BBPs' Blue Mystic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gangotri said:
Hey man, here where I live some farmers make cuttings on the mango tree stem and say that it produces more mangoes this way. Their explanation is that the tree understands its life is in danger and tries to produce a lot in order to guarantee reproduction. The same principle is probably right for MJ too. But I wonder, maybe there is a risk that your plant becomes a hermie if you keep on pinching and twinsting it?
I stopped pinching and twisting before 12/12 so hopefully she'll be fine:). She's getting so big, so quick. Hope the bud production is like the veggie production:D.

gangotri said:
Hey man, here where I live some farmers make cuttings on the mango tree stem and say that it produces more mangoes this way. Their explanation is that the tree understands its life is in danger and tries to produce a lot in order to guarantee reproduction. The same principle is probably right for MJ too. But I wonder, maybe there is a risk that your plant becomes a hermie if you keep on pinching and twinsting it?

well isnt this theory similar to the 72 hour darkness b4 harvest method? in the 72 hour darkness method, the plant is not gettin watered and is sittin in darkness for 72 hours, thus making it think shes in danger and she will use all the rest of her energy to produce resin or w/e to try and survive.

same?

azntigerdude said:
well isnt this theory similar to the 72 hour darkness b4 harvest method? in the 72 hour darkness method, the plant is not gettin watered and is sittin in darkness for 72 hours, thus making it think shes in danger and she will use all the rest of her energy to produce resin or w/e to try and survive.

same?

Could be, yes!

No, I don't think it's the same at all. Some people even think the 72 hour thing is a myth. This method could be compared to topping in how it works. What happens when you make the break is all growth above the break stops until the break heals. Growth under the break, stems, branches, leaves and stalk, keeps growing resulting in thick stems and a lot of undergrowth. I wouldn't compare it to the 72 hours of darkness method.

Named her yesterday:D. She's coming along great. Wish I had a better cam so I could show you all the stalk. She's drinking around 80-96 oz every 3 days. I'm hoping the vertical growth will stop soon, she's getting tall. Thanks for stopping by:cool2:.

Bushy girl. Theres over 20 bud sites on her.

bud 051.jpg

bud 052.jpg

bud 053.jpg

BBP, nice plant man! I'm really surprised how it just took off once given a lil TLC. When you say you "break the stems" between the nodes, do you mean you actually snap them to the point that there's actually a physical crack in the stem? Or do you just pinch them basically crushing the inside of the stem? I'm interested in this supercropping method, but I'm just trying to get a more specific procedure.

Thanks

Pinch until the inside of the stem is broken. NEVER BREAK THE OUTSIDE OF THE STEM!!!!

I noticed some nice lil bud clusters so I sexed her with my PW pollen. Still on my search for a good purple hybrid. I'm expecting a very nice yield from her but aren't we always:p? Wishful thinking, I guess. Thanks for looking!

She is overtaking my room:eek:! She's not getting tall anymore just very bushy. I keep having to tuck leaves under bud sites so they can get light. I'm hoping for a heavy yield, she's so bushy:D! The last pic is of a clone of her...my other 4 haven't rooted in 14 days:(.

bud 058.jpg

bud 059.jpg

bud 060.jpg

bud 061.jpg

how big were they b4 u did the breaking thing? and can you tell me how its done.

Capone said:
how big were they b4 u did the breaking thing? and can you tell me how its done.
They had alternating nodes before I pinched. What I did was pinch the stem right above the 1st nodes. When that healed, I pinched the 3rd, then the 5th, so on and so on. Just make sure to pinch until you hear a pop but don't break the outside of the stem!!!

She's budding FAST:D!!! She loves nutes too. I've always heard she was difficult to grow but imo she's a very easy plant to grow. Great for people who can't help but feed nutes:). I now have 4 rooted clones of her so if she's good she'll be around for a while;).

bud 063.jpg

bud 064.jpg

bud 066.jpg

bud 068.jpg

NICE DUDE...i tried that with my SICK plant in hope of it re-enforcing growth...hope i didnt kill it...Thanks man

Latest posts

Back