Bending

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melnick

Reaction score
I have always bent my girls around a wire, so the plant would grow in a circle, about 6 inches in diameter. I did this to keep my girls small. It was an experiment that went wrong. They are tied from about three weeks till I cut them down. I have had major problems and little results. I was wondering if tying them down so long would cause any issues. Thank you.

I really don't think tying them down would cause major problems. What are the problems you are having?

As long as you are not breaking the branches, just bending and not breaking the actual stalk, you should be fine. in fact, if it is done correctly, the bent branches should go str8 up again, seeking the light, and thus bushing out your plant, which I think is what you are after correct?

A little more info would help.

Melnick said:
I have always bent my girls around a wire, so the plant would grow in a circle, about 6 inches in diameter. I did this to keep my girls small. It was an experiment that went wrong. They are tied from about three weeks till I cut them down. I have had major problems and little results. I was wondering if tying them down so long would cause any issues. Thank you.
Wait...what what the question?:confused::watchplant:

Just wanted to know if you tied down a plant for about 3 month, would that cause additional stress, which might lead to other problems.

No....I have pics of my stalkhttp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43426
and that plant is well over 8'lookin for 9' ~

I've LST and Super cropped both my od plants this year and couldnt be happier thus far ~
Still lookin for finished flowers though ~

Sorry. I get it now. I was kinda baked earlier.

I would do your own experiment. 2 plants: 1 you should SC and LST. The other, just leave. See which gives you more in your situation.

I tie the heck out of my plants to keep them within the height limitations I have without any problems. I do try to get the tying done before flowering but I've tied during flowering too :). Actually, tying them down creates another issue - more buds! I'd rather have 1 or 2 large colas but noooooo, colas everywhere. So then I need a screen to manage the canopy...

Yup, just got done readin Turkeys journal on his dwc......

It was a silly question, but I had to ask. Thanks for the help.

I always abuse my males to see how far I can push the plants...They are amazing.I snapped the stem in three places on one and it sent up tops from every node :D It's good practice.
Stay Cool

Latest posts

Back