Begginer's luck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well in you guys opinion, would you flower them asap? like within a week or so? or veg longer then flower. please keep in mind i want to flower my white widow soon too. i know to harvest my plants early for cloudy trichs, but how much would my plant yield avg w/ 2 week veg and 12 weeks flowering? i know i know its almost impossible to tell, but just an estimate? ]=

Im new to all this, so I cant really help ya out, but I gotta say, your WWs are looking beautiful. Is there a reason why you split the two under different lights? Or, just because of what youve got.

hey thanks for dropping by keepsten and thanks for commenting my wws. my max for my vegging room is 6 and since hps does the bare minimum job at growing, i stuck my skunks under it. haha. visit again tomorrow or monday. imma upload fotos of them.

CasualGrower said:
Your WW's are looking Great.... There have been MANY reports recently about how touchy the WW's are with Nutes... Looks like you are doing it right though....
thanks for the kind words, hopefully theyll stay healthy and strong b/c i wanna clone the crap outta them. haha.

420benny said:
cannabis, I am sorry to mess with your gj. I saw an open door and couldn't stop myself. I like what you have going on there. Later, and I can't answer your question, but I can bump.
hahaha its cool, beats my friend saying "thats what she said" after every sentence. lmao

cadlakmike1 said:
I've grown the same strain of Super Skunk several times and it has an extremely long flower time for a predominantly Indica strain. It really depends on what you want your trichs to look like, I let mine get to at least 50% amber 50% cloudy, if not leaning more to the amber side which takes me approximately 12 weeks. That's been my experience.
hey mike, i took a look at your grow journal for the skunks. all i have to say is good job and i hope my skunks are going to turn successful as yours.

foto update.

2r31.JPG

32tg.JPG

634eh.JPG

dah44w.JPG

fhb34.JPG

fjmtr.JPG

g34h54n.JPG

gjmg.JPG

h43.JPG

h43es.JPG

Danggggg, Ive heard that most pets go straight for bud when they smell it. They must know its delicious too. Hope hes okay, and he enjoys it, cause im sure it was an expensive meal for em.

Your plants look great though. I read there is actually only one type of plant, just a ton of different strains of it. But, looking at your two plants, you can see how different the leaves are.

How long have you had those babies growin?

KeepsTen said:
Danggggg, Ive heard that most pets go straight for bud when they smell it. They must know its delicious too. Hope hes okay, and he enjoys it, cause im sure it was an expensive meal for em.

Your plants look great though. I read there is actually only one type of plant, just a ton of different strains of it. But, looking at your two plants, you can see how different the leaves are.

How long have you had those babies growin?

thanks for the consolation keeps. to come think of it, that mutt just dozed off after i yelled at him. lol. yeah you really can tell which is sativa and indica. i never thought it would have looked this different. i am currently on day 10 since germination.:)

homegrown998 said:
Do the skunks smell during vedge?

i don't think cannabis stinks during veg, only while flowering, (well, atleast mine doesnt lol):rolleyes:

Some strains are real stinky during veg and even better, or worse during flowering, depending on the fear factor going on where you grow.

Sorry to hear about the mishap with the pup.

homegrown998 said:
Do the skunks smell during vedge?

My experience with skunk is that it really starts to stink after about 12", even while still in veg. If you brush up against it the smell gets a lot worse. I do a lot of pinching and that lets a ton of smell out when I'm doing it. Once they start getting healthy buds it stinks horribly. It really will smell like a skunk but sometimes it even smell like road kill. Just be prepared to have to deal with odor control.

cadlakmike1 said:
Sorry to hear about the mishap with the pup.

My experience with skunk is that it really starts to stink after about 12", even while still in veg. If you brush up against it the smell gets a lot worse. I do a lot of pinching and that lets a ton of smell out when I'm doing it. Once they start getting healthy buds it stinks horribly. It really will smell like a skunk but sometimes it even smell like road kill. Just be prepared to have to deal with odor control.

Road kill? Thats weird... I thought they called it skunk cause it smelled so strong, not that it smelled bad.

thanks cadlamike.

hopefully these skunks stink soon. im tired of smelling ash in my room.. lol.
dang i cant believe im still on this site 430 in the morning.. i got finals this week. hahaha. pz

:holysheep: its official i'm going to start flowering my skunks today. i was extremely surprised to find my room smelling this heavy when i woke up this afternoon. lol. does anyone know if they are going to get worse from here on out? or about the same? and is arm and hammer baking soda enough? or do i need more for the smell? thanks in advance.
to those who are still in school goodluck on finals.
and here are some fotos.

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

What was your criterion for switching over to flower? Im not really sure when I can. I dont even know when ill know when theyll start to show male/female...

Looks great though, hope mine look half as nice.

hey keeps, my judgment to switch the times was solely based on the smell and the longggggg flowering period. (12-14 weeks) hopefully theyll grow 2 or 3 times the size during the flowering period. if space is not your issue, you should let them grow about 2 feet or 24 inches before flowering them. b/c i heard that they grow 2 or 3x the size during flowering. and after the second week you should be able to tell if its male or female. and dont worry, your plants are going to yeild 2x as much as mine!

Told you they were going to stink...and it's going to get a lot worse. If you are surprised by the smell know, wait until they are 8+ weeks into flower. There is a great thread on here about a DIY carbon scrubber. Are you just leaving an open container of baking soda in there for odor control? If so that's not going to do anything coming up here real soon.

KeepsTen said:
Road kill? Thats weird... I thought they called it skunk cause it smelled so strong, not that it smelled bad.

Believe it or not they will actually smell like a skunk but it's a strangely good smell, almost sweet but stinky. It's hard to explain but if you ever come across a strong skunk strain you'll know what I mean.

sheesh i'm on a budget and i heard carbon filters can get expensive mike. didnt expect this sudden smell though, threw me off haha. crap. any walmart based products i can use/build? thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back