Cheese

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is such a beautiful sunny, warm day here I am have some difficulty getting motivated -- so I think I'll just get high and stay on the boat :)

The Cheese are beginning to flower -- the clones are growing like weeds -- the satori is happy, and the fellow down below is about to spew his seed...

Have a look:

100_1134.JPG

100_1136.JPG

100_1138.JPG

100_1140.JPG

100_1141.JPG

100_1142.JPG

100_1143.JPG

you already have a few open balls.... you started collecting yet? or you goin to let it go airborne?

I don't see any pollen -- I really doubt any will make it from down below all the way to the other end of the boat. I was thinking that when I see some of the pods leaking pollen I would just cut the branch and bag it -- and then get rid of the whole plant. There should be enough to do whatever I want -- hows that sound?

they dont leak, itll all come out at once....

the one that are slightly opened and turned yellow, pluck them and sprinkle the pollen into your vial if thats the way your doing it.i see 2-3 that will open here in a matter of hours, no more than a day

HemperFi said:
Okay, I'll go harvest one pod at a time :)

idk i find that is the simple way of doing in since your jsut planing on pollenating a few buds.

that way after say about 15 balls or so youll see its plenty.

one banana in a pod (ball) will pollinate almost a whole branch if done right.

the point your at now, they should be started to change rather quickly, and get rid of that male in a day or so ;)

Id take the plant/plants you want pollinating down to the male room leave to get pollinated naturally and then do the showing then hour or so later return to the flower room.
Its great to watch them spew their pollen and like puffin says it happens very fast.
T4

Thanks for posting this Hemperfi. It is very interesting. :) The girls are looking sexy. :icon_smile:

HemperFi said:
Thanks BHO -- how's everything across the pond?

Just fine ... Larry's went down ... Next week more harvest :icon_smile:

Thanks for the pic update HemperFi and I must say everything is looking just fine but just remember to clean any collected pollen of any plant matter as that will impart moisture to the pollen and possibly make it clump together.

That boy should start to drop pollen in about a week going by the pics so game on for making some cannabis love children, heh heh. :hubba:

Sorry if I've missed it somewhere but have you decided on a pollination regime, be it a branch or a whole plant?

Just a branch, Rockster, on the best looking female in the tent. I don't need lots of seeds. I want to save a little and make some Cheese x AK-47. How long will pollen keep? Can you freeze pollen?

HF

Hi HemperFi,

pollen can be frozen but if it has any moisture in it I think it can ruin it so it's best kept just above freezing so the bottom compartment in the fridge will do the trick.

Properly stored pollen should be viable for years but that is in sterile completely dry conditions but growers have stored it for many months in a placcy bag in the fridge but it must be completely clean and free of any plant matter.

I once extracted pollen from 5 large plants and made the cardinal mistake of not cleaning it of plant matter and left it overnight in a tupperware tub and the next day the stuff was all sticking together in clumps and was all but ruined.

Rockster said:
I once extracted pollen from 5 large plants and made the cardinal mistake of not cleaning it of plant matter and left it overnight in a tupperware tub and the next day the stuff was all sticking together in clumps and was all but ruined.

same thing happened to me on my first major collection. i had a poly seal jar all nice and full, put the lid on, next day i went and looked it was not good. completly differnt consistancy and was a really bright yellowish color. smells like bad corn or something lol. now no plant amterial and i leave the jar open for atleast a day, i dont know if second part is needed but i do it anyways.

i also ruined a batch of seeds of a outdoor plant cuase i left the soft premature seeds in witht he mature ones and closed it up, few days later i had moldy seeds :(

stupid beginer mistakes but its all good, learning experiances.

I went sailing today on a trimaran -- not good wind, but it was a lot of fun. I hadn't been sailing in years. I have a large plastic bag around the male plant down below. When I see pollen, I will cut off the main branches and bag them and shake the pollen intot he bag -- I don't need much, and to tell the truth, I'm more than a little bit freaked about having a ripe male in the boat. I want it out of here as soon as possible.

I'll make sure it is clean and dry...

Peace

imo that wont work very well and make it harder on yourself, going to make a mess to clean out, plus more will spread out over the plant material when shaken makeing it harder to collect.

a ball or two is enough to pollenate a branch.

do you really want to store it?

you could probbaly get pollen off a few of those sacks i seen a few posts back by now just to make a few beans and be done with it

HemperFi said:
.... to tell the truth, I'm more than a little bit freaked about having a ripe male in the boat. I want it out of here as soon as possible.

I'll make sure it is clean and dry...

Peace

I'd love to have a ripe male on a boat......oh, wait, you were talking about plants weren't you....

LMAO, THG, damn I needed that laugh -- than you!

It gets pretty "ripe" on this old boat -- it's a constant battle, and I try hard to keep it to a minimum, but laziness and procrastination make it difficult. I'm planning a major Spring cleaning very soon. :)

I have an ant problem I have never mentioned. They are tiny little ants and are no doubt nesting somewhere -- I don't think they are a danger to the plants, but I'm going to get rid of them anyway. When I leave for the summer, I'm going to set off a feew bug bombs on my way out the door and hope it kills any bugs on the boat -- spiders are another insect I see a lot of out here. Someone told me that from the time you are born until you die you are never more than 7 feet from a spider -- I have never been bitten, and they probably keep other insects at bay in here but they scare me -- always have....

I have taken down the male Cheese. There were lots of ripe balls on it this morning, so I cut off the flowers and stuffed them in a vial I once received some OG Kush in from a dispensery I visited until they closed it down -- I let the perscription for MMJ expire without sending it into the state -- It was good for a year at this particular dispensary without the state card, so I have never really been legal. Anyway, I will let the pollen flowers dry out in the vial and then just slip a bud or two into the vial as far as possible. I'm sure that will pollinate them -- then I will toss vial and all. I need more space and better coordination to pick individual balls and milk the pollen out of them.

The problem is my right arm -- the one that was shot in Cambodia. I was left with a one bone forearm that doesn't twist back and forth (supronate, protinate) and it's about three inches shorter than my good left arm, so my normal lack of coordination is amplified, and, when I try to do things like pick a particular ball off a male plant and massage the pollen out of it -- it is Quite frustrating, especially if I am on my knees in an awkward positon down in a room with 4ft of head space. When I am properly set up and have the room, I will get back into this seed making thing, but I'm thinking it is a little illconcievied right now with my current enviornment.

I WILL pollenate a plant tho

Peace

Hi HemperFi,

I strongly recommend you clean all the plant matter out of the pollen before storage as it might cause the pollen to stick together due to moisture.

But hey, you got shot in Cambodia? :eek:

Latest posts

Back