Can you tell if this is male or female yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amateur Grower

Blending in...
Reaction score
1st grow, newbie, yada yada yada. Every step along the way is a new experience for me. Can you tell if this is a female? I swear, I think I see pistils. I tried a bunch of pics and this is the best I can come up with. Thanks in advance for your help. I am so grateful I found this site. You guys are the best!

AG:watchplant:

Is It Female.jpg

You look like you are only a few days into flower. Give it a few more days and take more pics and post them. Even if that plant were male you have some time before it needs to be pulled.

sorta looks like a couple of pistils on the branch behind the main branch(topped), but it is hard to tell with these pics.
I am gonna go out on a limb here though and say female b/c of that branch.

to tough to tell from that pic for me. Like pcduck said that branch in the background could be showing some pistils but still hard to see!

Is this the only plant you have going?

Questions without answers, and if that branch tells my sex then all my plants are female, fingers crossed! lol really youve got to wait a little longer, Im being impatient to trust me I just flipped yesterday and when the lights are on I check ever so often. I feel like a little kid again at christmas when they first turn over cause I wanna know how many little girls Ill have to provide for intill its time to chop chop.

I've still got them on 18/6. I thought you weren't supposed to begin to flower until pre-flowers show?

I've got 6 more, but this is the biggest and only one that seems to be preflowering.

Checking again tonight, I definitely believe I see pistils! I'll wait a day or two longer and post more pics.

AG

How old is the plant? If it has been in veg for 4-6 weeks you should be able to presex it. Males have raised calyxes and females do not but have two tiny white hairs. You look on the newest growth.

that picture isnt clear enough to tell, but i see no indication of sex.

How long they been vegging for?

Amateur Grower said:
I've still got them on 18/6. I thought you weren't supposed to begin to flower until pre-flowers show?

I've got 6 more, but this is the biggest and only one that seems to be preflowering.

Checking again tonight, I definitely believe I see pistils! I'll wait a day or two longer and post more pics.

AG
I see alternating nodes... they're sexually mature and ready to induce flowering.. ;)

pcduck said:
sorta looks like a couple of pistils on the branch behind the main branch(topped), but it is hard to tell with these pics.
I am gonna go out on a limb here though and say female b/c of that branch.

yep i see the same ones i am betting female also;)

Hello AG :)

Here is a pic of alternating nodes, you have the same in the background of your picture.

The yellow pointer is to where you need to focus your attention.

:peace:

2 2 alt.JPG

2 2 alt 2.JPG

Well, today I can see the pistils more clearly. I'm able to sex 2 out of 7 but I can't get any good pics because I've got a crappy camera. I'll try to get some posted once the pistils get more pronounced.

AG

Latest posts

Back