CFL warm light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushman

weed:)
Reaction score
i just went to the shops and brought some CFL with out looking at the package, i was just wondering if 23w/827 3000k warm light would be anygood for veg or is it usles untill i get to flowering?

they will work ok, but you'll want a couple of "daylight" or "cool white" 5000K at least 6500K is better when you can...I mix mine up. veg (2) 6500k and (1) 2800K

iv got a 20w and 15w 5000k or 2, 23w 3000k what do you reckon would work better?

bushman said:
iv got a 20w and 15w 5000k or 2, 23w 3000k what do you reckon would work better?

Every single one of them. Hook em up and give your plant the lumens its dying for!:p

Pot Belly said:
Every single one of them. Hook em up and give your plant the lumens its dying for!:p

thanks dude was thinking of my veg box only 3 light fixture stoner moment.
minimum 3000 lumens per square foot....l like 5000-6000 better for my veg growth.

Hey bushman - seriously though, lumens are just as important as spectrum. That plant needs light energy to make sugar. 5,000 lumens per square foot canopy. I'm dumb as hell at math, but a calculator is so easy to use. Your plant will thank you for it. The lumens are printed right on the box of your cfl. Spectrum sometime is and isn't.

I like a mix of spectum if I could have a choice. I like the higher spectrum (6500k) for seedlings - seems to help for a higher fem ratio. I think there are others who have had better success with that as well. Good luck!

thanks guys im probly just gunna use the 20w and the 23w until i can get some more fixtures, this adds up to around 3000 lumens :)

If your waiting for more fixtures, then the two bulbs will work for a short while. When you do get more fixtures you could add another 6500k and another 2700k. And as always, the more lumens the better. What i did was add a couple bulbs every couple weeks or so until it was time to flower. at the end of my grow i had ten bulbs in all, two 6500k ones and eight 2700k, all 1750 lumens. Hope this info helps ya out, and good green mojo to ya.

Latest posts

Back