Brown stalk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Reaction score
about an inch beneath the soil the main trunk of my stalk is brown. But my other one is green, which I'm assuming is the healthy one. I'm guessing. Help me please!

can you take a pic? When the stalk reaches a certain maturity it gets woody and brown, also. Could that be it or do you know it is something else?

Hungarian Gypsy said:
It has filled out more. I'm trying to add a pic at the moment

It's filled out more now.Apparently the pic has been used in another file. Gimme a while.

Take yer time . i check in more often these days, maybe i can help

that links to your posts under 'odd' , are those the pics you meant? From dec 3rd? or do you have recent ones of the area affected?

Sol said:
that links to your posts under 'odd' , are those the pics you meant? From dec 3rd? or do you have recent ones of the area affected?

They are my pics. I'm in the middle of putting new ones up right now.

Can't post pics. I think I'm following the directions right, for some reason it's not accepting the pic. UUUGGGGGGHHHHH!

Hey Gypsy, anytime you need to post a pic that has already been posted here, just right click on it and click edit. then resize the pic by just a little then resave it in a different location (like my documents or desktop) and rename it at the same time. It only takes a minute to do that and the AI here will accept it when you try to attach it again. :)

Hushpuppy said:
Hey Gypsy, anytime you need to post a pic that has already been posted here, just right click on it and click edit. then resize the pic by just a little then resave it in a different location (like my documents or desktop) and rename it at the same time. It only takes a minute to do that and the AI here will accept it when you try to attach it again. :)

Thanks Hush :)

Pics

BrownStalk.jpg

BrownStalk1.jpg

I don't think thats any big deal, as long as shes' healthy in all other respects. If i'm seeing right ,that would be under the soil line, so could be just the transformation to the rooting base. Just my opinion, i'm no pro. As long as it is'nt wilting away down there , i would'nt worry. See what others say, i could be wrong.

Nietzsche is great.

That looks fine to me. It looks like the stem is getting woody there. They get ugly at the soil line as they get older. The first pic I saw some leaves that looked a bit droopy though. That could be something to be concerned about. can you show a bigger pic of the whole plant?

Looks a bit overwatered...but that woody mainstem is fine. Happens to the older growth as others posted b4 me.

Hushpuppy said:
That looks fine to me. It looks like the stem is getting woody there. They get ugly at the soil line as they get older. The first pic I saw some leaves that looked a bit droopy though. That could be something to be concerned about. can you show a bigger pic of the whole plant?

The wilting leaves are also a concern I have. They only start to wilt about halfway DOWN. The top leaves & branches look good. I am anal about keeping my babies on a strict schedule including watering, light, and everything else.

Mmm...That doesn't sound very good. The stems can get all kinds of ugly as they get older BUUT given that the other plant is green and (I assume these are fairly young plants of the same age and strain) AND you have the lower half of the plant has wilting leaves, that is concerning. That could be some root rot trying to take over. I am not a soil guy so I am not up on the soil issues. I would look super close like with a magnifying lense at the leaves and soil to see if there are any bugs attacking. Thrips are notorious for starting out low on a plant and working their way up, and they are very hard to see.

Latest posts

Back