallon and it worked. So, From now on I'm only adding nutes on the third week of veg at 1\4 dose. Another problem I think I was not aware was the watering, I would always water alot, I would keep pouring till I saw water come out the bottom before stopping. Now I water with less water but just enough to reach the bottom. And thats what turned my plants around, and for the newbis the best advice is DON'T NUTE TOO SOON!!!! Or your plants will pay with there life, hahahaha!
Zarnon said:
Dude, my advice is to post what it was that turned your plants around, so some other guy in the same boat can get ideas how to fix it.

HPS all the way!!! I love this light alot it's making beauties grow extra fast!!!
THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up AZ. Your plants are looking great. I see they are enjoying that HPS light. Your doing a great job man keep it up.

Latest posts

Back