Cheese

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the answer I was looking for :) thanks Puff....

I don't know if you saw the quotes in my journal from the book (pamphlet) the guy at the hydro store wrote. He seems like an alright person, and he does know hydro -- anyway, he just bought a small houseboat out here. I told him what it is costing me to live here (almost nothing) and then hooked him up with a guy who was desperate to sell, and he has bought the boat. Who knows, there may be another boat grow going on out here -- too cool :) I'm thinking anyway.

My brother-in-law called me tonight and wants to go in with me on a piece of land in Idaho. I have been trying for years to put together a place for the summers up north. I can't see not being here in the winter tho -- it has been so beautiful here this winter -- I have sat on the deck in the sunshine a lot this winter. It must have been close to seventy today -- near perfect for February. North in the summer and south in the winter, like the indians used to do -- just makes sense to me :)\\Peace

Seeds are viable for many years so long as they are stored in the correct conditions.
Im with ya on the plants Hemperfi as i thought all my 16 were females even after a week or so in flower and then 5 x plants showed themselves to be males and were executed immediately.
I couldnt tell any apart up until this time.
T4

Hemper, I really feel better that you did not have all females. All girls just gives me hermie shivers.

I am also going to be "making some seeds". I am hoping for a male Satori. I will following this to see how you do. This will be the first time that I have deliberately created seeds. I have a shed that I will put the boy in if I get one.

Goddess, they looked to me like females -- some of them being male actually freed up some space for me -- I believe I will get a better yield with 5 females than I would with 8. I don't mind a few males...

I'm going to make some more Cheese seeds, and cross the cheese with AK-47 and Satori -- this should be interesting :)

You are always welcome along THG -- I hope you know that :)

Peace

All 5 of the Satori seeds popped, and they are all stretching. I added soil and they stretched up out of that, so I transplanted a couple of them before they were too stretched to deal with, but they are still stretching upward -- I turned the light to 400w -- should I turn it to 600?

It has occured to me that at least 6 of the clones in vedge are male, and I have lost track of them, so I will have to grow them out to know which ones to cull.

If I have a Satori male I will get some of his pollen as well :)

I love this multi-dimensional gardening :)

Don't you?

HF

Yes, I do. I really like having plants in all stages of growth. I sometimes lose track of my clones, too. I am getting too many strains for the space I have....

Hey Hemperfi & Rockster....

after seeing the double seed (2 seeds one pod thing) a few posts back... i came across this a few minutes ago while doing a bit of a final trim.

IMG_20120205_182123.png

HemperFi said:
How is the smoke from the seeded weed?
The chunks without any seeds is fire. But the rest which is mostly the seed pods left after breaking it down is so-so

Time to update a couple of pics -- I was hoping for definitive buds by now, but they are just beginning to flower, and I am sure all of the remaining plants are female. I will show the crowd in vedge as soon as my camera charges up again. Here are a few HPS shots -- the flowers on bottom right are a Mountain Bud clone -- the last of that strain I'll probably ever see...

100_1125.JPG

100_1126.JPG

100_1127.JPG

And here is the vedge area -- the Cheese clones are doing fine, although, I know there are six males in there and don't know which ones :) The big one is an AK-47, and you can see the stretch I am dealing with concerning the Satori -- it'll be okay :)

100_1130.JPG

100_1131.JPG

How far away are your lights (first tent pics)? You seem to getting a but of excess stretch, especially around the back. They are looking healthy though. Might have to do some tieing up when those buds come in

Puff, I have the dimmable ballast set to 400w -- I figure that's enough light for the little Satori -- I did put them on a box this morning, and I will transplant them into 1 gal pots tonight. The tall clones in the back are probably males and I planted them a little before the rest. The light is pretty close to the AK -- as soon as she tells me to, I will take a couple of clones and put her into 12/12 in the tent and then crank up the light in vedge to 600w -- that's plan A -- lots of flex over here on the old boat though :)

Peace

Not veg plants the first set you posted. You posted the rest when I was replying

Oh, you meant in the tent -- It's about 20 inches over them, and yes, I will have to do some tying up -- or down. The Cheese should lay down from the weight of the top buds, but this will expose the lower buds to the light better and they should be pretty interesting. I may have to lower the light for them. I am having to tweak the temps now and then -- it got to 86 in the tent this morning -- what I really need to do is cut a hole in the side of the boat for a 6" vent -- I will put a wye and hook bobth lights to it exiting the boat -- right now it just goes back into the room. I wish THG would visit and bring some tools :)

pEACE

Yeah the hole sounds good. Just put a vent cover on the outside for dryer vent holes in a house. Then it'll only open with your exhaust is on, so less water and bugs trying to get in.

Then IMO you would get the light closer and get the plants tightened up a bit.

My best skunks love light they will reach for it if too far away I learned.

Thanks, Puff, that will help -- I didn't even know what to ask for lol

Later, jumping in the dingy and heading for town....

Peace

i have something like one of these, neighbors, well if they came into the yard anyways wouldnt think twice what it was, they would jus tthink it was a dryer running ;) the things close when no air is goign through so nothing can get in.

hxxp://www.amazon.com/Lambro-Industries-361W-Louver-Vent/dp/B000KQ2CWS/ref=pd_sbs_hg_1

theres many other styles out there

I beleive I can find something like that near bye -- thanks for clearing my mind on it -- I need to cut a hole too -- guess I'll buy a tool...

There is a ball shooting out on the boy down below -- here is a shot:

100_1132.JPG

100_1133.JPG

Latest posts

Back