CFL PC Grow- Jackberry x KO Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. The vent was blowing and I could feel it with my hand. I basically made a box with a missing bottom portion so the air could escape without letting light in or out. I removed the trap to see if it had an effect on the temperature and sure enough, my temps went down. I'm sketching out ideas for a different trap at the moment.

Another day, another set of pictures.

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

:woohoo: lookin like good steady progress, very nice as so far :aok:

What are you using for exhaust? I really would think it would be fairly easy to keep your space cool with that amount of light.

I forgot the CFM of the fan I'm using but I remember it's in the low 40's. I spoke to someone else who had a grow like mine and said he had to upgrade to a rather large exhaust fan (well outside of fitting room for my box) to help cool his. While I would like to do that, I don't want to spend anymore money.

I have decided to just deal with it for the moment because the temperature is dropping rapidly here in SoCal. My temps were 81 this morning when I watered and that was with the lights on all night and the window open. I figure it will be another week or so before I don't have to worry about 90 degree temperatures anymore.

Some pictures I took a couple of minutes ago. :icon_smile:

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

I'm not worried about it. As I've said before, even though my intake and exhaust are working well, my temps are controlled by ambient temperature in my room. It's getting very chilly outside so my temps will follow. The light was on all night and when I checked it this morning, the temp was 85. So it is going down, slowly but surely.

I couldn't sleep tonight so this is about 5 hours earlier than it would have been. I gave them each 2 cups of PH'd water and there was a good amount of runoff. I'm excited to see what day 14 brings as Buds for Less says they will hit a rapid growth spurt.

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

TerrorAP2 said:
I forgot the CFM of the fan I'm using but I remember it's in the low 40's. I spoke to someone else who had a grow like mine and said he had to upgrade to a rather large exhaust fan (well outside of fitting room for my box) to help cool his. While I would like to do that, I don't want to spend anymore money.

I have decided to just deal with it for the moment because the temperature is dropping rapidly here in SoCal. My temps were 81 this morning when I watered and that was with the lights on all night and the window open. I figure it will be another week or so before I don't have to worry about 90 degree temperatures anymore.

While you may not want to spend any more money, good ventilation is almost as important as your lighting. High temps can result in light airy buds or worse. IMO, it is folly to not get your ventilation set up right and you ultimately will pay for it in lower yield--maybe way lower yield.

IMO, "Buds for Less" is a useless piece of literature that is mostly fabrication--I would never be consulting it for grow info.

As I've said before, this is an experiment with "freebie" seeds. I don't care about yield. This is just me trying my hand at a PC grow. This is the first time I've ever used CFL's and will probably be the last.

Otherwise, I would be growing in a cabinet or closet with my 600w HPS that has been collecting dust since I bought it.

I keep thinking the same thing. We did have a heat wave come through my area but tomorrow and the rest of the week is supposed to be a high of 70. I can't wait. I've been running my fans on full blast at night while the lights are on.

Oh yeah, I forgot to post it, but I switched to 12/12 about 3 days ago. My original intention was to run 12/12 from seed, but got side tracked. So I figured I would just run it for the rest of the plant's life.

Looking good terror, Ill keep watching this one. I started mine with cfls too but Im switching to hps in a day or two. green mojo to you sir!

Plants are looking good buddy! I was pissed cause I got my order from sannie but didn't get the jb x k.o. kush freebies like I had requested. Got jb x nycd. Still sounds amazing but come on....berry kushy goodness trumps berrys dipped in petrol. Haha. But, they were free so who am I too complain.

Digging the setup. I love micro. Just so efficient for personal meds. In that cab you could probably just flower clones. Mini perpetual! Look up dr. Bud greengenes if you haven't already. Purely inspirational for mini growers. I know where your coming from getting the feel for a new grow space and "experimenting" and I apologize for the fact that you've had to say that over and over man.

@ everyone complaining about temps and when to flower:
Yes, those factors might hurt yield but sometimes yield or how dense the buds are doesn't matter. If he ends up with each plant yielded a gram that's still bud he grew himself. Don't sit there and say "were only trying to help" cause if that were the case you would have stated what you had to say once instead multiple times.

Keep on growing my Cali brotha!!! Can't wait to see you rock this ****. What other seeds did you get. I got me some of that chocolate rain. Mmmmm. **** lemon drops and gum drops(hope I'm not the only one who gets this reference).

dckush

I ordered the Jackberry F3. It's funny that you should mention clones. After this grow, I plan on trying my hand at some Pre 98 Bubba.

Haha!! No way. That's effin nuts cause I have one about 4 weeks from chop! it'll take just about anything you can dish man! I got mine from a buddy and I just flowered it right out the gate. I tied it down like mad. And then again and again haha. All my buds are the same size and putting on some nice weight.

DCkush said:
Plants are looking good buddy! I was pissed cause I got my order from sannie but didn't get the jb x k.o. kush freebies like I had requested. Got jb x nycd. Still sounds amazing but come on....berry kushy goodness trumps berrys dipped in petrol. Haha. But, they were free so who am I too complain.

Digging the setup. I love micro. Just so efficient for personal meds. In that cab you could probably just flower clones. Mini perpetual! Look up dr. Bud greengenes if you haven't already. Purely inspirational for mini growers. I know where your coming from getting the feel for a new grow space and "experimenting" and I apologize for the fact that you've had to say that over and over man.

@ everyone complaining about temps and when to flower:
Yes, those factors might hurt yield but sometimes yield or how dense the buds are doesn't matter. If he ends up with each plant yielded a gram that's still bud he grew himself. Don't sit there and say "were only trying to help" cause if that were the case you would have stated what you had to say once instead multiple times.

Keep on growing my Cali brotha!!! Can't wait to see you rock this ****. What other seeds did you get. I got me some of that chocolate rain. Mmmmm. **** lemon drops and gum drops(hope I'm not the only one who gets this reference).

dckush

Are you telling us that we're being rude for trying to help someone grow the best possible product they can?

No, maybe our telling of the heat issue is because we have had experience with this and are only trying to help Terror grow the best possible product he/she can.

And yes, it might hurt the bud density and yield, but you could be right, maybe Terror couldn't care less about growing the best possible product? :rolleyes:

Sorry Terror, I just found that DC comment a bit rude....

Edit to add....IDK, maybe DC is spot on and I'm wrong? If there's people overstepping with their advice, please just yell out as I'm sure everyone here will be happy to help or not as you prefer! This is your journal, after all! :)

Roddy said:
Are you telling us that we're being rude for trying to help someone grow the best possible product they can?

No, maybe our telling of the heat issue is because we have had experience with this and are only trying to help Terror grow the best possible product he/she can.

And yes, it might hurt the bud density and yield, but you could be right, maybe Terror couldn't care less about growing the best possible product? :rolleyes:

Sorry Terror, I just found that DC comment a bit rude....

Edit to add....IDK, maybe DC is spot on and I'm wrong? If there's people overstepping with their advice, please just yell out as I'm sure everyone here will be happy to help or not as you prefer! This is your journal, after all! :)

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Way to read bucko;)

My point was that he had to repeat himself. Everyone who commented had to have seen that. my bad if that was rude roddezy. Last thing i want to do is offend anyone which was why it was a general statement so that all who commented could think, "he must be talking about me...". And that my friends, is where the beautiful road to recovery will begin.

You're welcome Roddy.

Latest posts

Back